Iran reports explosions at airport in central Iran missiles were fired by Israel says US

Social Media

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Further to that, what response do YOU think Iran should make to the second unprovoked attack by Israel?

Both of Israel's attack on Iran were because of Iranian provocation and Iranian attacks on Israel .

Iran organised the Oct 7 terror attack and Israel response by killing the organisers in the consulate bombing  .

Iran then provoked Israel again by sending 300 bombs into Israel , Israel the responded by sending some missiles into Iran .

Israel are reacting to Iranian attacks

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Then why don’t you answer it if you think it is deserving of an answer ?

Because, and this ought not be too difficult for you to grasp, I have absolutely no connection to anyone within the Iranian Government or their military.

So while I think the question is deserving of an answer I make no claim to have the answer.

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Because, and this ought not be too difficult for you to grasp, I have absolutely no connection to anyone within the Iranian Government or their military.

So while I think the question is deserving of an answer I make no claim to have the answer.

I didn't answer myself because the question is undeserving of an answer; it is a loaded question, which tells the lie that the attack by Israel was unprovoked.

I noticed that you did not point out that erroneous part of the question; which would indicate that you do not think firing over 300 ballistic missiles, drones, and cruise missiles at Israel is provocation, which means you are in a good position to answer the question, which was only asking for an opinion, not inside knowledge.

The questioner also used capital letters in the question; this is the online equivalent of shouting at someone, and I don’t respond to people that shout at me.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Nothing like provoking your enemy, and (deleted) off your few friends that you have left in the world.

Especially as you attacked Iran in the first place.

They retaliated in a minor way and said as far as they were concerned, that was the end of it. So now you attack them a second time.

To all those Israeli and IDF supporters on here.

I know and understand that you will find a rational excuse for Israel. But there is no rational excuse at all.

Does this look like the action of a sane and rational leader, or that of a homicidal maniac?

Israel is at great risk of becoming completely isolated from the rest of the world. Their remaining support seems to be waning by the day and for Nations like the US it's becoming harder and harder to support them, and more and more costly politically.

Netanyahu's fealty to homicidal extremists (the utra orthodox) is not helping on any level. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Iran were shown to be impotent when they attacked Israel last week , Iran fired 300 missiles at Israel and practically had no effect at all .

Israel can hit Iran, Iran cannot hit Israel .

I hope that Israel doesn't attack the Iranian citizens and just the military are targeted , as the Iranian  citizens arent the bad guys

U.S., Not Israel, Shot Down Most Iran Drones and Missiles

American forces did most of the heavy lifting responding to Iran’s retaliation for the attack on its embassy in Damascus. 

Asked to comment on the United States shooting down half of Iran’s drones and missiles, the Israel Defense Forces and the White House National Security Council did not respond at the time of publication. The Pentagon referred The Intercept to U.S. Central Command, which pointed to a press release saying CENTCOM forces supported by U.S. European Command destroyers “successfully engaged and destroyed more than 80 one-way attack uncrewed aerial vehicles (OWA UAV) and at least six ballistic missiles intended to strike Israel from Iran and Yemen.”

https://theintercept.com/2024/04/15/iran-attack-israel-drones-missiles/

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

It is quite encouraging to know that Iran played down the incident and indicated it had no plans for retailation which will avert a wider war. I think Israel limited attack of drones and no missiles at targetted sites which avoided civilian casualties seem calibrated to send a message rather than instigating further conflict. The call for restraint by the Biden's adminstration has been heeded by Israel. 

I wouldn't be so sure about that........😋

7 minutes ago, transam said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that........😋

Both will not want to engage in wider conflict.Israel isn't strong enought o attack Iran at this juncture. Neither is Iran who is out-gunned by Israel in a wide variety of missiles and their defence system. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It may have escaped your attention but this week the USA, the U.K , Jordan and France all joined Israel and opposed Iran .

Countries hate Iran more than they hate Israel 

IMO the calls against Iran were  more of grave concern that an uncontrolled escalation was imminent than any recovered sympathy  for Israel.

When it comes to emotional opinion again IMO it is not the  country or the people that attract revulsion. It is the governing authoritarians in each embedded in using religious divisionism .

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Both will not want to engage in wider conflict.Israel isn't strong enought o attack Iran at this juncture. Neither is Iran who is out-gunned by Israel in a wide variety of missiles and their defence system. 

Are you sure about that...?  🤔

30 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

It is quite encouraging to know that Iran played down the incident and indicated it had no plans for retailation which will avert a wider war. I think Israel limited attack of drones and no missiles at targetted sites which avoided civilian casualties seem calibrated to send a message rather than instigating further conflict. The call for restraint by the Biden's adminstration has been heeded by Israel. 

The call for restraint by the large number of countries Biden's adminstration has been heeded by Israel. Not just the USA!

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

If a nation has not signed the international agreement against the development of nukes, then they are breaking no law. Israel hasn't signed any agreement either, so if Iran's program is illegal, Israel's 140 already-built nukes would also be illegal.

