Single Farang has sex in sea: Onlookers see, resulting in death of Farang.

23 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I have always been convinced that depression is a disease that is worse than cancer. With cancer, one can still feel hope, and one can enjoy life. But with severe depression, the mind completely rules the body, and hope is lost due to a warped perception of reality, caused by depression.

I also believe that the drugs that medicine has to offer, to date, have not proven to be effective and safe.

Further, I believe that, in some cases, these drugs have led to further deterioration of mental health, such as in the exacerbations of complications from depression.

Watching the video linked in the original topic, we see a woman who is intelligent and well-spoken, even if her beach behavior might seem aberrant to some.

Then, fast-forward a few months, and she dies by her own hand, in such a horrific way.

What went wrong?

Depression?

Was it the public shaming that played a part?

Certainly, she needed help and supportive care, and also caring from her community.

But, did she get what she needed?

Somehow, I doubt it.

Was she of such little value that her plight should have been ignored by neighbors and family?

I would have liked to know the entire story.

But, hers is just another example of a mental health issue, and maybe alienation from her community, that led to a very tragic outcome.

I do feel for her, of course.

Who would not?

People who have depression hide it from others, many being ashamed that they have this disease, when it has nothing to do with them but their family history. You believe that meds hurt them. I know meds have helped millions stay alive and live better lives. It takes experimentation, like guinea pigs, to find what one works. Many give up because they try one and since it didn't work, or things got worse, they stop. Many stop their medications because they start to help them, and they think it will last. It doesn't . The brain doesn't not heal itself if it has this disease called clinical depression.

We aren't again talking about temporary depression which most get for one reason or another. The wrong medication for any illness will not work. The right one might make a life better. Depression does not go away, so it has to be treated, forever. No one has come up with anything besides some pills that treat the symptoms, and that's all we have now.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

We aren't again talking about temporary depression which most get for one reason or another. The wrong medication for any illness will not work. The right one might make a life better.

To date, as we know very well, there IS NO right medication.

The right medication does NOT exist.

Why is this?

This is due to the nature of the brain itself.

The brain always strives to return to the original homeostatic state.

Think of it like WackAMole...maybe.

We use meds to push the systems of the brain in one direction, and then the brain immediately begins to COMPENSATE for the introduction of these meds, by the increased production of chemicals in the attempt to restore the original equilibrium state.

Worse yet, after exposure to these psychoactive drugs for an extended period of time, there may be no return to the original "normal" state.

For sure, society needs better solutions for mental health problems.

However, the present-day drugs seem to be negatively impacting mental health, and not improving it.

What fraction of the US population is now consuming long-term psychoactive medications, as of 2024?

image.png.cadef1afdd7d4e58d909a006bec8e5d8.png

image.png.450b9e399e4729b5de2bb3580d40fd9b.png

THIS, all of this, is nothing but CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR of Pharma Corporations.

Importantly, there seems to be NO POLITICAL WILL to change the situation in the USA.

We need OTHER and BETTER mental health treatments that do not employ pharmaceuticals that TRULY are not yet available.

In fact, looking at the STATS of 2023 psychiatric drug consumption, I am reminded of the 1960s, when this Stones song was popular.

If life is a drag...

There is really no quick fix.

Life is just one tragedy after the next.

What did our mothers expect, anyway?

Edited by GammaGlobulin

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

NO.

Not according to Johns Hopkins Medicine.

But, Johns Hopkins is such a slouch medical center....

image.png.d2ab7c3271281a43a44abd3bbdbe2d93.png

This from medical news is probably the best response...........

Depression is a lifelong condition, as there is no cure. However, this does not necessarily mean that it will affect a person every day of their life. With the right treatment plan, remission is possible. The treatment plan may need adjusting throughout a person’s life.

Depression is one of the most treatable mental health conditions. Between 80% and 90% of people with depression respond well to treatment, meaning that they see an improvement in their symptoms or the symptoms disappear.    This means medicine can help treat the symptoms, although depression is a lifelong disease which can go into remission, as I have seen it happen many times with many people I personally know.

14 hours ago, theshu25 said:

The Op is nothing but a grub troll seeking attention.

Hes a right leaning republican so his behavior is typical ..hence his empty life of sitting in front of his computer trying to gaslight everyone with murdoch backed tabloid trash

his sex obsession also backs this up...he has over 8.5 k posts within his 3 yrs as a member ..do the math....hence his pitiful life...or whats left of it...... has been added to my "ignore" list...

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, fredwiggy said:
What are the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder?
  • Grandiose sense of self-importance. ...
  • Frequent fantasies about having or deserving: ...
  • Belief in superiority. ...
  • Need for admiration. ...
  • Entitlement. ...
  • Willingness to exploit others. ...
  • Lack of empathy. ...
  • Frequent envy.

Guess who im thinking of..besides GG.....lol

Good Luck to you Mr Wiggy...you've got your work cut out for you...i had to just add GG to the pile on my ignore list..some folks just cant be reached...with facts and truths....