Shopee/Lazada credit card vs cash on delivery

1 minute ago, Robert Paulson said:
3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope...  your post is...   never had an issue with Lazada not refunding.

I guess if someone can't wait 7-14 days for a refund, then they have other financial issues... 

COD or Payment through the app just depends on personal preference - if you will be in or not... 

We always use Payment through the App because we never know if we'll be in and delivery can just place it on our doorstep (no porch pirates in moobaan)...    

Items are often cancelled by the vendor, refund is always forthcoming.

Expand  

Nope. Not with me. I can price it I have funds in my lazada “wallet” that I can’t spend. 

Different experiences then... 

Refunds always go straight back into my Thai Credit Card or Thai Bank Account - which ever I used to make the purchase. 

I've never used Lazada Wallet - never needed to.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Different experiences then... 

Refunds always go straight back into my Thai Credit Card or Thai Bank Account - which ever I used to make the purchase. 

I've never used Lazada Wallet - never needed to.

I have never used lazada wallet either. They put my refunds there and don’t allow me to spend it. I wish I was making it up. 

why can’t they just refund to bank account anyway. I guess that’s not a thing. Convenient 

• Confused 5

1 hour ago, transam said:

C.O.D. for me, done it for years, they phone when on route, if you are not in, you tell them to come back the next day..........Easy...

Most times when the Lazada delivery guys did call me, they didn't speak English.  I lived alone and don't speak Thai...

Obviously, YMMV.

3 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

I have never used lazada wallet either. They put my refunds there and don’t allow me to spend it. I wish I was making it up. 

why can’t they just refund to bank account anyway. I guess that’s not a thing. Convenient 

If you are a frequent user of Lazada - does it matter if the refund goes to a 'wallet' you can spend from that (so you can get it back)... 

99% of the time I use a Credit Card (Thai) - I only use the Thai Bank when for whatever reason the transaction is rejected due to a suspected fraud alert on the card...  which happens from time to time.

1 minute ago, impulse said:
1 hour ago, transam said:

C.O.D. for me, done it for years, they phone when on route, if you are not in, you tell them to come back the next day..........Easy...

Most times when the Lazada delivery guys did call me, they didn't speak English.  I lived alone and don't speak Thai...

Obviously, YMMV.

Indeed...  a lot of the time I don't answer numbers I don't recognise...    the delivery guys just leave the item on the step... no issues, no hassles, no digging around for money, no making sure we are in, or if out having to answer a call just in case its lazada delivery etc... 

From a personal perspective (in line with YMMV) - COD is quite an inconvenience.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Nope. Not with me. I can price it I have funds in my lazada “wallet” that I can’t spend. 

Do you realize that you can transfer funds from your wallet to your bank account? It's quick and easy and I've done it a couple of times.Just call Lazada and they'll explain exactly how - very good people in my experience.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It may not be the case... but, particularly with Chinese vendors I've often found that they cancel the order, then when I search for the same item again, its available from different vendor using exactly the same photos...     my guess is 'bait and switch'...   

I don't think it's usually that insidious.  They'll have the same items listed on Lazada, EBay, AliExpress, TaoBao and others.  Hard to keep all the venues' inventory updated.  Also, a lot of them sell from an empty wagon and when they go to buy what you've ordered, their supplier is out of stock.

Lots of them also use stock photos.

13 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

I have had quite a number of refunds over the years I've been using Lazada. They have always been returned to the account from which I paid, be it my bank account or occasionally my UK credit card. I've never ever had a problem with a refund.

Now I use Truemoney wallet and it's even more efficient. Instant refund.

17 minutes ago, impulse said:

Obviously, YMMV.

Just say,, "Kup, kup, kup".........Which means you are home............🤭

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed...  a lot of the time I don't answer numbers I don't recognise...    the delivery guys just leave the item on the step... no issues, no hassles, no digging around for money, no making sure we are in, or if out having to answer a call just in case its lazada delivery etc... 

From a personal perspective (in line with YMMV) - COD is quite an inconvenience.

When Lazada first hit Thailand, I did my first few orders COD using my office address. That turned into a PITA when the receptionist had to find me.  After the first few seamless orders, I had the confidence to use my K-Bank debit card and have the deliveries go to my apartment where the security guy and manager were always there to receive the goodies.  Never had an issue... 

I also visited their HQ near Emporium and met a lot of their staff at the time.  Several of my Thai workmates took their seminar on becoming a vendor.

1 hour ago, lexxy said:

Ridiculous. I use credit card or now QR option which has appeared this year.

Sometimes i change mind and it only takes a few days (for CC) to bounce back to my wise card.

With prepaid you no have to move out of bed, they will call you and you tell them where to leave it i.e with security.

You can go on with your COD but your justification is ridiculous especially seeing most stuff you buy is sub 200b..

I just ordered a 43" Samsung 4K TV, COD, I would not want to risk this amount on prepaid. As it is I had to chace them for delivery which took 2 weeks rather than the promised 7 days.

No prepaid for me thats for sure.

1 hour ago, Robert Paulson said:

Not sure if the same with credit card but pay with mobile banking is a reach around. They cancel, you get a “refund” and it goes into your “wallet” and then you can’t use it unless you follow 2 pages of complicated banking instructions. I should note I’m only talking about what lazada does. The other thing I’ve had is lazada cancels my items, NOT the seller, and then the money goes into my “wallet” that I can’t use. That one I find particularly annoying 

I hit refund to bank in the Lazada app, and it's in my bank minutes later. Don't know why you guys have so many problems.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I hit refund to bank in the Lazada app, and it's in my bank minutes later. Don't know why you guys have so many problems.