That's just semantics, not a slur against Israel.

As for the JCPOA, which trump abrogated, it was 100% successful. I've written this elsewhere enough, but the combo of the JCPOA and Stuxnet had Iran a decade or more away from even coming close to a nuke. (Even the Israeli govt admitted its success, although they tried to muddy the waters by 'leaking' documents from 2003 about Iran's nuke program...the equivalent of Iraq's WMD, which Saddam had ceased development of after Gulf War I.) The JCPOA was also intended as a stepping stone to additional deals, such as getting Iran away from supporting Shi-a terrorism. Tearing it up, as trump did simply because it was an Obama victory, put everything back to square one, and most significantly, put Iran back in the nuke game.

The Iranians are quite clever, despite their mullahs' attempts to keep the place in the 7th Century. They might even have been the first nation after the US to independently develop nukes (Oppenheimer was incorrect that others would figure it out; instead, tech transfer and/or espionage was what gave every single other nuke power the ability.) Yes, Iran got help from Pakistan's A. Q. Khan, who got his knowledge from the Chinese, who got it via espionage. Iran's missile tech came from a very roundabout source which I won't note, but it would surprise many here. I believe it remains classified still.

Israel does not have the weaponry able to take out Iran's deepest bunkers, but they can take out power stations adjacent to HS centrifuge facilities, as HS centrifuges require an extremely steady and non-fluctuating power intake (A superior power station is one key used to detect nearby U235 enrichment facilities). Of course, Stuxnet, imbedded in imported machinery from an EU nation, worked previously to ruin Iran's HS centrifuge gear, which opened up things to engage in what resulted in the JCPOA.

Before the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) was signed under the Obama administration, Iran’s breakout time – or the time it would have taken for Iran to gather enough fissile material to build a weapon – was only two to three months. 

The JCPOA was designed to increase Iran’s breakout time to one year or more. This was achieved by requiring Iran to reduce its stockpile of uranium by 98%, and keep its level of uranium enrichment at 3.67% — significantly below the enrichment level needed to create a bomb.

As of now, the situation has changed. Iran’s nuclear program has been advancing. According to estimates from February 2024, Iran can now make weapons-grade uranium (WGU) for seven nuclear weapons in one month.

This is a significant reduction in breakout time compared to the period immediately after the JCPOA was implemented. However, it’s important to note that Iran has not made the political decision to produce nuclear weapons, according to Western and Israeli intelligence.

The Historic Deal that Will Prevent Iran from Acquiring a Nuclear Weapon | The White House (archives.gov)

Iran nuclear deal: What it all means - BBC News

What to Know About Iran’s Nuclear Program: Breakout Time (fdd.org)

An Israeli attack on Iran’s nuclear weapons programme is unlikely – here’s why (theconversation.com)

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Israel is at great risk of becoming completely isolated from the rest of the world. Their remaining support seems to be waning by the day and for Nations like the US it's becoming harder and harder to support them, and more and more costly politically.

Netanyahu's fealty to homicidal extremists (the utra orthodox) is not helping on any level. 

The US will always support Israel for reasons we can't talk about. It's not political. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The US will always support Israel for reasons we can't talk about. It's not political. 

You can talk about them .

You are allowed to say Jewish if you want , its not a banned word .

But the reason why the USA supported Israel because it was an ally in an area where the USA had numerous enemies .

If the USA wanted a Middle Eastern Country bombed, they would just give Israel a call and ask them to do it 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Just tell chat AI to churn something out, its not you talking then eh..........

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Before the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) was signed under the Obama administration, Iran’s breakout time – or the time it would have taken for Iran to gather enough fissile material to build a weapon – was only two to three months. 

The JCPOA was designed to increase Iran’s breakout time to one year or more. This was achieved by requiring Iran to reduce its stockpile of uranium by 98%, and keep its level of uranium enrichment at 3.67% — significantly below the enrichment level needed to create a bomb.

As of now, the situation has changed. Iran’s nuclear program has been advancing. According to estimates from February 2024, Iran can now make weapons-grade uranium (WGU) for seven nuclear weapons in one month.

This is a significant reduction in breakout time compared to the period immediately after the JCPOA was implemented. However, it’s important to note that Iran has not made the political decision to produce nuclear weapons, according to Western and Israeli intelligence.

The Historic Deal that Will Prevent Iran from Acquiring a Nuclear Weapon | The White House (archives.gov)

Iran nuclear deal: What it all means - BBC News

What to Know About Iran’s Nuclear Program: Breakout Time (fdd.org)

An Israeli attack on Iran’s nuclear weapons programme is unlikely – here’s why (theconversation.com)

The counter argument being that Iran's extremist regime can never be trusted. A regime that terrorises it's own citizens. 

Lifting sanctions gave the regime more funds to sponsor their proxy warfare in the region, and probably enabled them to continue the development of nukes in secret.

