Thailand faces a decline in British tourists and expats: Causes and Consequences

webfact

48 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Wouldn't you care if they were engaging in illegal activity , like banging well underaged  girls ?

You'd need to specify the age of the girls involved ..........

Generally I'm not much concerned about illegal activities 'per se' as I'm not employed by the police, so it isn't my business.

You're the one obsessed with women, age and sex.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, transam said:

😂.......Our very own Australian "Marjorie Proops" advises, yet hasn't found a partner, I wonder why, perhaps his Dan obsession.......😂

Goat / Transman.

You two should get a room. :coffee1:

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

2023 -2024. Interestingly, the UK itself is the most popular (domestic tourism) Thailand does not get a mention😄

Top destinations for UK travellers

"Of the destinations considered, which are you most likely to visit?" (UK adults)

Table with 3 columns and 10 rows.
Rank Destination Score
1 UK
17%

2 Spain
15%

15%
3 Greece
8%

8%
4 Italy
8%

8%
5 France
7%

7%
6 Portugal
7%

7%
7 USA
6%

6%
8 Ireland
5%

5%
9 Germany
4%

4%
10 New York(USA)
3%
3%

Thanks for the interesting link.  I would have guessed at Spain and Portugal, and from UK friends also domestic UK.  If you add New York + USA the two together are 9% so just above Greece.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

😂.......Our very own Australian "Marjorie Proops" advises, yet hasn't found a partner, I wonder why, perhaps his Dan obsession.......😂

I thought you posted a picture of his partner yesterday!

2 hours ago, Goat said:

My guess is it is the majority, not the minority in these areas who have built the nice houses have married prostitutes.

And from the many I have come across over the years i have no doubt it is the majority.

Another of your over the top unfounded crass statements.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/21/2024 at 10:36 AM, Bobthegimp said:

Your child needs a better education if you're grateful that she's learning English from an ESL student. 

I do a very good job of it. However, it is part of the school curriculum and I am happy that part is undertaken by a very capable Philipina

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Goat said:

Yes I have a fairly healthy self esteem.

😆 Good on you. I would employ a thumbs up emoji but none are available.

Edited by drgoon
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/20/2024 at 8:43 AM, spidermike007 said:

Thailand has been facing a decline in Western tourists for a decade now. There are a dozen good reasons why Westerners don't visit Thailand as much as they used to. I was recently in Phuket and I would estimate the population of foreigners was 40% Russian, 20% Arab, 20% Malaysian and Chinese, 15% Indian, and about 2% Westerners and a sprinkling of some others. It was a low end crowd. 

The sad truth is that Thailand is not doing anything to improve itself they are making absolutely no effort to tackle air quality environmental issues traffic congestion or any other problems plaguing the nation. It seems to be a combination of sloth lack of vision and extreme arrogance. 

Thailand is a first world country with a third world mentality

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

The USA overthrew the government of Ukraine and there's been nothing but mayham since, The USA have been doing this world wide using the CIA, and people have now had a guts full, protests world wide now and most media under severe control. 

This is the main narrative of Russian propaganda, which blames the United States for what happened in Ukraine in 2014. Because they cannot accept that Ukrainians (the majority) voted for the Western path of development and rapprochement with the European Union, and not the “Russian world” with the “Eurasian Union” (which is the brainchild of Putin). President Yanukovych won the elections in Ukraine precisely because he declared rapprochement with the West. But after receiving several billion dollars from Putin (which were eventually appropriated by them), he completely changed his rhetoric and abandoned the European path, announcing his imminent accession to the Eurasian Union. People in Ukraine were outraged by this treacherous betrayal and came out to protest. First of all, young people. And after the special services began to shoot protesters, an armed confrontation began and Yanukovych was evacuated to Russia. Russian propaganda continues to call the Ukrainian authorities a “junta,” but the fact is that it was the legally elected parliament that removed Yanukovych from power, and after that there were already 2 democratic presidential campaigns in the country.
And regarding this topic, over 10 years of regular trips to Thailand for 2-4 months, I can notice that not only the number of British, but also Europeans in general has decreased. Especially in Pattaya, where Little India is now in the city center, and on Walking Street there are more and more Indian clubs (although both establishments are somehow empty - after all, Indian tourists don’t seem to like sitting in bars or meeting Thai girls ( alone).

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dave1954 said:

Thailand is a first world country with a third world mentality

I know they like to say that they are first world, but I don't buy that. Certain sections of Bangkok are certainly comparable to first world, but once you get outside of three or four main cities, it's very third world on a lot of levels. 

Just look at the rail transport, the lack of cargo transport, the choked highways, the lack of law enforcement, traffic safety, there are so many factors. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Just look at the rail transport, the lack of cargo transport, the choked highways, the lack of law enforcement, traffic safety, there are so many factors. 

All in the three or four main cities. Outside them is is generally OK.

21 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Later, I found it to be far more honest and simpler to do PFP. Most women here who charge for their services, are infinitely more honest and straight forward

That is interesting from somebody who endlessly writes on this forum how and why Thailand is NOT attracting High Quality tourists.

You are that caught up in it and their "honesty" that you can not see the bigger picture how that sex tourists are the least desirable of all and the general population see it as a shame and completely ugly.

You complain about Russian families and others while you are getting around with "P4P" 

The irony.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I know they like to say that they are first world, but I don't buy that. Certain sections of Bangkok are certainly comparable to first world, but once you get outside of three or four main cities, it's very third world on a lot of levels. 

Yes, a lot of the girls in the poorer regions get sold for sex to tourists and sexpats.

I dont think they claim to be first world. They are and claim to be a "developing country"

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would use 'delusional' rather than 'healthy'.

I would say someone who lives with a prostitute as if she is a wife is probably more deluded than anyone else on the planet.

17 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well just for the sake of playing devil's advocate, what do you think the average man really knows about his wife when he marries her in the West? Without actually hiring a private detective, how does he have any idea where she's been, who she's been with, how many lovers she's had, or whether or not she's ever been freelancing? No man really knows any of that stuff. They assume that their woman is pure as the driven snow and they desperately want to believe her when she says she's only had three lovers prior to him. I know that I've been out with women who have been with hundreds and hundreds of men, so is that that much different from a semi-pro here who's been with a couple of hundred men?

A lot of guys get hung up on the whole purity aspect of this whole thing, but there are an awful lot of women in the West that would qualify as being working gals, under a rather liberal definition. Are multiple dinners, cash gifts, and prizes really any different than an agreed to price?

Which one is more honest? 

Teeing delusional goat up for ANOTHER post about his studliness & how despite him being over 50 he makes all the working & esp the non working girls squirt just from being near him....

goat (lol) you probably need to ease up on watching those andrew tate videos - he's a bad role model for you

Edited by BigBruv
  • Haha 1