I never had the choice 

It was cancelled and says the refund will go to my bank.

Nothing yet but only 2-3 days

I only noticed it was cancelled by chance and had been waiting a while .

2 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Not sure if the same with credit card but pay with mobile banking is a reach around.

Not an issue at all using my USAA debit card on Lazada - any canceled order payment is returned to US bank account within a day or two.  Shopee does not accept foreign cards and stopped direct bank transfers so have not used since that happened several years ago. 

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Thai credit card? if not Thai usually there's some exchange loss or commission included

Yes, kasikorn credit card. 

Agree, probably losses involved using non Thai cards. 

Increase the limit on your credit card. Then it really doesn't matter if it takes an extra week to get the refund as you've got the “room“ on the card for other purchases. And if you're concerned that the charge will be there when you get your monthly statement, it's irrelevant as the refund will be there before your payment is due.

13 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Not sure if the same with credit card but pay with mobile banking is a reach around. They cancel, you get a “refund” and it goes into your “wallet” and then you can’t use it unless you follow 2 pages of complicated banking instructions. I should note I’m only talking about what lazada does. The other thing I’ve had is lazada cancels my items, NOT the seller, and then the money goes into my “wallet” that I can’t use. That one I find particularly annoying 

Im guessing you set up your wallet? I did notice lazada doesnt accept one of my CC anymore and i went to refund a QR and they wanted my bank details for a refund. No biggie but there was no hint of any refund going to wallet.

Credit card for me thanks!

Have lost count on the refunds (credit card provider chargebacks) I’ve had from inferior products being delivered. Get all my money back and get to keep the “inferior” product too! 😎

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lexxy said:

Im guessing you set up your wallet? I did notice lazada doesnt accept one of my CC anymore and i went to refund a QR and they wanted my bank details for a refund. No biggie but there was no hint of any refund going to wallet.

I didn’t set anything up. I pay with mobile banking and my refunds go auto to my “wallet” that I can’t use.

what I’d really like to know is this like a new challenge of humanity here. Like landing on the moon? I pay with my internet mobile banking account. They can’t just refund me via the same channel? Imo it’s designed to be a scam and to make the refunds difficult so they can keep some free dough. If y’all have it set up great but that’s my take, 

Edited by Robert Paulson

8 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

If y’all have it set up great but that’s my take, 

Weird.Just set it up and no need to complain.Easy too - just phone Lazada who have excellent English speaking staff at the call center.They will help you go through the simple process which will take five minutes at most - assuming you have a Thai bank account.

2 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Weird.Just set it up and no need to complain.Easy too - just phone Lazada who have excellent English speaking staff at the call center.They will help you go through the simple process which will take five minutes at most - assuming you have a Thai bank account.

I tried that and did not find it easy at all. I ran into some snag but I can’t remember what it was to be honest. Idk what you guys are doing but the list of instructions they emailed me was so not five minutes worth of stuff. More like 30 minutes to an hour if everything goes perfect

4 minutes ago, jayboy said:

And anyway why does nobody address my actual issue. Is there a reason they can’t just send to my bank account, which I paid from, the refund. Is this some modern bridge man has to cross to the other side of technology. A feat beyond the comprehension of human kind.

or, why can’t I just spend the money in my “wallet” now. The answer is they do this on purpose. Idk if it’s complaining I’m just stating a business model I believe lazada practices in order to hold onto I’ll gotten funds. 

15 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

Did you see how many of these items had already been sold and see the buyers reviews and delivery times before you made your order?

Yes they were top rated sellers with lots of stock just never got to the stage of being packed or picked up and then just got cancelled 

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I guess if someone can't wait 7-14 days for a refund, then they have other financial issues... 

Items are often cancelled by the vendor, refund is always forthcoming.

I think you are missing the point its not about having financial issues

5000 baht is due to me but it is not a problem just the fact that i need to check that i have been refunded

Why should anyone have to wait 7-14 days for a refund due to a cancellation

I have since ordered the 2 items cod and they are showing as being delivered tomorrow COD

They always deliver in the morning so will be in no trouble at all  

38 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

I think you are missing the point its not about having financial issues

Agree.  For me, I just don't want to have to put it on my list of <deleted> to follow up on.

COD works for me.  But w/e works for someone else is fine.  Crazy how aggressive people get over people making different choices then them!  It's ok, people.  No-one is threatening your way of life lol

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Robert Paulson said:

Imo it’s designed to be a scam and to make the refunds difficult so they can keep some free dough.

It's inconceivable that Lazada, a giant cross border customer oriented organisation, would operate a small-time scam or indeed a scam of any kind. 

Just take Jayboy’s advice and ring ‘em up and get it sorted.

2 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

I didn’t set anything up. I pay with mobile banking and my refunds go auto to my “wallet” that I can’t use.

what I’d really like to know is this like a new challenge of humanity here. Like landing on the moon? I pay with my internet mobile banking account. They can’t just refund me via the same channel? Imo it’s designed to be a scam and to make the refunds difficult so they can keep some free dough. If y’all have it set up great but that’s my take, 

Once again, you are talking rollox out of your lower half...............🥴

Lazada GUARANTEE'S your money back if a problem, as long as the item is sent back in original condition.

I also laugh at those here that say they pay with card and let them leave it on the door step.

To you, my question is, you come home, and it isn't on the doorstep, what do you do.....?     🤭

• Thanks 1