Also the JCPOA 'sunset' clauses meant that Iran would be free to develop nukes at a later date. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You can talk about them .

You are allowed to say Jewish if you want , its not a banned word .

But the reason why the USA supported Israel because it was an ally in an area where the USA had numerous enemies .

If the USA wanted a Middle Eastern Country bombed, they would just give Israel a call and ask them to do it 

How often did Israel already attack another ME country on request from the U.S?

Edited by candide

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

Nothing like provoking your enemy, and (deleted) off your few friends that you have left in the world.

They retaliated in a minor way and said as far as they were concerned, that was the end of it. So now you attack them a second time.

I know and understand that you will find a rational excuse for Israel. But there is no rational excuse at all.

Does this look like the action of a sane and rational leader, or that of a homicidal maniac?

Israel is the tip of our spear with most Arab countries now in our coalition. Iran is the new North Korea but with near-nuclear capabilities and an open desire to use them. this isn't about keeping the peace anymore, we're halfway into a chess match with Iran (and Russia) with nuclear consequences. personally, I think it's brilliant that Israel and Ukraine are holding the wall for us. the least we can do is provide them sharpening stones

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

Iran launched a barrage of drones and missiles against Israel.

Iran is very close, some say as close as six months, to putting together a working nuclear warhead for those drones and missiles.

I don't think provocation comes into it - once they have the nuclear warhead Iran will, almost inevitably, threaten to use it if not use it. The Iranian regime has declared what it claims is a sacred mission to destroy Israel. They are a theocracy, one cannot comfortably assume that they do not mean it.

Is it a provocation for Israel to demonstrate that they can reach into Iran if they want?

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

BUT you have the answer to every other topic on this forum... don't gas out on us now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

Israel is the tip of our spear with most Arab countries now in our coalition. Iran is the new North Korea but with near-nuclear capabilities and an open desire to use them. this isn't about keeping the peace anymore, we're halfway into a chess match with Iran (and Russia) with nuclear consequences. personally, I think it's brilliant that Israel and Ukraine are holding the wall for us. the least we can do is provide them sharpening stones

I posted the confused emoji.

Who is "our" and who is "we"?

Perhaps you mean the governments and not all of the people.

But please don't include me in the "our" and "we".

In fact why not just speak for yourself and add the rider "and anybody who agrees with me".

I agree with you about supporting the Ukraine, but I definitely disagree with you about supporting the murderous slaughter of innocent Palestinian men women and children by Israel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Iran launched a barrage of drones and missiles against Israel.

Iran is very close, some say as close as six months, to putting together a working nuclear warhead for those drones and missiles.

I don't think provocation comes into it - once they have the nuclear warhead Iran will, almost inevitably, threaten to use it if not use it. The Iranian regime has declared what it claims is a sacred mission to destroy Israel. They are a theocracy, one cannot comfortably assume that they do not mean it.

Is it a provocation for Israel to demonstrate that they can reach into Iran if they want?

IMHO IF Israel keeps provoking Iran there will be a day of reckoning when the mad mullahs simply will retaliate, and no matter how loud or how long Israel keeps denying it, they will have brought retaliation of the worst kind upon themselves, and on many other parts of the world.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

IMHO IF Israel keeps provoking Iran there will be a day of reckoning when the mad mullahs simply will retaliate, and no matter how loud or how long Israel keeps denying it, they will have brought retaliation of the worst kind upon themselves, and on many other parts of the world.

Iran has said it wants Israel wiped off the map. Israel has never said that about Iran. Iran funds terrorists to carry out its objectives. Should Israel just do nothing and be wiped out?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well Israel does have one of the largest lobbies in America, so that is certainly a deterrent to a refusal to go along with their horrendous policies. And as you say there are other factors at work, but the bottom line is that we should not be supporting the extremist policies in Israel. It is simply not wise, nor is it visionary. 

The close relationship between the US and Israel, due to this the lobby, often results in policies that prioritize Israeli interests over  regional stability or the rights of Palestinians. This can manifest in diplomatic support for Israeli actions, such as settlements in the occupied territories, military aid packages, and diplomatic cover in international forums.

One key aspect contributing to the lobby's influence is the significant, unproportionate percentage of Jews in various levels of the U.S. government, which can cause biases and conflicts of interest, particularly regarding U.S. foreign policy towards Israel and the Middle East.

Some here will say the Secretary of State being Jewish means nothing, or the Vice president being married to a Jew means nothing, or the President's children marrying Jews means nothing. Conflict of interest here. If Bidens grandkids were Muslim instead of Jewish, I bet he wouldn't be so supportive of the Gazan genocide. 

5 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

Nonsense, Iran has no desire to use nuclear weapons. 

They have them in defence as there are countries in the world that want their oil and have attacked their neighbours for theirs unjustly quite recently.  Americans. like you conveniently forget the unjust war and slaughter of 100's of thousands of innocent people in Iraq.