BREAKING NEWS! Iran potentially triggers World War 3

george

6 minutes ago, rabas said:

None, as long a they are not used for military purposes. 

Iran's top IRGC terror generals plotting attacks on Israel in the annex lost them their protections.  Note:    reference

image.png.5b33b024778d882d87fdb9067e4fa7b3.png

8 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Wrong

Sorry, but you're both lying:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/02/world/europe/interpreter-israel-syria-embassy.html

Diplomatic buildings are entitled to broad protections from attack or other interference by the host country under international customary law, codified in the 1961 Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and the 1963 Convention on Consular Relations.

Article 22 of the Convention on Diplomatic Relations states:

“The premises of the mission shall be inviolable. The agents of the receiving State may not enter them, except with the consent of the head of the mission. The receiving State is under a special duty to take all appropriate steps to protect the premises of the mission against any intrusion or damage and to prevent any disturbance of the peace of the mission or impairment of its dignity.”

Those protections remain in force even if the embassy is used for criminal or military purposes. The receiving state can break off diplomatic relations, or revoke the diplomatic immunity of specific individuals and eject them from the country, but it must still “respect and protect” the embassy buildings and their contents even after the mission has closed.

• Confused 5

1 minute ago, AreYouGerman said:

Do you think Israel is a peaceful country?

Do you think Israel's lap dog, the US, is a peaceful country?

You should not answer a question with another question......should you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wobblybob said:

Do you think they had permission, I can't think of any other way a foreign country would fly over another country without permission, unless at war with that country of course.

No idea on that one but I doubt Israel would care whether Jordan gave permission or not.  In military terms, Jordan is a gnat to Israel.

The Middle East is rapidly devolving into a conflagration that typically is contrived to distract.

Netanyahu once more  and more has petulantly  defied the US like a naughty child and pee'd in the back yard of Iran invoking an informed response from Iran that demonstrates the minimum it could.

The world  waits to see just how the US will respond when it ,self declared as the world's "police" is facing 3 fronts of combined military and economic challenges.

At this  moment I think Zelensky is considering a ticket to obscurity, Putin sending first class antifreeze to XI, and Netanyahu has more than a simple earache !

Do Or Die ?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

5 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Diplomatic buildings are entitled to broad protections from attack or other interference by the host country under international customary law, codified in the 1961 Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and the 1963 Convention on Consular Relations.

Article 22 of the Convention on Diplomatic Relations states:

“The premises of the mission shall be inviolable. The agents of the receiving State may not enter them, except with the consent of the head of the mission. The receiving State is under a special duty to take all appropriate steps to protect the premises of the mission against any intrusion or damage and to prevent any disturbance of the peace of the mission or impairment of its dignity.”

Those protections remain in force even if the embassy is used for criminal or military purposes. The receiving state can break off diplomatic relations, or revoke the diplomatic immunity of specific individuals and eject them from the country, but it must still “respect and protect” the embassy buildings and their contents even after the mission has closed.

'Diplomatic buildings are entitled to broad protections from attack or other interference by the host country under international customary law

'

Israel was NOT the host Country , Syria was the host Country 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

No idea on that one but I doubt Israel would care whether Jordan gave permission or not.  In military terms, Jordan is a gnat to Israel.

But they helped them shoot down Iranian missiles, I can't put it any better than I have already done. Israel was not a gnat to Jordan last night because they again helped them along with other Arab nations and the pro Hamas lot won't take kindly to that!

Edited by Wobblybob
Grammar.
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

Yeah, Hitler invaded Poland because occupying the German city Danzig and half of Prussia was out of question and then France invaded Germany. People now say Crimea shouldn't stay Russian. Well, sounds very similar to 'Danzig shouldn't stay Polish'.

The US wants wars on 3 fronts now but can only fight one. Let's see what it is. My bet is 'Die for Israel'.

Nothing like a good old dose of atonement then from you.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No change to the above, no need for me to go into details why and why its nothing like the US or Israel because you should know yourself

I understand it can be to much to take in, that we are no better than the enemy for the right reasons. It a though one. Easier to put the pink glasses on

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Israel was not a gnat to Jordan last night

I didn't say that, I said Jordan is a gnat to Israel. Meaning that Isael is far more powerful and would probably not be worried about crossing Jordanian airspace.  They are not going to publish their flight plans but it seems highly unlikely that they flew any other route in their recent attacks in both Iraq and Syria.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, MangoKorat said:

I didn't say that, I said Jordan is a gnat to Israel.

Well I still have to repeat myself with the same reply, they wasn't last night as they helped Israel.

