Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Playing phone videos loud in bar

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Are you seriously suggesting that people blasting sound out of their phones in public places like bars, cafes or busses is fine and normal, and to object to it is to be a "grumpy old man"?

No.  I'm suggesting that griping about it is futile, and working up negative energy about it doesn't serve me, or my health. 

So I'll let that cloud go by without yelling at it...  You guys can give yourselves ulcers if you want.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

In the USA neighbors shoot neighbors over loud music and barking dogs.........  why not expect the same throughout the rest of the world?

We are not there yet, just knocking on doors and ask polite to turn down the music, without risking being shot

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hummin said:

on the train, buss, restaurants gym, everywhere

Are you old enough to recall the ghetto-style jungle bunny BoomBoxes of the late 60s and 70s, in places like the Bronx and Harlem?

Those were far worse.

image.png.c77a7a54f5980306ad29e47b2b41dd53.png

image.png.360da3546349e9ab699049d2ba8fafec.png

image.png.3d34dd614cea72c8701e65560a582af2.png

Count yourself, these days, lucky....maybe...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Are you old enough to recall the ghetto-style jungle bunny BoomBoxes of the late 60s and 70s, in places like the Bronx and Harlem?

Those were far worse.

and Thai's put them to shame with their speaker stacks loaded up in the back of pickups. You wouldn't think it by looking at travel brochures but Thailand has a hardcore redneck culture well surpassing anything in America, with the one exception of monster trucks and wrestling.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

and Thai's put them to shame with their speaker stacks loaded up in the back of pickups. You wouldn't think it by looking at travel brochures but Thailand has a hardcore redneck culture well surpassing anything in America, with the one exception of monster trucks and wrestling.

I am well aware of those Thai ghetto-truck audio-abominations!

Two of them would park across from my building, close to the temple, and Turn Up the Volume, from 4pm to 7pm.

What kind of WATTAGE do they have in those trucks?

And, they must have some heavy-duty generators or alternators or Lithium Battery Packs, or something to be able to drive those speakers like that.

And, I guess, give credit where credit is due....

You gotta be one heck of a Sound Engineer to be able to accomplish an abomination like that!

21 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Last trip to Pattaya it started to annoy me that people would play their YouTube videos on high volume in bars. One guy sitting alone played his videos for over 30 minutes and then when his girl arrived he started to play her the same videos on full volume to show how funny they were.

What's happened to bar etiquette where you plug your earphones in? 

Edit: I'm sitting in a bar in Aussie where a guy just started up his youtube, hence this rant, so not just a Pattaya thing....

How about Starbucks , lol a bar at least they re noisy mostly , screaming into phone and volume on high to  hear their families , Disgraceful and Ignorant , especially Russian and UAE crowd 

Edited by Irish star
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

In the USA neighbors shoot neighbors over loud music and barking dogs.........  why not expect the same throughout the rest of the world?

Still upset about the Revolution few hundred years ago Waaaaaa

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bbi1 said:

That's why the world knows the USA as the United Sheethole of America.

You speaking Chinese or Russian, well we know where you ll run to , if it comes to that, Moronic Statement from the ignorant 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I would think to ask the manager or owner to ask offenders to stop disturbing the peace and if they do nothing, they don't care so not worth my business. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, actonion said:

Take into account that just maybe, some  of these loud people   may have a hearing problem

Then all the better to use earphones and stop annoying other people 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Those were far worse.

image.png.c77a7a54f5980306ad29e47b2b41dd53.png

image.png.360da3546349e9ab699049d2ba8fafec.png

image.png.3d34dd614cea72c8701e65560a582af2.png

Count yourself, these days, lucky....maybe...

Fantastic  far less  agro than now 

Although I don't see education of adults as my mission in life I do politely ask noise makers if they can please use ear buds or a headphone or turn down the volume. It usually works, but I understand that depends on the location. Same goes for vaping, I see that as a similar problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/15/2024 at 1:08 PM, Pattaya57 said:

Last trip to Pattaya it started to annoy me that people would play their YouTube videos on high volume in bars. One guy sitting alone played his videos for over 30 minutes and then when his girl arrived he started to play her the same videos on full volume to show how funny they were.

What's happened to bar etiquette where you plug your earphones in? 

Edit: I'm sitting in a bar in Aussie where a guy just started up his youtube, hence this rant, so not just a Pattaya thing....

And if you said anything probably get a punch in the face

They have to make announcements on airplanes in the US because of this now

Everyone is completely entitled and unapologetic

Now, looking for the pic I have  of the guy letting his fake "service dog" poop in the terminal

Had the same on the bus and train......even first class train journey in Germany....challenged everyone of them and they turned them off.....but you would think I'd asked them to donate a kidney to a pedophile 

• Haha 1