British Tourist Warned Over Criticism of Thailand Online

webfact

2 minutes ago, sambum said:

Hope the weather suits you!

Seems you are one of the 'go home' crowd as well. Your made a different impression at first, but well, well, boomers are just like that.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

Seems you are one of the 'go home' crowd as well. Your made a different impression at first, but well, well, boomers are just like that.

"Seems you are one of the 'go home' crowd as well."

No, no, no!

When you called me a bum and said you were well ahead of me I presumed you were already on the plane! 🙂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sambum said:

"Seems you are one of the 'go home' crowd as well."

No, no, no!

When you called me a bum and said you were well ahead of me I presumed you were already on the plane! 🙂

Stop the gatekeeping, it's not your country, buddy.

• Confused 2

Just now, AreYouGerman said:

Stop the gatekeeping, it's not your country, buddy.

Nor yours, I also suspect you are not really German! 🤣

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

He's not very emotionally stable but I appreciate his enthusiasm for his project. It seems within days of arriving in Pai he picked fights with the community, called everyone libtards and they eventually took him down. Having a competing business is a way to get in trouble too. It was all very entertaining.

Bottom line is Pai is a retarded place to live. The expats totally dominate the culture and even the Thai people there are questionable. They've ruined a lovely valley sadly.

He just went about things the wrong way in my opinion.

Started with the bragging of stealing 30K from a UK bank which got peoples backs up.

Yes the banks are all thieves anyway but some things you just keep quiet about especially when you are trying to start a new life for yourself and documenting it all on YouTube.....

Not sure why he is still doing videos, he is just digging himself a bigger hole!

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, marin said:

He has an apology video up now. 

Where??? - sorry see it - can we see the other b=videos?

I know THailand has blocked over 160,000 websites - but outside the country?

Edited by kwilco

10 hours ago, Goat said:

It might be time for all the whining whinging Brits to go back home. 

I am glad the police have warned him to pull his head in.

Showing up here uninvited and he wants to make money on youtube complaining about his hosts,

Thais hate whiners and it is a sign of a weak personality to them. And a big part of the reason I like living here so much.

The worst part about living here is all these Brits who constantly complain about everyone and everything.

Many simply do not have the ability to say anything positive about anyone. They dont fit in here.

He has been warned and looks like he might have accepted that he was in the wrong and the Thais are not interested in his krap.

But i dout it will have a long term effect on him. 

Leapards dont change their spots.

Thais don't hate whiners. They often whine a lot themselves.

Thais can't accept even the slightest criticism. I see it all the time on social media, particularly where Cambodia or Cambodians are concerned.

Thais endlessly praise their country, claiming they have the best roads anywhere and that Cambodian roads are basically dirt tracks. 

When Cambodians make a minor joke, 10 unemployed Thais spend all day on social media attacking Cambodians by posting memes and calling them slaves and all manner of insults.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

If I were him, I'd be so deeply offended just by being told to stop criticizing the country and not being allowed to speak my mind, I'd immediately leave the country before things get out of hand. I would instantly know, this isn't the place for me.

He just needs to leave Pai. He's totally angered them and made lots of enemies. Impressive work for being in Thailand less than 1 year.

For people asking what he said it's not about that. He made enemies and they dug up dirt on him. The police are probably corrupt too and doing favors for their friends.

33 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

He's right about laughing about masked zombies. It's time to move on. That being said, you don't go around filming said zombies and publicly humiliating them like that. There's a better way of getting your point across.

Exactly!

I think Tom got and still is a bit too big for his boots somewhat.

He should just keep his head down for a bit and enjoy life in Thailand etc.

You don't ruffle feathers in any way, shape or form when you are a guest in a foreign country, not straightaway anyway lol.

He has spent a lot of money on that Teak house but unfortunately I can see him not seeing it finished.......

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, LadyJ1 said:

He just went about things the wrong way in my opinion.

Started with the bragging of stealing 30K from a UK bank which got peoples backs up.

Yes the banks are all thieves anyway but some things you just keep quiet about especially when you are trying to start a new life for yourself and documenting it all on YouTube.....

Not sure why he is still doing videos, he is just digging himself a bigger hole!

Yeah watching that video he made I can see he has no idea about how to act in a "tactful" manner.

While we can all agree that Thais blindly obey authority, the way he said that 98% of them got vaccinated (the actual percentage was closer to 85%) was a bit rude.

I am constantly praising those Thais that do speak up and are able to think for themselves. They may be a minority but they do exist. 

The conscientious objector to military service recently in the media has my upmost respect. I salute his courage and conviction in the face of a law that violates human rights and needs to be abolished.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Pai used to be a miniature fiefdom - is it still that way?

how so? It's a tourist ghetto for a particular type of person. My brother had a business there for nearly 10 years and says the police are corrupt and do favors for cash. Politicians are corrupt too and do favors also. Stupid place to live imo.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

I was watching his videos over the last few months. There's lots of questionable stuff on there but he was never ranting against Thailand. I would say his criticism of Thailand is 1% of the usual banter found on this forum. The only questionable things were related to his homosexuality and one outburst with a nurse at a local hospital. 

