AI.....yikes!

It does not scare me at all. I keep asking questions either AI can't answer, or the answer is totally wrong.

I got a call from an AI survey centre recently. I don't do surveys anyway, but it only took me two questions to work out I was talking to a robot.

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It does not scare me at all. I keep asking questions either AI can't answer, or the answer is totally wrong.

I got a call from an AI survey centre recently. I don't do surveys anyway, but it only took me two questions to work out I was talking to a robot.

And is that a problem?

If a survey requires answers from i.e. 1000 people, hire some people who call 1000 people or let the AI do the job.

Possibly AI can do that by now. Faster, more efficient and probably more accurate than humans. 

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And is that a problem?

If a survey requires answers from i.e. 1000 people, hire some people who call 1000 people or let the AI do the job.

Possibly AI can do that by now. Faster, more efficient and probably more accurate than humans. 

My attitude to surveys is my time is worth something, and I have never had anyone offer me money for my time in answering a survey. So I don't do them, and I don't care if it is a human or AI doing the interrogation.

I don't know about more accurate, a survey is only as good as the information people give it.

Just now, Lacessit said:

My attitude to surveys is my time is worth something, and I have never had anyone offer me money for my time in answering a survey. So I don't do them, and I don't care if it is a human or AI doing the interrogation.

I don't know about more accurate, a survey is only as good as the information people give it.

I don't think I was ever part of a survey, at least I don't remember it.

But sometimes I hear about results of some surveys, and I think: They should have asked me. 😉 

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't think I was ever part of a survey, at least I don't remember it.

But sometimes I hear about results of some surveys, and I think: They should have asked me. 😉 

I have been occasionally tempted to take one, then be a complete outlier with BS answers.

It's impressive, but not exactly scary.  It would be scary if people believed it unquestionably.  If someone made a video of a politician admitting to a crime and people believed it and the politician lost his job, that would be scary.  But that's more the scariness of how stupid some people can be.

A little disappointing that for the Seinfeld answer the AI didn't say, "What's the deeeeal with Blitzscalling?".

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It's impressive, but not exactly scary.  It would be scary if people believed it unquestionably.  If someone made a video of a politician admitting to a crime and people believed it and the politician lost his job, that would be scary.  But that's more the scariness of how stupid some people can be.

A little disappointing that for the Seinfeld answer the AI didn't say, "What's the deeeeal with Blitzscalling?".

When you say 'if people believe it unquestionably' AI is almost certainly (100% imho) being used without our knowledge.

https://thispersondoesnotexist (dot) com shows faces of AI 'people' that can/could be used for fake news stories to push agendas

(some of us believe the security services and MSM are not above this type of behaviour)

If you refresh the screen you will see a new face and they all look real (and could therefore be used to substantiate news stories).

A LOT of people (esp. older gens) unquestionably believe any and everything they see on a TV screen.

If you offer an alternative opinion or ask questions they will immediately label you (as I'm sure you're aware)

Mentally quarantining information before accepting it at face value will be more important than ever moving forwards.

Younger gens are pretty much inoculated as they have been intensely marketed to (and understand advertorials, paid for endorsements etc.) since they were babies staring into screens.  They have a great understanding of media fakery which is reflected in fall of mainstream media.

Younger generations know they cannot rely on MSM so have switched off.

Narrative battles now happen in real time on twitter.

Govts/MSM/Social Media companies still have a big advantage (huge budgets, algorhythm manipulation, ability to censor, cancel accounts) but

people are increasingly having to rely on themselves to answer "does this make sense?".

Which is as it always should be.

• Thumbs Up 1

With AI, someone will be able to frame you committing a murder you didn't commit.

They can put you in a murder scene and it will look so real no one will be able to know.

Hopefully, there will be strict laws in place.

Also, there needs to be COUNTER-AI .... ie AI that detects other fake AI videos

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

AI is still in its infancy. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Lol people who think like you are the most funny of all, and the first to die when such things take over for the worst too. Do you really lack the entire existence of imagination, to not understand, that what you are offered, even at paid services, is like 0.01% of the capacity it has, with companies or government agencies, that use it at what it is really capable of, today already? Not to mention it progresses faster than we did as humans, it's like 1 year for AI to do 20 human years in development over the entire population. You should fear it even more, being the way you are.

You are one of those people who is like skeptical by ignorance and not believing in it, to then realize, you were dating a AI girl for monthly subscription, since 2 years. And that is even a innocent example of what will be daily in 2025/2026. Many posts here are already AI and nobody even realizes it.

Just to give you an idea, if i feed an AI with all the posts here, and then tell it to find different characters and types, and tell it to start playing like one, you would really have no idea at all. If i then hook that to residence proxies, the mods would never even know. Nobody would, only me.

In today's reality it is very clumsy, as you kind of need to have a programmer background, to understand how to ask things. It won't be like that forever. Also the front-end GUI kind of thnings like ChatGPT for consumers, is a joke already, compared to what is available for those who understand and use Tech. And ChatGPT is not a joke at all, it can do seriously endless things, it is just the lazy humans, who dislike change, and fear losing work, who not use it yet.

The result is a less and less smart human population, and a more and more smart AI population, to then basically have what Netflix tells you; a few big companies or a global government, or both, owning and ruling all. Telling you what to do. 

