Jump to content

Water heater reset


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Celsius said:

I have this water heater. I am guessing I have to open the box and find the reset switch. is it safe to do so by myself or am I gonna get fried?

 

pic-00077822.png

Look along the bottom. Some hav a lever to push and reset. Others, have to lift the cover and red reset button is pushed.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every few years everything seems to break.

My Samsung washer 18 Kilos break 5 years old, waiting for parts, my LG coin washer 12 kg, Same problem, coin operating water main circuit indicator out, now Panisonic water heater out!  5 years, reset level under front panel I push up to reset still no hot water?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, 

 

Most of the water heaters have 2 reset buttons. One is the electrical safety which is generally located outside of the box underneath. Just press it, it's absolutely safe ( avoid being barefoot into a wet shower)

 

The second one is the overheating safety. This one is again generally located above the boiler. It's a very tiny almost invisible little button. In this case, wear gloves, isolate yourself from ground and just press on it...job done your boiler should be operational again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, decca60 said:

Hello, 

 

Most of the water heaters have 2 reset buttons. One is the electrical safety which is generally located outside of the box underneath. Just press it, it's absolutely safe ( avoid being barefoot into a wet shower)

 

The second one is the overheating safety. This one is again generally located above the boiler. It's a very tiny almost invisible little button. In this case, wear gloves, isolate yourself from ground and just press on it...job done your boiler should be operational again. 

 

Yea, this one has no reset button on the outside at all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Put the power off first 

then f you van not find reset button under neath take cover off  

 look what you do for reset button or google  the heater make and ask how to reset 

if u are not confident to do ask someone who is 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

5 years, reset level under front panel I push up to reset still no hot water?

Just saying you will not get hot water if the earth is not connected/loose.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First of all switch off the fuse of the heater in your fuse box

 

I followed  Khunla's manual link. There is a manual reset inside. However not given where it is, as device.

In manual, you see it is in between the power (supply) line and the switch selector. fig 6

Try to locate and reset. It must be accessible anyhow. See how switch looks like and how to push it for reset.

After you reset it, go back to fuse box and activate fuse in fusebox again.

Go back to your heater and notice if there is a change in position of the switch (it is again activated, or not).

Mind your hands as now all is on power, dont get in ! 

If the reset is still ok, then switch fuse (fusebox) back off and fix the heater cover back again.  

When finished, switch fuse (fusebox) back on and have functional test of the water heater. 

If problem occurs again, you have problem or with the safety switch or further in heating device.

If I see correct, you must take of the knob of the selector (gently lift it with screwdriver) and then on the bottom there is a screw to take out.

Then it will swing open as in fig 2. Not clear if you can take off cover complete.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem with these heaters is the ambient inlet water temperature. In winter, cold water, you need a lot of power to get it up to a comfortable temperature. Mid-seasons, warmer inlet water, output too hot so you mix cold at the shower. Hot season, like now, inlet water warm, output far too hot, so you mix cold at fhe shower, reducing the flow through the heater ("the slower the flow the hotter the water") and it overheats and trips.....for your protection!

As said elsewhere, yes, open it up....but not until you have isolated the power! The reset will be a tiny grey button on a 4-pronged thingy on the heater element. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING WITH YOUR FINGERS,use an insulated screwdriver to click the reset, replace the cover, then switch the power back on. Reduce the power setting until the hot season is over.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Grusa said:

The problem with these heaters is the ambient inlet water temperature. In winter, cold water, you need a lot of power to get it up to a comfortable temperature. Mid-seasons, warmer inlet water, output too hot so you mix cold at the shower. Hot season, like now, inlet water warm, output far too hot, so you mix cold at fhe shower, reducing the flow through the heater ("the slower the flow the hotter the water") and it overheats and trips.....for your protection!

As said elsewhere, yes, open it up....but not until you have isolated the power! The reset will be a tiny grey button on a 4-pronged thingy on the heater element. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING WITH YOUR FINGERS,use an insulated screwdriver to click the reset, replace the cover, then switch the power back on. Reduce the power setting until the hot season is over.

 

Helpful, thanks.

 

If i don't post tomorrow the reset was not a success.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2024 at 1:40 AM, Celsius said:

I have this water heater.

 Products such as this can change dramatically from model to model.

 

For any decisive answer, best to quote the model number so any service information can be accurate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
×
  • Create New...