Thailand faces a decline in British tourists and expats: Causes and Consequences

webfact

37 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did I write that anywhere? No!

Someone above wrote the pollution doesn't get better. I pointed out that at least in Bangkok it is not as bad as it used to be.

Can it be improved? Yes. Should it be improved? Yes.

Can we acknowledge that there is already less pollution than in the past? Yes. 

Flooding is another issue. Yes, there still is flooding. But a lot less than decades ago. 

I agree. When I first came through Thailand 92-3 the pollution was dire. I've a rock solid immune system but found myself with sore throat, minor infections and respiratory issues in the worst of it.

I really only use MRT BTS but traffic much better...it moves.

Edited by BusNo8
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Blackpool

I went 'on holiday' to Blackpool early last year, but it didn't seem to be full of British tourists.  All I saw were Turkish barber shops.....

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well the natural gas vehicles were put into the fleet quite some time ago and obviously the BTS and the MRT are making a contribution to cleaner air. Beyond that, please list the accomplishments of either the current administration or the Prayuth Administration when it comes to cleaning up the air, and the environment

I'm anxious to hear them. 

I don't know who did what. Maybe it was the Bangkok governor. Or maybe it was police enforcement of existing laws. There are multiple reasons why things might happen, and I think often it is not obvious why.

Years ago, there were a lot more vehicles with black smoke, especially busses and big trucks. Over the years, the situation got better and better? Why? I don't know. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Crusoe. It's Robinson Crusoe.

Caruso was an Italian operatic tenor.

Alex Caruso is guard for the Chicago Bulls.

David Caruso was a rubbish American actor.

When I post along these lines I am called a grammar nazi, even for a simple spelling error.

I posted advising him of possible spellchecker error.

And here mine corrected the word nazi to national so perhaps I called it right, who knows, got to happen occasionally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dcheech said:

Perhaps the Brits are also tired of two months of 'Farang, he evil & crazy', a Thai media special feature. 

Yes but there are pretty valid reasons for farangs featuring more prominently in the Thai media. 
So many behave like absolute scum.
Beating up women, sexually assaulting their pupils, dealing drugs, assaulting policemen and even sexually assaulting a HORSE . . . . .  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, simon43 said:
39 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Blackpool

I went 'on holiday' to Blackpool early last year, but it didn't seem to be full of British tourists.  All I saw were Turkish barber shops.....

You obviously went too early.

• Haha 1