I got a Non-O single visa, but I would like to enter into visa exempt & use the visa later

11 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

Then why did you apply for a non o visa? Totally nonsense

They said it gonna take 5 weeks to receive the visa in the website, but I received it in 1 week!

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Danielsiam said:

already applied for a Non-O visa, using the E-Visa system, & received sucessfully my single Non-O visa by e-mail, but I would like to enter in Thailand soon using the visa-exempt entry for a week (and don't show the Non-O visa at the IO), & going to Philippines for a month & then re-come back to Thailand, and use my Non-O visa at this time, is it technically possible, or the IO may reject my next entry with the visa saying you should use it before, now it's too late to use it... (even if the visa isn't used and not yet expired)

I know there is a possibility to use the Re-Entry Permit, but I am gonna lose alot of days.

For non-O, do you have to show SS or savings account? I don't need it, but my friend was asking me. I told him I didn't know. 

5 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

For non-O, do you have to show SS or savings account? I don't need it, but my friend was asking me. I told him I didn't know. 

Yes, I had to show bank statement.

From other replies, it sounds like it can be done. But if your eVisa already has an expiration date, much of it will be used up by the time you enter Thailand on it. I guess the advantage to your method is that you would not need to apply for a re-entry permit for your Philipine visit. If you enter on your non-o, you would need a re-entry permit.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

@Danielsiam steve187 got it correct.  If still the same, on entry form, there is a blank to fill in visa number, leave it blank, and you'll enter on 'visa exempt'.  

I did this by accident, as I had a marriage visa, and wasn't paying attention.   When I went to do my 90 day exit/re-enter thingy, IO told me I overstayed 2 months  :cheesy:  Huh ... no prob, and corrected without incident.

Just leave it blank ... but ... make sure you use your visa, before it expires, as they used to have expiration dates.

There is no entry form any more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

The expiry date of the eVisa is the date till which you can use that Visa to enter Thailand. When showing that Visa on entry you will then be stamped in by Thai border immigration for the 90 days Permission to stay that Non Imm O Visa provides you.  

So in this case the OP should NOT show the eVisa to the border-immigration officer when he enters Thailand, and that will  provide him with a 30 day Visa Exempt Permission to stay stamp in his passport.  He can then after the 1 week he plans to stay in Thailand head for Phillipines, and after the 1 month he plans to stay there, on his return to Thailand THEN show the eVisa which will provide him with a 90 days Permission to stay for that Non Imm -O Visa. 

OP only needs to take heed of the expiry date of his eVisa and that he should not let it expire before he plans to re-enter Thailand from the Phillipines. 

Great answer. And it creates a question: If he had physically received a Visa at an embassy and has the Visa label entered in the passport. Would this situation be different? This Visa label has an expiration date on it. In other words, if he entered the country 15 days before expiration, the stamped expiration date still holds true and not pushed out 90 days based on date of entry?

• Confused 1

I once tried to do the same, the I.O. on entry wouldn't allow it and used my visa.  Of course though, that was a physical visa in my passport.  I guess it will depend on whether or not your visa shows on the screen on entry - my guess is it will.

I don't see any reason why they have to start your visa but they may have their rules, I doubt you'll find out until you enter.

Edited by MangoKorat

10 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

So in this case the OP should NOT show the eVisa to the border-immigration officer when he enters Thailand,

That is on the presumption that when his details are entered, his visa won't show up.  I'm pretty sure it will because there must be some form of visa verification for those entering without a physical visa in their passport.

17 minutes ago, scoutman360 said:

Great answer. And it creates a question: If he had physically received a Visa at an embassy and has the Visa label entered in the passport. Would this situation be different? This Visa label has an expiration date on it. In other words, if he entered the country 15 days before expiration, the stamped expiration date still holds true and not pushed out 90 days based on date of entry?

#1 - Good question.  When the OP would have applied at an Embassy for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa, and the Visa sticker was inserted in his passport, I presume that the border Immigration Officer on seeing that Visa in his passport, would stamp him in for the 90-days that the Visa will provide him.  I am not sure whether OP would be able to convince the Imm Officer to stamp him in VisaExempt such that he can use the Visa later for another entry before it expires.  But with an eVisa that problem doesn't materialize as the border Imm Officer will not know that OP has that Visa, if he doesn't show it. 

