Florida's Abortion Ban Takes Effect Sends Ripples Across the South

On 5/2/2024 at 2:42 PM, KhunLA said:

Just think if they invested just a little thought into contraceptives before have sex ... thoughts about killing the baby could be avoided completely.

So if a guy has sex with a girl and does not wear a condom and gets a girl pregnant why don't we chop his nuts off and thoughts about him getting gals pregnant coud be avoided.

How many of us have not heard guys bragging about banging gals with no condoms?  

I would venture to say that the average girl knows a hell of a lot more about what is going on inside her body than some horny old man who would screw anything with two legs and a heartbeat.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tug said:

I’m a guy but I have been told by women some don’t like the pill because it messes with their body’s causes acne and other imbalances try asking one,bottom line it’s not our place to question but to support and comfort it must be a hell of a dilemma fraught with untold emotions compounded by this conservative court …….

I'm finding that hard to believe.  As when my daughter had an acne problem, that the skin clinics couldn't or wouldn't clear up, actually getting worse, in a year.   I put her on birth control, a couple skin ointments, and an antibody for about 6 weeks, and cleared it all up.

The birth control did the complete opposite of what you are implying, and balanced her hormones.  Probably the largest factor causing the acne.

Do agree, some woman can't take the pill, or possible didn't try different ones.  Or other non pill options.   If your sex habits are high risk of pregnancy, maybe you should adapt, and ease up on the intercourse.  Your body, your choice ... your choice to be responsible, or deal with the consequences.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

What makes it particularly moronic was that Planned Parenthood does offer such services. Yet right wing legislators have repeatedly attempted, and in some cases succeeded, in defunding Planned Parenthood.

Source? 

Regardless of where you stand on the abortion issue, it's disingenuous to blame Florida.  The reason for the turmoil is that the states around Florida already had laws that sent their residents to Florida for abortions.

Blaming Florida is political, an attempt to derail DeSantis's political future.  Just like blaming Florida for their "measles epidemic", when Blue Chicago had 5x as many measles patients in their migrant shelters.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, impulse said:

Regardless of where you stand on the abortion issue, it's disingenuous to blame Florida.  The reason for the turmoil is that the states around Florida already had laws that sent their residents to Florida for abortions.

Blaming Florida is political, an attempt to derail DeSantis's political future.  Just like blaming Florida for their "measles epidemic", when Blue Chicago had 5x as many measles patients in their migrant shelters.

To the left, everything is political. They don't care about women, they care about furthering their agenda. 

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, pomchop said:

how about the " old men get your nose out of women's vaginas" talking point?

how about if the man who gets the girl pregnant gets his gonads chopped off ....seems to me the old men want to act as if the woman got pregnant all by herself...

that and a bunch of bible beaters who are all against abortion until  their little darling 16 y.o. daughter or grand daughter got knocked up by a gang banger in which case she would quickly be sent off to a civilized state to secretly deal with it....

ok mr double standard. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

Interesting ideas? Really? How many people would be able to post a bond of $150,000? And this comment "If abortions are illegal but an abortion occurs, the man who impregnated the woman should be equally liable to prosecution." is an interesting idea? I love the part about the man being equally liable to prosecution". Given that the woman has died, that would mean no prosecution at all. Or maybe they dig up her body and put her on trial again? Of course, that's just a minor stupidity. Holding one person responsible for the independent choices of another is obviously nonsensical. And Cory1848's comment about punishing someone for impregnating a woman in a state with lack of access to medical care, while obviously nuts in itself, does go far to showing the real motivations behind the anti-abortion movement.Namely, it's the states that restrict and punish abortion most harshly are those that offer the lowest support for women needing neonatal care. Which just goes to show that the real motivation behind the antiabortion legislation is not about concern for the fetus, but about punishing women

I’m not entirely sure what your point was in parts of your post; my initial proposals may sound insane, especially to men who are used to having their way, but my basic point is that men are equally at fault for an unwanted pregnancy (in cases of rape and some other circumstances, they are 100 percent at fault), and if they were held equally responsible by the law, then men in power might not be so quick to push antiabortion legislation. And in states that have eliminated abortion rights, the lack of prenatal care extends to doctors who are now reluctant to treat pregnant women, fearing prosecution should the pregnancy fail for whatever reason. The expectant father, meanwhile, has already moved on, maybe with a new girlfriend. It’s sickening, and, as you say, it’s all about punishing women (or keeping them in their place).

5 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

I’m not entirely sure what your point was in parts of your post; my initial proposals may sound insane, especially to men who are used to having their way, but my basic point is that men are equally at fault for an unwanted pregnancy (in cases of rape and some other circumstances, they are 100 percent at fault), and if they were held equally responsible by the law, then men in power might not be so quick to push antiabortion legislation. And in states that have eliminated abortion rights, the lack of prenatal care extends to doctors who are now reluctant to treat pregnant women, fearing prosecution should the pregnancy fail for whatever reason. The expectant father, meanwhile, has already moved on, maybe with a new girlfriend. It’s sickening, and, as you say, it’s all about punishing women (or keeping them in their place).

Does Planned Parenthood not provide free prenatal care? 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Does Planned Parenthood not provide free prenatal care? 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Several states have defunded Planned Parenthood, meaning blocking the organization from receiving Medicaid reimbursements. So, no, if the organization is financially insolvent, then it can’t provide prenatal care. The bigger issue is doctors not treating women whose pregnancies are complicated, for fear that they’ll be prosecuted should the pregnancy not result in childbirth; these women’s lives are thus put at risk.

Elsewhere you referred to abortion as “killing babies”; I don’t know whether your view in that regard is based on your perception of medical science or some religious conviction, but I concede that it’s your right to hold such belief. But I do hope that you would allow primacy to doctors to do what’s needed to protect the life of an expectant woman whose pregnancy may be complicated, even if that required aborting her fetus, especially if the fetus is unlikely to survive once born (as is often the case in such circumstances).

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

Several states have defunded Planned Parenthood, meaning blocking the organization from receiving Medicaid reimbursements. So, no, if the organization is financially insolvent, then it can’t provide prenatal care. The bigger issue is doctors not treating women whose pregnancies are complicated, for fear that they’ll be prosecuted should the pregnancy not result in childbirth; these women’s lives are thus put at risk.

Elsewhere you referred to abortion as “killing babies”; I don’t know whether your view in that regard is based on your perception of medical science or some religious conviction, but I concede that it’s your right to hold such belief. But I do hope that you would allow primacy to doctors to do what’s needed to protect the life of an expectant woman whose pregnancy may be complicated, even if that required aborting her fetus, especially if the fetus is unlikely to survive once born (as is often the case in such circumstances).

Are we not always told that only a miniscule portion of the Planned Parenthood budget comes from taxpayers? Surely prenatal care would be at the top of their list of services they provide. 

In any evert, I thought they made the bulk of their money selling the debris the remove from their customers, no? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

I support privately funded abortions for any reason up to twelve weeks, and publicly funding at any point in the pregnancy for women at serious risk to their physical life. 

At one point in a pregnancy do you consider it a baby?

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I support privately funded abortions for any reason up to twelve weeks, and publicly funding at any point in the pregnancy for women at serious risk to their physical life. 

At one point in a pregnancy do you consider it a baby?

Your views on abortion are certainly not as extreme as the views of men (and some women) passing new laws (or reviving old ones) in many states. I don’t consider a fetus to be a “baby” until it’s born, but this is to some degree a matter of semantics. Also, because I’m a man and am incapable of getting pregnant, and thus am clueless about what it feels like to have something growing inside me and what effect that has on a person, physically and emotionally, I am unqualified to say. I would leave the question of whether it’s a “fetus” or a “baby” entirely up to the woman and trust her instincts, and grant her the right to make her own decisions accordingly.

I think you may be mistaken about the primary source of Planned Parenthood’s income; here are a few links if you’re interested.

https://www.supertalk.fm/where-does-planned-parenthood-get-its-money/

https://oversightdemocrats.house.gov/planned-parenthood-fact-v-fiction

Edited by Cory1848
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

Your views on abortion are certainly not as extreme as the views of men (and some women) passing new laws (or reviving old ones) in many states. I don’t consider a fetus to be a “baby” until it’s born, but this is to some degree a matter of semantics. Also, because I’m a man and am incapable of getting pregnant, and thus am clueless about what it feels like to have something growing inside me and what effect that has on a person, physically and emotionally, I am unqualified to say. I would leave the question of whether it’s a “fetus” or a “baby” entirely up to the woman and trust her instincts, and grant her the right to make her own decisions accordingly.

I think you may be mistaken about the primary source of Planned Parenthood’s income; here are a few links if you’re interested.

https://www.supertalk.fm/where-does-planned-parenthood-get-its-money/

https://oversightdemocrats.house.gov/planned-parenthood-fact-v-fiction

So, when you visit a pregnant friend, do you ask: "How's the fetus?" 

I assume your position is public funded, for any reason, up until birth, correct? 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

(A) So, when you visit a pregnant friend, do you ask: "How's the fetus?" 

(B) I assume your position is public funded, for any reason, up until birth, correct? 

(A) Don’t be absurd.

(B) I think that health care generally should be publicly funded; I favor the socialization of other broad societal and industry sectors as well. But not necessarily for any abortion on demand; I probably wouldn’t favor public funding for a couple who wish to get an abortion simply as a lifestyle choice. The devil is in the details, in determining the need/motive for an abortion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

(A) Don’t be absurd.

Really?

And if a pregnant friend had a miscarriage, would you say; "sorry you lost the fetus?", or better; "why so sad? It was only a fetus."

If a pregnant woman is assaulted and loses baby, in most states, the perpetrator can be changed with murder. 

3 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

(B) I think that health care generally should be publicly funded; I favor the socialization of other broad societal and industry sectors as well. But not necessarily for any abortion on demand; I probably wouldn’t favor public funding for a couple who wish to get an abortion simply as a lifestyle choice. The devil is in the details, in determining the need/motive for an abortion.

But you do support availability for any reason, up until the moment of birth, correct? 

You are a Marxist then? 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Really? And if a pregnant friend had a miscarriage, would you say; "sorry you lost the fetus?", or better; "why so sad? It was only a fetus." If a pregnant woman is assaulted and loses baby, in most states, the perpetrator can be changed with murder. 

But you do support availability for any reason, up until the moment of birth, correct? You are a Marxist then? 

In the first part of your response, I don’t know who you’re quarreling with, or about what. And in the second part, you didn’t read what I wrote, and you don’t know what the word “Marxist” means.

4 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

In the first part of your response, I don’t know who you’re quarreling with, or about what. And in the second part, you didn’t read what I wrote, and you don’t know what the word “Marxist” means.

That's what I thought, thanks anyways.  

14 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

Yes, among extreme right wingers there is this Pavlovian reflexive use of "Marxist" to mean anyone they disagree with. Above all else, Marxists believe that the state should own all means of production for the benefit of workers. Obviously nothing to do with abortion.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Yes, among extreme right wingers there is this Pavlovian reflexive use of "Marxist" to mean anyone they disagree with. Above all else, Marxists believe that the state should own all means of production for the benefit of workers. Obviously nothing to do with abortion.

What he said was: "I think that health care generally should be publicly funded; I favor the socialization of other broad societal and industry sectors as well." 

Among leftists, I guess that just makes him a Democrat. 

And I sated my position clearly, your buddy just dodged. 

Why not state your position on abortion clearly, as long as you're here? 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I'm a Marxist and I don't believe that at all.

Marxism is more to do with a fair wage for the skilled labour force and a more equatable distribution of wealth and land to the people.

Marx would not have supported abortion in any way shape or form as he believed women were property, so no equality or women's rights in Marxism.

Health care should be publicly funded, but killing unborn babies isn't health care.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm a Marxist and I don't believe that at all.

Marxism is more to do with a fair wage for the skilled labour force and a more equatable distribution of wealth and land to the people.

Marx would not have supported abortion in any way shape or form as he believed women were property, so no equality or women's rights in Marxism.

Health care should be publicly funded, but killing unborn babies isn't health care.

This is like someone calling himself a Christian but they don't believe that Jesus was the son of God.

And whatever Marx's other beliefs might have been, they're not relevant to Marxism. This is like saying that because Marx disapproved of eating eggs, Marxists shouldn't eat eggs.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/4/2024 at 1:01 AM, stoner said:

ok mr double standard. 

On 5/4/2024 at 1:01 AM, stoner said:

ok mr double standard. 

On 5/3/2024 at 8:03 PM, KhunLA said:

I'm finding that hard to believe.  As when my daughter had an acne problem, that the skin clinics couldn't or wouldn't clear up, actually getting worse, in a year.   I put her on birth control, a couple skin ointments, and an antibody for about 6 weeks, and cleared it all up.

The birth control did the complete opposite of what you are implying, and balanced her hormones.  Probably the largest factor causing the acne.

Do agree, some woman can't take the pill, or possible didn't try different ones.  Or other non pill options.   If your sex habits are high risk of pregnancy, maybe you should adapt, and ease up on the intercourse.  Your body, your choice ... your choice to be responsible, or deal with the consequences.

Agree if your sex habits are high risk like guys who don't or won't wear condoms you should ease up on the intercourse....far as i know there has never been a gal that got pregnant...other than IVF.....without a guy being involved.....the problem as most guys have known all their lives is we are generally going to do all sorts of things to get laid...like get the gal drunk , make all kinds of "promises" etc.....but if the gal gets pregnant it's not my problem and the gal should be forced to have a baby that neither the guy or gal ever wanted?

How about if all the old men who make the laws let the girl and guy and their families and doctors decide the issue and not shove their beliefs down everyones throat?

3 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Agree if your sex habits are high risk like guys who don't or won't wear condoms you should ease up on the intercourse....far as i know there has never been a gal that got pregnant...other than IVF.....without a guy being involved.....the problem as most guys have known all their lives is we are generally going to do all sorts of things to get laid...like get the gal drunk , make all kinds of "promises" etc.....but if the gal gets pregnant it's not my problem and the gal should be forced to have a baby that neither the guy or gal ever wanted?

How about if all the old men who make the laws let the girl and guy and their families and doctors decide the issue and not shove their beliefs down everyones throat?

That’s fine, but why should I have to pay for it? 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, pomchop said:

the problem as most guys have known all their lives is we are generally going to do all sorts of things to get laid...like get the gal drunk , make all kinds of "promises" etc.....

I never needed to stoop to those low tactics, and honesty with like mined horny people always worked for me.  No need for all that silliness, as there's always some wanting to share smiles with me.

Edited by KhunLA

24 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I never needed to stoop to those low tactics, and honesty with like mined horny people always worked for me.  No need for all that silliness, as there's always some wanting to share smiles with me.

Well, good for you. And when you and your clones become the only males on planet earth the problem will be solved. Until then, the issue isn't about you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Well, good for you. And when you and your clones become the only males on planet earth the problem will be solved. Until then, the issue isn't about you.

I think you need to associate with a better circle of friends & family.  We were raised NOT to take advantage of people, as there is no need to, to be happy. 

Quite the opposite, if using such tactics, if you enjoy looking in the mirror.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I think you need to associate with a better circle of friends & family.  We were raised NOT to take advantage of people, as there is no need to, to be happy. 

Quite the opposite, if using such tactics, if you enjoy looking in the mirror.

More information about yourself. Who knows, it may even be true. But true or not, it's utterly irrelevant to the topic at hand.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, placeholder said:

More information about yourself. Who knows, it may even be true. But true or not, it's utterly irrelevant to the topic at hand.

So true, but I didn't bring up the morality of men, rather than the responsibility of women, which I emphasize.   

Remember .... 'THEIR BODY ... THEIR CHOICE'  ... only they have control over being pregnant or not.

Women of responsible for their bodies ... whether they take responsibility is something else.

Majority of Floridians are against abortion ... now it's the law.

.... END OF ...

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

So true, but you did bring up the morality of men, rather than the responsibility of women, which I emphasize.   

Remember .... 'THEIR BODY ... THEIR CHOICE'  ... only they have control over being pregnant or not.

Where did I mention morality? Morality is quite arbitrary. For a devout Catholic using birth control is immoral.