I think he came charging into Pai full speed, pissed off the wrong people in power and paid for it.

So he's gay? Weird...

Can you explain the falling out he had with a nurse?

3 minutes ago, LadyJ1 said:

He has spent a lot of money on that Teak house but unfortunately I can see him not seeing it finished.......

I started watching him because I wanted to see if that business is going to work. He's paying like 150k/month for the mortgage but i don't see how you can make that up selling weed. He didn't even know about the low season and how dead it gets.  To spend 5 mil on a house in a country you haven't lived in one year is crazy. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Highlandman said:

So he's gay? Weird...

Can you explain the falling out he had with a nurse?

He had some very vulgar stuff about gay sex mixed in to his videos. He crashed his bike and the nurses had to clean the wounds weekly so he called the nurse a <deleted> once for hurting him. Very pathetic way to behave but he did apologize eventually. This guy has emotional problems for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I started watching him because I wanted to see if that business is going to work. He's paying like 150k/month for the mortgage but i don't see how you can make that up selling weed. He didn't even know about the low season and how dead it gets.  To spend 5 mil on a house in a country you haven't lived in one year is crazy. 

I think he got caught up in the romance of it all tbh and didnt think things through properly.

Trouble is now there are many in Pai who will not rest until he has gone.

Unfortunately he didn't just make one mistake, there were quite a few......

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, RobU said:

I believe the 90 day report was introduced as an anti terrorism thing so they could monitor the whereabouts of all foreign nationals. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe other countries have a similar system. But from what you have said there was a 90 day system in place. You drove to the border every 90 days, isn't that effectively a 90 day reporting system? When I make my report I am often in and out within 15 minutes its actually easier and cheaper than driving to the border. 

Other countries don't have a 90 day reporting system. Neighboring countries such as Cambodia make it very easy to stay long term with no requirement to ever show up in person to immigration.

Posted (edited)

I have no idea about him although Thailand reputation can not be damaged from a foreigners post or videos.

But if Police Authorites announced that he violeted Thai law I have no reason to believe his videos commets because every foreigner ought to obey Thai rules  and the fact that he is foreigner in one step forward to be more sensible about of his social behaviour and stance.

Deport to.....Rwanda.............!!!

Source:Britain sends first voluntary asylum seeker to Rwanda, report says

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2024/05/01/world/politics/uk-voluntary-asylum-seeker-rwanda/

This is Thai internal affairs and you are in foreign teritorry criticized Thai internal social affairs insulting institutions and implemented policy and congratulation one more time to Thai Authorities for their immediate reaction to supervise any commets in media and I am not Thai but from Greece/Athens.

Edited by Paris333
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

No idea what was in his disrespectful videos but it seems to me that Thai police should rolling up their sleeves and going out to catch dangerous criminals, rather wasting taxpayer money on this sort of nonsense which is also interfering with freedom of expression and making Thailand look stupid.

someone else posted this but it got buried I guess. Here's the reel one of his enemies made. Nothing worse than what's said on this forum everyday but it's really about that. He also gushed about how much he loved Thailand constantly and that was the mass majority of his opinion on Thailand. Also not shown is his ranting against the UK. He's clearly on team Thailand and always has been.

9 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

He also routinely called the existing Pai expat population libtards. He went on a crusade of sorts against them. That's why I was watching his channel and being entertained. I lived in Pai for 1 year in 2005 and it's 100x worse now than it was then. 

He's right about that My Pai family Facebook group. The worst expat Facebook group I've ever encountered in Thailand. I was blocked from posting for a month for once making a mildly politically incorrect comment (nothing to do with Thais). 

Come to think of it I might be blocked now; haven't seen anything from that group in my feed in over 6 months, not that I care as I don't use the group anymore.

• Love It 1

22 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

how so? It's a tourist ghetto for a particular type of person. My brother had a business there for nearly 10 years and says the police are corrupt and do favors for cash. Politicians are corrupt too and do favors also. Stupid place to live imo.

You obviously don't know the history of Pai and tourism - I"m obviously not going into detail here. You should do a little digging.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, smew said:

hypocrisy: it was thank you Mr. !!!! when B Gates criticized Thailand about their multiple electrical wiring showing    

image.png

image.png

I wouldn't place that in the same category. Bill made an observation, it wasn't a criticism per se. 

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You're right, I'd leave tomorrow if it weren't for my Thai wife and kids.

The problem for many of us, before we learn the reality of Thailand, we've accumulated a Thai family.

Didn't this happen back in England and wasn't that even worse.  Some just seem to always mate lousy women.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

How do you get a mortgage on a tourist visa?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Interesting. Yeah, I've only been there once and would never consider living there. If I were to reside in Mae Hong Son, it would be somewhere like Mae Sariang (my favorite town in the province), Ban Rak Thai (my second favorite) or Mae Hong Son town (quite a decent place in its own right).

Pai is like the Phangan of the north. Full of druggies, new age hippies and weirdos who believe they can change the world.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And then there is that land of the free, where politicians from the left and the right want to censor what all those bad people, the others, say... 

The call it cancel culture. 

Right now shooting rubber bullits at demostrants btw as we speak

• Like 2