Iran reports explosions at airport in central Iran missiles were fired by Israel says US

Social Media

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Nonsense, Iran has no desire to use nuclear weapons. 

They have them in defence as there are countries in the world that want their oil and have attacked their neighbours for theirs unjustly quite recently.  Americans. like you conveniently forget the unjust war and slaughter of 100's of thousands of innocent people in Iraq. 

Just in case I wouldn't rule out building a nuclear bunker.

"Americans like you" disgusting comment!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

After the invasion of Iraq by the Bush administration, and more recently the Russia-Ukraine war, it is obvious that nukes are the only way to really protect a country or a regime.

Unfortunately, we'll see more countries developing nuclear weapons......

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The close relationship between the US and Israel, due to this the lobby, often results in policies that prioritize Israeli interests over  regional stability or the rights of Palestinians. This can manifest in diplomatic support for Israeli actions, such as settlements in the occupied territories, military aid packages, and diplomatic cover in international forums.

One key aspect contributing to the lobby's influence is the significant, unproportionate percentage of Jews in various levels of the U.S. government, which can cause biases and conflicts of interest, particularly regarding U.S. foreign policy towards Israel and the Middle East.

Some here will say the Secretary of State being Jewish means nothing, or the Vice president being married to a Jew means nothing, or the President's children marrying Jews means nothing. Conflict of interest here. If Bidens grandkids were Muslim instead of Jewish, I bet he wouldn't be so supportive of the Gazan genocide. 

I completely agree. As a centrist dem, who is an American Jew, it is incredible how much flack I get for "not going along with the program". Being critical of Israel, their policies and now their extremism, is not encouraged, nor is it even permissible in some circles. I will not apologize for being critical of policy that generates hatred, war, the killing of thousands of innocent women and children, the disruption of the world economy, and prevents peace or a peaceful solution. And no, I do not support Hamas, for those who abhor rejection of Israeli extremism. I despise them and wish them dead. OK?

Edited by spidermike007
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The "Mad Mullahs" (what an appropriate term) have been engaged in a slow burn conflict with Israel for decades. They run terrorism throughout that part of the world, with Israel as the main target. They own Hezbollah, are largely in control of Hamas, and are an active, not potential, existential threat to Israel. They do not share a border with Israel, other than by proxy with Lebanon and Syria. If the geography was different, and they did have a border they would have launched full scale conventional war long ago.

Their great boast and the great threat is their emerging missile launched nuclear capability. Israel ignoring that will simply make no difference; so Israel has laid down a marker, shown they are aware, and have the capacity to react.

In my opinion, and such predictions are just that, opinions, I suspect that Iran will not be able to resist the opportunity to launch nuclear missiles once they have them. They are not constrained by the moral and political constraints which hold sway amongst the worlds other nuclear armed countries (including Israel) which dictate no "first use".

So I expect, sadly, Iran to initiate a nuclear exchange. The weapons will not be on the scale or in the quantity which would be involved in the much studied and modelled prospect of a superpower nuclear exchange. Israel has phenomenal (and phenomenally expensive) anti aircraft and anti missile defences, but some will get through,  there will still be a lot of damage. Iran's missile and nuclear capacity, along probably with it's communication and IT systems, will be destroyed.

Let's try and look on the bright (?) side, the Mullahs regime may collapse under that damage.

I agree with the first half of your post though I am not so sure about the second part, where the mad mullahs will be unable to resist using their new nuclear weapons.

Their military leaders will point out that by using them the mullahs will actually be ensuring their own destruction, that of their country plus that of their Shi'a religion, with no guarantee of the complete destruction of Israel, nor would their be any chance of destroying "the great Satan" that they call the USA.

I think that they would need to build at least 11 nuclear weapons and find a country that will allow them to test one of the first to see if it actually works. Possibly Russia or more likely (if at all)or North Korea may let them. there is nothing worse than building a big bomb only to find out (if/when) you set it off it doesn't go bang.

How long it will take to build them I have no idea, as it is not something that I would build at home (it is not in my skillset), even if I could find the plans on the internet.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I agree with the first half of your post though I am not so sure about the second part, where the mad mullahs will be unable to resist using their new nuclear weapons.

Their military leaders will point out that by using them the mullahs will actually be ensuring their own destruction, that of their country plus that of their Shi'a religion, with no guarantee of the complete destruction of Israel, nor would their be any chance of destroying "the great Satan" that they call the USA.

I'd like this to be true, but the way the Iranian regime has conducted itself over the past few decades I just cant see them acting rationally. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2024 at 1:00 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

Israel was retaliating for last weeks Iranian missile attack on Israel .

Israel didn't attack Iran first , Israel eliminated the mass murdering war criminals who were located inside the Consulate in Syria , where they were probably planning  further war crimes .

Only one error in your message.  It has been reported on most mainstream media it was an embassy or a consulate which was hit. It was really an Annex building next door to the Iranian embassy, being used as a war room and they were planning attacks on Israel. If you watch BBC CNN Al Jazeera etc. they will give you false information. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Ref..Amin Navabi.. Athiest Republic. Ex Muslim, Iranian with family and contacts in Iran. 

IMG_20240421_000137.jpg

Edited by aussiebrian

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

I posted the confused emoji.

Who is "our" and who is "we"?

Perhaps you mean the governments and not all of the people.

But please don't include me in the "our" and "we".

In fact why not just speak for yourself and add the rider "and anybody who agrees with me".

I agree with you about supporting the Ukraine, but I definitely disagree with you about supporting the murderous slaughter of innocent Palestinian men women and children by Israel.

yes, 'our/we' for governments and coalitions.

the world views Palestinians as persona non grata - the Arab world (Emirates expelled all after a coupe attempt, Jordan also for the same, Egypt for the last 3000 years, etc, etc) and the western world. I'm against slaughter also, but Hamas isn't and Palestinians are still pro-Hamas. Israel is doing the best it can, and any other government would be doing the same if not worse. For the record, Palestinians have been pro-genocide since before they arrived in Gaza 1100BCE. Most world governments are content to look the other way while Israel eliminates Hamas for good reasons. Hamas uses its citizens as shields and the shields don't see anything wrong with this. Hamas is them and they agree with Hamas. They are making it difficult. Interesting that the once loyal son of a founder of Hamas is now extremely anti-Hamas. Also interesting that the founders and shot callers of Hamas are living in luxury in Qatar, content with the sacrifice their citizens are making. Hamas can surrender at any time BTW

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Nonsense, Iran has no desire to use nuclear weapons. 

They have them in defence as there are countries in the world that want their oil and have attacked their neighbours for theirs unjustly quite recently.  Americans. like you conveniently forget the unjust war and slaughter of 100's of thousands of innocent people in Iraq. 

yes, the Iraq War was probably a mistake. we will never know what might have happened if history didn’t turn that way. was it 100s of thousands of innocents? seems like it was less but I didn't see those numbers.

but to be sure, Iran cannot be trusted with possession of nuclear material. I doubt they would strap it to a missile on their soil, but they would supply the material to a future war effort they believe in

• Sad 1