Foreigner Assaults Phuket Tuk Tuk Driver Over Fare Disagreement

webfact

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Perhaps2more said:

There was a camera in the tuk tuk which you could see what was happening. If the driver were scamming, he would not dare go to the police.

Point taken - you don't need to make it 3 times! 🙂 Or maybe your "Nom de Plume requires it?

There was a camera, but maybe it did not capture the transaction - the foreigner kept saying "Show me the note I paid you with", but the tuk tuk driver declined, and at no time do we see any money.

Anyway, the guy's been charged now so we will probably never hear the truth. 

Edited by sambum

6 hours ago, sambum said:

Point taken - you don't need to make it 3 times! 🙂 Or maybe your "Nom de Plume requires it?

There was a camera, but maybe it did not capture the transaction - the foreigner kept saying "Show me the note I paid you with", but the tuk tuk driver declined, and at no time do we see any money.

Anyway, the guy's been charged now so we will probably never hear the truth. 

Sorry about the repeats. Clicked "submit reply", but it didn't move and said to retry again in 10 seconds, so I kept trying. Later I tried to delete them but no delete allowed.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/1/2024 at 3:38 PM, sambum said:

The amount is irrelevant - if the fare was 400 baht and 1000 baht was given over, the customer is entitled to his change! It's a scam!

And the fact that the baht bus/tuk tuk driver "makes a pittance" and his passenger "can afford to fly to Thailand 3 times a year" is also irrelevant. It's a scam!

The passenger appears to be asking the tuk tuk driver to show him the note that he paid him with, and the driver didn't, so yes, it's still a scam!

(In the video - after the tourist departed the scene, it appars to me that the driver appears to be "smirking" Anybody else see it that way?)

Sounds typical to me, brown envelope will solve this issue, which is worse, this case or the necklace theft. When will idiot's learn not to wear gold in LOS 

On 5/1/2024 at 8:19 AM, Cabradelmar said:

Brilliant 👏👏👏 A-hole, violence prone, publically beer swizzling tourist gets his comeuppance (no one here needs or wants them - disrespectful and cheap AF). Que all the lame-brain defends in 3...2...1... 

Yes like the 10 lady  boys chasing a single tourist on Soi Bangla and attacking him.

4 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Yes like the 10 lady  boys chasing a single tourist on Soi Bangla and attacking him.

Stay on topic. Can't solve all Thailand's issues with only one arrest.

37 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

Stay on topic. Can't solve all Thailand's issues with only one arrest.

No its not off topic Cabradelmar an assaults an assault. Most of the brit bashing on this thread is about a brit assaulting a local and bragging he is now in custody for assault. Today 10 locals assaulted a tourist in Phuket  arrested and will they be locked up?

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

No its not off topic Cabradelmar an assaults an assault. Most of the brit bashing on this thread is about a brit assaulting a local and bragging he is now in custody for assault. Today 10 locals assaulted a tourist in Phuket  arrested and will they be locked up?

Whataboutism will give you a headache in Thailand. Relax. Does one dumb Brit equal 10 rabid LBs... who knows, and IDK. Phuket is a chit hole anyway. Just be glad whenever Thai police arrest anyone who deserves it.

13 hours ago, Perhaps2more said:

Sorry about the repeats. Clicked "submit reply", but it didn't move and said to retry again in 10 seconds, so I kept trying. Later I tried to delete them but no delete allowed.

No plomplem - I just thought it was quite appropriate to "Perhaps (post)2more"!

12 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Sounds typical to me, brown envelope will solve this issue, which is worse, this case or the necklace theft. When will idiot's learn not to wear gold in LOS 

Yup - you can't teach stupid!

• Agree 1

On 5/1/2024 at 4:30 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Drinking a beer with a British accent. 

I don't know what all the fuss was about, Seems really weird that he gets violent over a few hundred baht.

I thought the unemployment benefits paid well in England.  

The cops organised tea and scones and Abdulloh declined, it's just not British old chap. 

But no jam and no cream.

On 5/1/2024 at 3:26 PM, Confuscious said:

I remember from my visa trips to Cambodia, long ago, that they required a brand new/unscratched 50 USD (or was it a 100 USD) note for their Visa stamp.
Went 1 time with the 50/100 USD note in my wallet and it got refused because in was bended at one corner.
Go figure.

I got the impression that it wasn't because notes were marked or damaged, they either didn't have change for 100 bucks, or they just didn't want to get rid of so many smaller notes.

• 2 weeks later...