British Tourist Warned Over Criticism of Thailand Online

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

While Thomas is currently in Thailand on a tourist visa, it is unclear if his claims about his Thai mother are factual.

Those newscasters watched a propaganda video with out of context clips made by one of the many enemies he made in Pai. What they don't know is there was a Thai woman helping him build the house which he called "mama June". Shocking for a country that calls everyone mom, dad, uncle regardless of actual family relations. What they also didn't didn't see was his endless gushing over Thailand and how great it is, how grateful he is etc...

Lesson is before you make enemies in Thailand make sure you're squeaky clean on social media. For many of us here if we made enemies and they found what we said on this forum then reported it to the media we would be deported too. I can think of some members in particular that are ruthless critics of the Thai government, 100x more than Tom and with a years of records as proof.

On 5/2/2024 at 2:24 AM, Xonax said:

Or maybe they should just leave Thailand, if they don't like it here?

Why leave? And let the racist scamming Thais win? Someone needs to help and instruct other people and also tell these racist scammers it's not okay.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, theblether said:

Thailand is overrun by bitter and twisted Western rejects spouting inane garbage. Your reply is a prime example. 

I refuse to believe UK is as bad as expats make it sound. I've never been before but I'm certain of this. Sure if you're broke and retired maybe it sucks but if you're secure and have a good home in a good area it looks pretty nice to me. Chiang Mai looks like an industrial hellscape right now. That's better than Glasgow?

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Weather right or wrong he should shut his yapper as he signed the contract with Thailand where it explicitly states he will behave in exchange for a long term visa.

Edited by Celsius
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, jonclark said:

Well he isn't wrong is he???

The newscasters agree people already know this but they don't say it! That's why Thailand gets the corrupt police they have. It's their "culture" to ignore  corruption and keep their heads down. Serves them right. Ironically the reason he's in trouble is probably because one of his enemies knew the head police in Pai and leveraged that. No way they would make a national story out of it otherwise.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Highlandman said:

I wouldn't place that in the same category. Bill made an observation, it wasn't a criticism per se. 

ohhhh .. yes it was a very strong criticisim....come from him...

20 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I refuse to believe UK is as bad as expats make it sound. I've never been before but I'm certain of this. Sure if you're broke and retired maybe it sucks but if you're secure and have a good home in a good area it looks pretty nice to me. Chiang Mai looks like an industrial hellscape right now. That's better than Glasgow?

Your comment is accurate in every way. My first stint as an expat was in 1970. Throughout my multiple expat stints I've encountered this type. They justify their decision to move by demonising their homeland. 

As for CM. It will be a cold day in he'll when I subject myself voluntarily to another smoky season. I love the place, my village life is exceptional, but like many CM based people - March arrives, we leave. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, theblether said:

Your comment is accurate in every way. My first stint as an expat was in 1970. Throughout my multiple expat stints I've encountered this type. They justify their decision to move by demonising their homeland. 

People aren't being honest with themselves. Just admit it if you had infinite money you would have a nice house back home and you would be spending less time in Thailand complaining about things on internet forums. Maybe you wouldn't even be in Thailand at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theblether said:

Your rebuttal is worthless. I have an excellent life in Thailand, and a superb life in Glasgow. That's because I'm not a social incompetent and I value my Scottish family life. 

It was so bad in Glasgow we used to roll up to the BBC club after work every evening and get blind drunk. My boss (lovely lady) was found face down dead at her desk one morning, drowned in a pool of her own vomit.

Not sure about socially incompetent, I knew when it was my round, and that was about it socially.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

So, you're saying Article 19 is useless

We can say like this. UN articles are just articles, otherwise they would be filed under laws. Here we are talking recommendations. A country can choose to follow UN´s recommendations or disregard them. They also have to break or violate a lot of articles in very severe ways to be ousted from UN. So, in this case useless. YES!

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It was so bad in Glasgow we used to roll up to the BBC club after work every evening and get blind drunk. My boss (lovely lady) was found face down dead at her desk one morning, drowned in a pool of her own vomit.

Just a picture I found on Google. It's that bad??

image.png.ae6a7dad183db06cb7adddc4d8c64463.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LadyJ1 said:

I'm from the UK (England) I'm not broke nor quite retirement age yet but the UK is finished in my opinion.

Cost of living, out of control immigration, NHS on its knees, crime is tenfold, the awful weather, circus politics. very woke society and much more........

It'll be back. The conditions are ripe for a revolution. It could be very interesting in the coming years.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

So, you're saying Article 19 is useless

No, I'm saying if you come to a foreign country, or even in your home country, you are subject to the local laws. Some of those laws may not be totally congruent with UN articles. Challenging and trying to straighten all that out is a problem you shouldn't want to have. So what I'm saying is the best course of action is to obey the local laws - or leave the country if they are too unacceptable to you.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Just a picture I found on Google. It's that bad??

image.png.ae6a7dad183db06cb7adddc4d8c64463.png

Probably the worst thing is the weather, it rains every day in Glasgow, and it rains most days everywhere else. Freezing cold rain that blows in from the side.

So you're trapped at home or at work nearly all the time.

Never really experienced 'hard financial times' as I was always paid more than I could spend.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

It'll be back. The conditions are ripe for a revolution. It could be very interesting in the coming years.

It needs a revolution for sure, whether it will actually happen though remains to be seen........

Many are fed up but more are just sheep.

The country and its ways are being diluted.

Many no go areas now in some towns and cities for people like me.

Some of the infrastructure in the country is still beautiful its the people unfortunately.........😬

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Not sure about socially incompetent, I knew when it was my round, and that was about it socially.

And now you have reduced your "lovely lady boss" to a prop in a pitiful Internet exchange. 

Well done, classy post of the day. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, theblether said:

And now you have reduced your "lovely lady boss" to a prop in a pitiful Internet exchange. 

Well done, classy post of the day. 

The Scots are a nation of alcoholics as you well know. Not that I blame them, nothing else to do in that awful place.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Watch what you say, write, remark and comment on Thailand; Even (or especially!) on ThaiVisa. Big Brother IS watching and reading over your shoulder when you type...

Just to be sure: NO DISRESPECT INTENDED!!!

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The Scots are a nation of alcoholics as you well know. Not that I blame them, nothing else to do in that awful place.

I can't be bothered. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

People aren't being honest with themselves. Just admit it if you had infinite money you would have a nice house back home and you would be spending less time in Thailand complaining about things on internet forums. Maybe you wouldn't even be in Thailand at all.

I would go back to the US if I could live in Hawaii, with a lot of money, and private helicopter to avoid the crowded roads. Otherwise, I would opt for Central or South America before the mainland US. And I most definitely prefer Thailand over all but the Hawaii option. I really don't want to face surly American doctors, lawyers, or other "professionals." Of course, I haven't been back in 13 years, so it's probably changed. But I'll bet it's for the worse.

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

I would go back to the US if I could live in Hawaii, with a lot of money, and private helicopter to avoid the crowded roads. Otherwise, I would opt for Central or South America before the mainland US. And I most definitely prefer Thailand over all but the Hawaii option. I really don't want to face surly American doctors, lawyers, or other "professionals." Of course, I haven't been back in 13 years, so it's probably changed. But I'll bet it's for the worse.

Colorado in the summer is heaps better than Chiang Mai. Great weather and everyone is out kicking ass keeping fit and healthy. You can even go sit under a tree at a park and not be all sweaty. Amazing! That's why I go back 2 months a year but I would ideally stay March-September if I could.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1