Foreigner Assaults Phuket Tuk Tuk Driver Over Fare Disagreement

webfact

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where was it shown that the driver accepted B100 as the fare? It looked as though he was wanting the full agreed amount to be paid. 

Exactly mate.

He was ripped off, then assaulted for asking to be paid the full amount.

Plain as day.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Goat said:

Rob.

I might point out that this thread is by far the most popular of the day. And this wasnt started by me.

It doesn't have to be, as long as "Brit" is in it.............:crying:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Is it possible that the Briton

- made a mistake, and actually gave 100B thinking it was 1,000B?

"...the Brit was drunk and possibly new to Thailand..."

Where was that reported?

Thanks for misquoting me, for whatever reason you chose.

Mine was a QUESTION saying 'IS IT possible that that the driver saw that the Brit was drunk and possibly new to Thailand, and scammed him?'

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 2long said:

Is it possible that the driver

- made a mistake, and actually took 1,000B thinking it was 100B?

- saw that the Brit was drunk and possibly new to Thailand, and scammed him?

That's what I was thinking, but figured I might get flamed. We have no evidence that 1000 baht wasn't actually given. The tourist seemed to believe he was cheated. Who knows? The hitting was idiotic. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Goat said:

Exactly mate.

He was ripped off, then assaulted for asking to be paid the full amount.

Plain as day.

Oh yeah, mate.  Plain as day!

"According to the shared video clip, visible on Hod Chang Changwat Phuket and Oiltuktukpatong Saranate Facebook pages, the fare disagreement occurred when the unidentified tourist paid only 100 baht insisting he had given 500 or 1000 baht and demanded the rest as change."

Plain as day...  🙄

• Thumbs Up 2

Sounds like a Mank  wiv limited control of the English language . 

And no doubt about to get more than just a little slap back !

bring it on ..... 

• Confused 1

Brilliant 👏👏👏 A-hole, violence prone, publically beer swizzling tourist gets his comeuppance (no one here needs or wants them - disrespectful and cheap AF). Que all the lame-brain defends in 3...2...1... 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, jwl53 said:

How do you know he is in the wrong? You a close friend of his and he admitted it to you? Or is it a case of guilty by association? You must be the victim, the judge, and the jury all rolled into one, have you not heard of innocent untill proven guilty

He just likes trashing Brits, his hobby for some strange reason......🤔

• Like 1

8 hours ago, save the frogs said:
100 Thai Baht equals 2.15 Pound sterling. That's barely enough for a pack of gum in the UK?
Yeah, that's worth getting into an altercation and risking the other guy having a weapon on him or having friends nearby gang up on you.
And the violent altercation being filmed.
Some people lack survival skills.
But then again, he was drunk.
Which is one reason I don't drink much. Act stupid in public and get yourself killed.

I am interested in a dash cam that can swivel around and record the passengers acts it must be one of those new AI intelligent cams

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jwl53 said:

How do you know he is in the wrong? You a close friend of his and he admitted it to you? Or is it a case of guilty by association? You must be the victim, the judge, and the jury all rolled into one, have you not heard of innocent untill proven guilty

Slapping him in Public? Come on, how stupid can you be? Today very hard to get away with stupid things, cameras and cell phones everywhere even broadcasting live these days! 

Seen it before on this forum, defending someone kicking, slapping, hitting people, and you guys defending him even you do not know what happened. 

Talking about class

43 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Actually, I've read several times over the years Thais doing exactly that, when their illegal activity has been topped by the illegal activity of another party. It happens when they are so accustomed to being crooks, they don't even recognise that what they are doing themselves is illegal. I'd suggest that many taxi/tuk tuk drivers in Phuket might fall into that category.

The knucklehead tourist has now been detained by police... guilty as sin (and should be deported). He knows it (which is why he refused to show voluntary), everyone knows it. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

He just likes trashing Brits, his hobby for some strange reason......🤔

Trashing people with bad behaviors, bad manners and double morality! 

Doesnt need to be a brit, but here we got served one on a silver plate

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I thought the unemployment benefits paid well in England.  

They must be paying less these days based on his  reaction over 100 THB 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, cnx101 said:

Obviously you haven’t been in Thailand 5 minutes 

The guy is guilty of being an a-hole with violent tendencies. Now detained by police. Indefensible. Sorry, thanks for playing.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

The knucklehead tourist has now been detained by police... guilty as sin (and should be deported). He knows it (which is why he refused to show voluntary), everyone knows it. 

a 50k THB fine, deportation & a life long ban would be sutible in this case. 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Goat said:

I dont know why you Brits think it is acceptable to go around slapping the Thais?

LAst week we had the English slapper who assaulted the security guard.

And probably the most famous incident of a Brit slapping a Thai was this one....

At the 51 second mark you can see the slap. It wasnt a good idea. Followed up by a punch by her husband at the 1.14 mark.

A warning to others.

The four Thais were charged with assault and were given 4yrs in jail which was halved as they pleaded guilty, this incident was outside the Romantic Bar, Soi Bintabaht, Hua Hin.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Trashing people with bad behaviors, bad manners and double morality! 

Doesn't need to be a Brit, but here we got served one on a silver plate.

The problem is, it's an Australian's daily hobby, go read his profile/posts, you will be amazed.....😁 

Some Inflammatory /troll posts and replies have been removed.

10. You will not post troll messages. Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing forum members by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other members into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

3 hours ago, Goat said:

He is obviously a Brit. And obviously in the wrong. Short changed the taxi driver and then physically assaulted him.

So why is it on this forum we can not use the headline "Brit assaults taxi driver"

Swiss Dave wasnt called Foreigner Dave. Russians, Chinese, Indians are always identified form the country they come from.

Why is it that the country that causes the most problems here are protected?

I am a foreigner, and I despise being tarred with the same brush as these idiots.

It is unusual to see any farang described just as a foreigner.

On the other hand you appear to have more issues than just being predictable, repetitive and boring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

Brilliant 👏👏👏 A-hole, violence prone, publically beer swizzling tourist gets his comeuppance (no one here needs or wants them - disrespectful and cheap AF). Que all the lame-brain defends in 3...2...1... 

Or the victim of a crime being further victimised, with racists celebrating it.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Never been to a country with so high density of expats/tourists who are misfits, addicts, mental challenged, psychopaths, conspirators, criminals than in Thailand, who claim they constantly experiencing trouble living there, and not for one sec understand they are the problem

I concur,there's an abundance of peculiar, jaded characters visiting & living here. luckily, the majority flock to places like Pattaya and Phuket. 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 1