Non-O Marriage Extension - old passport requested

I've renewed my passport since my last 1 year extension, and had all my stamps transferred by immigration. Today I went to Songkhla Immigration (Hat Yai) to renew my extension, as I was assembling my documents this morning I thought, will they want the old passport? I put it in just in case, lucky I did as they requested it, and copied all the pages from the last entry on my original visa.

Is this normal and will it be a continued requirement going forward? 

9 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Is this normal and will it be a continued requirement going forward

If this is your first 1 year extension stamp in the new passport then yes, it's normal. You shouldn't need to show it for the following years  stamps. However......

• Thanks 2

Quite normal, I renewed my passport too and had exactly the same scenario. Change the passport they want the old one on the renewal of the visa, but only the once.

Off topic however bit of a heads up.

I also renewed pp not long ago and went to CW to transfer Stamps and visa info.

Immigration sprung on me a requirement to provide photocopies of bank book and make a transaction. (Funds in bank method) 

This previously was never required.

Not happy. 

OP, what occurred for you is normal.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Stocky said:

I've renewed my passport since my last 1 year extension, and had all my stamps transferred by immigration. Today I went to Songkhla Immigration (Hat Yai) to renew my extension, as I was assembling my documents this morning I thought, will they want the old passport? I put it in just in case, lucky I did as they requested it, and copied all the pages from the last entry on my original visa.

I had to give them my old passport last year too because it contains my last entry into Thailand in 2020, which ties in with the white arrival card stapled into the new one.

13 hours ago, Stocky said:

Immigration in Thailand is not like 7/11 stores which are consistant with their service. Every Immigration office has their own spin on policies and proceedures. Your question is like asking," How long is a piece of string".

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

When the stamps were transferred to my new passport I enquired as to whether I would need to bring my old passport when doing my next extension. Was told not necessary.

Just did my 1st extension using my new passport 2 weeks ago, and had my old passport with me just in case. No request for my old passport was made.

So must be another one of those ridiculous things that different Imm offices/officers decide.