It is: learn to program or be programmed. Guess that's why they don't even teach it properly at the most expensive schools. Most academics barely know.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 hour ago, BigBruv said:

Younger gens are pretty much inoculated as they have been intensely marketed to (and understand advertorials, paid for endorsements etc.) since they were babies staring into screens.  They have a great understanding of media fakery which is reflected in fall of mainstream media.

Younger generations know they cannot rely on MSM so have switched off.

Narrative battles now happen in real time on twitter.

Hah!  Younger generations are too busy (proudly) trying to manipulate and out-BS each other online to have ever had real physical world experiences or to learn anything beyond what's on a screen.  Brainwashed worse than the oldsters, who at least had a real life at one point.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Lee65 said:

Hah!  Younger generations are too busy (proudly) trying to manipulate and out-BS each other online to have ever had real physical world experiences or to learn anything beyond what's on a screen.  Brainwashed worse than the oldsters, who at least had a real life at one point.

Such a deluded boomer comment.

(Boomer is a behaviour - not a generation)

You guys had full pensions and could buy a house for $1000 'back in my day'.

Delusionally believe they had grit and guts but that went out of the window in 2020 flu season - stay 6 feet! Where's your mask!!!!

When you point these facts out boomers get mad, entitled, rant about how everyone is angry or bitter or jealous of them when we aren’t.

I’m very happy and I’m so glad to see these trends (divorce, abortion and general boomer degeneracy) changing now that these horrible people are finally becoming worm food.

Edited by stats
trolling comment removed
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, save the frogs said:

With AI, someone will be able to frame you committing a murder you didn't commit.

They can put you in a murder scene and it will look so real no one will be able to know.

Hopefully, there will be strict laws in place.

Also, there needs to be COUNTER-AI .... ie AI that detects other fake AI videos

Potentially scary, but as soon as the technology is there, people will be able to call an expert witness and ask them if it is possible that the footage is AI generated, to which they will presumably say yes.

What will be strange is when AI is good enough that it basically makes all video footage questionable.  What then?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Where it should stay!

This short film about AI is really really funny.

But at the same time shows how screwed up things will get with the bots.

Edited by save the frogs
  • Haha 2

On 5/4/2024 at 3:49 PM, Will B Good said:

I think it's pretty amazing and look forward to having something like this that I can use. 

These types of AIs could be used to help people who are lonely to feel like they have someone to talk to.  

I love tech and look forward to what we'll have to play with in the next 30 years!

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 8:44 PM, BigBruv said:

Such a deluded boomer comment.

(Boomer is a behaviour - not a generation)

You guys had full pensions and could buy a house for $1000 'back in my day'.

Delusionally believe they had grit and guts but that went out of the window in 2020 flu season - stay 6 feet! Where's your mask!!!!

When you point these facts out boomers get mad, entitled, rant about how everyone is angry or bitter or jealous of them when we aren’t.

I’m very happy and I’m so glad to see these trends (divorce, abortion and general boomer degeneracy) changing now that these horrible people are finally becoming worm food.

I was born in 1967.  Whilst I had a very good life growing up (rich parents) and I can look back and say nothing about my early life was difficult, I much prefer things now.  Tech is getting better all the time, almost every product we can buy is vastly better now because of better materials and manufacturing processes, we have so much more choice and so many new things to enjoy.

However, I disagree with your comment about abortion.  We should be encouraging low income and low education people to have fewer kids, not more.  

Not sure about all the interest in AI now. 
I was doing AI on cows , horses and dogs for the last 30 years..  doh!

• Haha 1

Artificial intelligence, created by people with Low intelligence for use by those with Zero intelligence. We haven't yet fully understood how the human brain functions but we are expected to trust something created by the human brain.  What could possibly go wrong?!

• Agree 1

I saw recently an interview with Elon Musk about AI and his words were very disappointing about the future of mankind.
AI, Robots and implants would degenerate human beings to "Programmed beings" with no onw identity in the near future.
Very bad future for our children.

On 5/4/2024 at 8:49 PM, Will B Good said:

Not at all.

Just because technology can generate identical "us" is nothing to fear, till it is able to commit crimes and make everyone think "you" did it.

It's all irrelevant anyway, as we are all doomed, and won't be around too much longer.

Perhaps AI is the next species to become the prime on the planet.

15 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I saw recently an interview with Elon Musk about AI and his words were very disappointing about the future of mankind.
AI, Robots and implants would degenerate human beings to "Programmed beings" with no onw identity in the near future.

I'm with Musk. Humans are not walking into becoming technological rejects, they are running full tilt into oblivion. Even been in a restaurant where all the people are on their phones and not talking to each other?

A race of morons won't last long.

19 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I much prefer things now.  Tech is getting better all the time, almost every product we can buy is vastly better now because of better materials and manufacturing processes, we have so much more choice and so many new things to enjoy.

Disagree 100%.

You think just pushing a button to move a car window up or down is a good thing, right? To me it is a sign that humans are just too lazy to wind a window by hand and eventually will allow machines to do everything so we get fat, unhealthy and die.

As for more choice, it's just more choice of the rubbish that we fill our minds with now. I stopped watching tv as it's just dire garbage. Even movies are woke junk now.

15 hours ago, Confuscious said:

They are already half way there with social media

• Agree 1