Ground control to Major Tom, are you receiving over.🥴

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

I understand it can be to much to take in, that we are no better than the enemy for the right reasons. It a though one. Easier to put the pink glasses on

that we are no better than the enemy for the right reasons. 

Why I can't be bothered debating such nonsense with you.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Do you think they had permission, I can't think of any other way a foreign country would fly over another country without permission, unless at war with that country of course.

So you're saying Israel obtained permission from Syria to attack the Iranian embassy compound in Syria.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

that we are no better than the enemy for the right reasons. 

Why I can't be bothered debating such nonsense with you.

Its like wise

Just now, Hummin said:

Its like wise

Fantastic!

Country Reports on Terrorism 2021: Iran

Designated as a State Sponsor of Terrorism in 1984, Iran continued its support for terrorist-related activity in 2021, including support for Hizballah, Palestinian terrorist groups in Gaza, and various terrorist and militant groups in Iraq, Syria, Bahrain, and elsewhere throughout the Middle East.  Iran used the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Qods Force (IRGC-QF) to provide support to terrorist organizations, provide cover for associated covert operations, and create instability in the region.  Iran has acknowledged the involvement of the IRGC-QF in the Iraq and Syria conflicts, and the IRGC-QF is Iran’s primary mechanism for cultivating and supporting terrorist activity abroad.  In 2019, the Secretary of State designated the IRGC, including IRGC-QF, as a Foreign Terrorist Organization.  Iran also used regional militant and proxy groups to provide deniability, in an attempt to shield it from accountability for its destabilizing policies.

https://www.state.gov/reports/country-reports-on-terrorism-2021/iran/

“State Sponsors of Terrorism: An Examination of Iran’s Global Terrorism Network.”

https://www.congress.gov/event/115th-congress/house-event/108155/text

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Well I still have to repeat myself with the same reply, they wasn't last night as they helped Israel.

Ground control to Major Tom, are you receiving over.🥴

Firstly, see the edit to my last post.

Secondly, I think you have misunderstood my entire meaning.  Another poster stated that Israel cannot fly over Saudi or Iraq to reach Iran.  I am questioning why they would have any reason to fly over Saudi.  They wouldn't care about flying over Iraq - Iraq no longer has the capability of doing anything about that.

Looking at a map of the region, Jordan would be the obvious route, not Saudi.  As you say, Jordan helped Israel out last night so it seems doubtful they would object to Israeli aircaft flying over their territory and even if they did, I doubt Israel would care. 

I don't see your point - unless you have misunderstood Ground Control.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Show me where I said that you liar!

See your quote in my post.

"Do you think they had permission, I can't think of any other way a foreign country would fly over another country without permission, unless at war with that country of course."

They flew over Syria so must have had Syrian permission according to your reasoning. Now all know that's not correct, so your post was incorrect.

• Confused 1

I'm thinking about the thread title
Iran potentially triggers World War 3

Who exactly is going to enlist to fight in it? You, your sons or daughters?
Draft? I won’t even say what that would lead to. Nothing to stress about. This is all theatrics.

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Fantastic!

Country Reports on Terrorism 2021: Iran

Designated as a State Sponsor of Terrorism in 1984, Iran continued its support for terrorist-related activity in 2021, including support for Hizballah, Palestinian terrorist groups in Gaza, and various terrorist and militant groups in Iraq, Syria, Bahrain, and elsewhere throughout the Middle East.  Iran used the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Qods Force (IRGC-QF) to provide support to terrorist organizations, provide cover for associated covert operations, and create instability in the region.  Iran has acknowledged the involvement of the IRGC-QF in the Iraq and Syria conflicts, and the IRGC-QF is Iran’s primary mechanism for cultivating and supporting terrorist activity abroad.  In 2019, the Secretary of State designated the IRGC, including IRGC-QF, as a Foreign Terrorist Organization.  Iran also used regional militant and proxy groups to provide deniability, in an attempt to shield it from accountability for its destabilizing policies.

https://www.state.gov/reports/country-reports-on-terrorism-2021/iran/

“State Sponsors of Terrorism: An Examination of Iran’s Global Terrorism Network.”

https://www.congress.gov/event/115th-congress/house-event/108155/text

1  source , the source of  declaration. The same source that to this day  justifies  thee invasion of  Iraq and the  public hanging of Saddam Hussien on the grounds of  possessing  "weapons of  mass destruction" , despite being in the  political truthful knowledge  that  no such weapons  or even facilities  even existed  because they had  been expunged already  by the US  !

• Like 1