Quick Police Response to Disturbance on Pattaya Road

webfact

image.jpeg

Authorities quickly responded to a disturbance caused by a drug-intoxicated man on Pattaya Central Road today, May 5. Police Lieutenant Colonel Chaowalit Suwanmanee, Deputy Superintendent of Pattaya Police Station, received news of the situation around 3:30 am and promptly arrived at the scene.

The man, identified only as Ton, was found agitated and yelling incoherently, wearing a red and white T-shirt and black jeans in the middle of the road. His erratic conduct caused panic among customers in a nearby rice porridge shop, driving people away in fear.

With the help of the local community, police officers succeeded in capturing the man. 

Ton later confessed to using methamphetamine before such a public disturbance. Subsequent to his arrest, he was taken to Pattaya Police Station for drug tests and legal processing. 

Prawit Chanhong, a security guard at the rice porridge shop, reported that Ton appeared suddenly and started acting unusually, prompting him to call law enforcement immediately.

Despite the chaos, Pattaya News confirmed there were no injuries, much to the relief of everyone involved. Prawit expressed his gratitude, stating, "I'm glad no one was hurt in the incident."

Picture courtesy of Facebook Siam Chon News

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-06

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Authorities quickly responded to a disturbance caused by a drug-intoxicated man on Pattaya Central Road today, May 5.

There was no such response on May 4th when traffic ground to a standstill for TWO HOURS on Klang/2nd Road/Beach Road.  Not ONE cop on duty. I aborted my proposed spending, limiting it to two hours of fuel burning.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Why is Prawit commenting on a local matter? Is this the actions of a leader for a country? I have not seen other comments when someone is actually injured or hurt due to disturbances? Is he trying to use this to get his name in the news? Surely, this has an ulterior motivation behind it. 

As for word class friendly place, haha.. It is as long as your money flows freely and you stay home. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, thesetat said:

Why is Prawit commenting on a local matter? Is this the actions of a leader for a country? I have not seen other comments when someone is actually injured or hurt due to disturbances? Is he trying to use this to get his name in the news? Surely, this has an ulterior motivation behind it. 

As for word class friendly place, haha.. It is as long as your money flows freely and you stay home. 

I don't think it was fatty....... it was an eponymous little man from the nearby restaurant.

7 hours ago, stoner said:

why no mention of the effect that this has on the image of pattaya..... a world class family friendly place.

all families tucked up in bed at 3.30 am and oblivious to any wrongdoings :cheesy: