British tourist arrested with cocaine hidden in passport

webfact

20 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

why do so many of them risk going to prison for years by committing nickel and dime crimes?

Maybe so they can get three square meals a day and a roof over their head!

Some baiting posts have been removed.

A post with a link to the Bangkok Post has been removed:

16. The  Bangkok Post, Khaosod,  Pattaya Mail and the Phuket News do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEAN NOW. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to the  Bangkok Post, Khaosod,  Pattaya Mail and the Phuket News publications will be deleted from the forum. These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not by ASEAN NOW. In rare cases, forum administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

He must of been 3 sheets to the wind to place it in his passport or was he desperate to spend the next 5/10 years on free B&B at the Bangkok Hilton 

Yeah must of.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Most likely kept passport in same space as the bag, and after a fresh up at the plane toilet, he dropped it in to his passport! Have done it with my credit card once. 

Agreed the most plausible explanation is that the small bag of charlie worked its way into the passport through a mix of location, motion and gravity.

Either way, not a good idea to leave the UK with even a small amount of coke in your man bag. I actually feel a bit sorry for the guy as he's obviously not an international drugs courier, but about to learn a severe lesson.  

I hope the kids out there contemplating coming here are reading stories like this and taking it all in, much like having travel insurance that covers all instances prior to arriving in Thailand / abroad.

Edited by torturedsole
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Edwin Cameron said:

How hard up for news are you guy's, not even a gram and your making the guy out to be "El Chapo"get a set,you really need them..!

There's no apostrophe in a plural.

And it's you're not your.

Edited by saintdomingo
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Agreed the most plausible explanation is that the small bag of charlie worked its way into the passport through a mix of location, motion and gravity.

Either way, not a good idea to leave the UK with even a small amount of coke in your man bag. I actually feel a bit sorry for the guy as he's obviously not an international drugs courier, but about to learn a severe lesson.  

I hope the kids out there contemplating coming here are reading stories like this and taking it all in, much like having travel insurance that covers all instances prior to arriving in Thailand / abroad.

Agree, how many years can he expect.?

1 minute ago, saintdomingo said:

2 years then deported to uk, or a heavy fine, sent back 6 - 12 months. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

2 years then deported to uk, or a heavy fine, sent back 6 - 12 months. 

Not exactly a laugh and a joke, but not the end of the world. Painful mistake.

8 minutes ago, saintdomingo said:

An earlier poster mentioned six months imprisonment and in the grand scheme of things, I reckon six months would be a maximum. However, he might get lucky and merely be deported on conviction given such a small amount. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JoePai said:

555 just how stupid can one get, hiding(?) it in a Passport then going through Immigration  :cheesy:

He's from Enfield.......like Barcelona but duller.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

An earlier poster mentioned six months imprisonment and in the grand scheme of things, I reckon six months would be a maximum. However, he might get lucky and merely be deported on conviction given such a small amount. 

All dependes when and if it goes to court. A case like this can take long time before come up

5 hours ago, Startmeup said:

I met one of the smarter British tourists here the other day he hid it up his arse when he went on a flight. 

Did you help him with that ?😁

• Haha 1

Drug addicts are not the smartest people in the world, and this guy is just more proof of that.

His future will include jail time for sure, and it seems he may be very broke as well.

Way to go Brit dude, you might be almost a senior when you see freedom again.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, roo860 said:

Gottfrid will be along soon, when the care home nurse let's him have his phone back.

Seriously, Gottfrid could be in hospital, I hope its nothing too trivial . 

😆😆

16 hours ago, pomchop said:

He'll fit right in with a lot of "rocket scientists" that arrive in Thailand every day.

Somewhat off the topic of this thread...
My cousin is a rocket scientist.   His company shipped something up to the International Space Station recently.   

OK, completely off the topic of this thread ..!

19 hours ago, smedly said:

how many times was his passport checked during his commute, he must be 10 cards short of a full deck or there is some other more sinister explanation for this, Phuket is not a place I would want to visit right now considering the seemingly active effort to by law enforcement to pick on farangs right now, I'd be giving it a very wide birth right now, who puts a small bag of illegal drugs in the pages of their passport and then hands it to immigration police at an airport ....................... think about it - seriously

There are a lot of idiots around, many years back an Italian tourist walked into a police station in the Amsterdam Red light and asked them to test his coke he just bought from a street dealer.

21 hours ago, bob smith said:

I used to bang half gram lines for fun!

what an idiot. he should have gone to the bog on his flight and finished it off before he landed!

1st class muppet.

bob.

He is definetly in the running for the Darwin awards

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

There's no apostrophe in a plural.

And it's you're not your.

I think that has nothing to do with the topic, tough you could start an English grammar thread.............:coffee1:

10 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Drug addicts are not the smartest people in the world, and this guy is just more proof of that.

His future will include jail time for sure, and it seems he may be very broke as well.

Way to go Brit dude, you might be almost a senior when you see freedom again.

Although I agree with your first sentence, the rest is cr@p.........🤔