#2 - If OP enters Thailand 15 days before expiry of the 90-day Non Imm O eVisa, and he shows that eVisa to the border Imm Officer he will be stamped in for 90 days from date of entry.  

22 minutes ago, scoutman360 said:

This Visa label has an expiration date on it. In other words, if he entered the country 15 days before expiration, the stamped expiration date still holds true and not pushed out 90 days based on date of entry?

The validity of the visa and the permission of stay are different.

Visa validity is the period during which a visa can be used to enter Thailand. The validity of a visa is granted with discretion by the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General and is displayed on the visa sticker.

The period of stay is granted by an immigration officer upon arrival at the port of entry and in accordance with the type of visa. The period of stay granted by the immigration officer is displayed on the arrival stamp. You can enter on the last day of a valid visa and still be granted a stay of 90 days on entry from the Non Imm O visa.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

The OP applied for the Non O through a Thai Embassy.

I think your question is regarding applying for the Non Imm O in Thailand from an Immigration office?

In that case, the financials depend on if he's applying based on Thai spouse/family or retirement.

Edited by Liquorice

3 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

That is on the presumption that when his details are entered, his visa won't show up.  I'm pretty sure it will because there must be some form of visa verification for those entering without a physical visa in their passport.

That would be an interesting case.  If the holder of the eVisa decides not to show it on entry (in order to use it at a later date before Visa expiry), would border Immigration detect that in their system, and refuse him a Visa Exempt entry and stamp him in of the 90 days that his Non Imm O Visa provides?  If that's the case, there would be no need to have the eVisa document with you as it would be in the system anyway.  And if Immigration wants to see the eVisa that their system indicates he has, what if the holder of the eVisa tells Immigration that he did not bring that eVisa document with him (as he plans to use it at a later date)?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

If that's the case, there would be no need to have the eVisa document with you as it would be in the system anyway.

Let's not forget - we are dealing with Thailand.  How many times are you required to provide pointless information in Thailand?

Why for example, are Thai citizens required to show both their ID card and their Tabien Baan as ID in various matters when one can't be obtained without the other?

9 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Let's not forget - we are dealing with Thailand.  How many times are you required to provide pointless information in Thailand?

Why for example, are Thai citizens required to show both their ID card and their Tabien Baan as ID in various matters when one can't be obtained without the other?

True, but in this case I doubt whether Thai border Immigration - if they detected in their system that you were provided with a 90-day Non Imm O eVisa - would stamp you in for 90-days when you say you did not bring the document of that 90-day Non Imm O eVisa with you.  The easiest way for border Immigration would then simply be to stamp you in VisaExempt (which is what OP wanted in the first place, such that he can use the eVisa later before it expires). 

When you arrive your E-Visa will come up on their system when you give him your passport. Ask him if you can get a 30 day exempt instead. The E visa should have an enter Thailand before date, maybe you can use later and re enter prior to the e-visa enter before date. When I arrived during covid times with an OA visa ( at the time only OA and marriage visas allowed - ridiculous times ) and a valid retirement extension with re entry permit the IO asked me which one do you want to use........

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

'm pretty sure his Non O visa won't show up.
Immigrations entry system does not access the Thai Embassy systems.
Without a visa, he'd obtain a 30-day visa exempt entry, which is what he wants.

Regardless if he entered on his Non Imm O visa, he could obtain a re-entry permit which would allow him to re-enter Thailand after his Philippines trip, provided the visa was still valid.

11 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

True, but in this case I doubt whether Thai border Immigration - if they detected in their system that you were provided with a 90-day Non Imm O eVisa - would stamp you in for 90-days when you say you did not bring the document of that 90-day Non Imm O eVisa with you.  The easiest way for border Immigration would then simply be to stamp you in VisaExempt (which is what OP wanted in the first place, such that he can use the eVisa later before it expires). 

As I said in a previous post.  A number of years ago I entered with a physical Non O in my passport. I was staying for a few days then leaving and returning a few weeks later.  The I.O. insisted on triggering my visa.

5 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Immigrations entry system does not access the Thai Embassy systems.

Are you suggesting the immigration can't check the validity of an e-visa?  I very much doubt that you are correct.

8 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Regardless if he entered on his Non Imm O visa, he could obtain a re-entry permit which would allow him to re-enter Thailand after his Philippines trip, provided the visa was still valid.

Pretty sure he's aware of that, but then, re-entry permit of not, the 90 day clock is ticking and his stay may expire before he planned it to.

• Like 1