Thai EV Market Remains Unfazed by European Sales Downturn

webfact

34 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

My point stands: Thailand is a less mature EV market than places like tge UK, where sales are stalling and resale prices have fallen through the floor. The same will happen in Thailand, once people realise that EVs are only suited to people who have lots of time on their hands or travel locally, like housewives or retirees. 

Don't hold your breath, if it was going to happen. we would have seen it by now.

10 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

We did have the BYD Seal roll over fire 🔥

Any more out there?

Unless it's stationary, charging or driving, it won't affect any EV owner's opinion that they don't present a fire risk.

Arson & Accidents etc are as useful as a chocolate teapot or an expat dinosaur oil worker troll on an EV thread.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

We did have the BYD Seal roll over fire 🔥

Any more out there?

20 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I made them tastier for you.

20240512_085528.thumb.jpg.5b068b3e1d3b8e9c01cee4c6032c8947.jpg

Rear drive no doubt ... oh my

23 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Rear drive no doubt ... oh my

Female driver, so unavoidable accident really.

It shouldn't affect you, since you are a male. It should probably not even be recorded as an accident, according to our local Thai Sterzel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

as useful as a chocolate teapot or an expat dinosaur oil worker troll on an EV thread.

There is a growing market for ice tea, so your teapot might find some use.

That is Detective Constable of the FactCheck patrol 🚓 to you. 

3 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

There is a growing market for ice tea, so your teapot might find some use.

That is Detective Constable of the FactCheck patrol 🚓 to you. 

I think you've had too much of the bottled stuff on the wall behind your "performance" cherries

5 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I think you've had too much of the bottled stuff on the wall behind your "performance" cherries

Some of that stuff is so old it has probably turned to vinegar 😕

While I keep wine 🍷 on the wall for decoration, I heard the affluent EV owners store boxes 📦 of wine in their garage.

It that to cool 😎 the nerves while charging?

4 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Some of that stuff is so old it has probably turned to vinegar 😕

While I keep wine 🍷 on the wall for decoration, I heard the affluent EV owners store boxes 📦 of wine in their garage.

It that to cool 😎 the nerves while charging?

I thought you might notice that, my garage is air conditioned, gotta keep those EV batteries cool, don't want any fires.

The wine you saw was just overflow as my cellar was full.

S__29671426.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Ode to ExpatOilWorker

In the dark corners of cyberspace, Where electrons dance and trolls embrace, Lurked a creature with a bitter soul, An anti-EV troll, on a relentless stroll.

His keyboard clattered with disdain, As he typed away, fueled by disdain, “Electric cars are a hoax,” he’d proclaim, “Gasoline forever! EVs are lame!”

He scoffed at Teslas and their silent glide, Called them “glorified golf carts,” with pride. His heart revved like a V8 engine, Spewing exhaust fumes of digital opinion.

“Range anxiety!” he cried, his knuckles white, As if EVs were fragile birds in flight. He mocked the charging stations’ humble plugs, While gasoline pumps hummed like ancient bugs.

But deep down, beneath his vitriol’s crust, Lay a fear—an existential mistrust. For progress threatened his fossil-fueled creed, And innovation was a foe he couldn’t heed.

He’d argue with zeal, ignoring facts, Ignoring the planet’s desperate acts. His comments echoed through the virtual haze, A cacophony of ignorance, ablaze.

Yet, in the quiet moments before dawn, When the world slept, and stars were drawn, The anti-EV troll would pause and wonder, Could he change? Could he break asunder?

For the road ahead was paved with electrons, And the future whispered of cleaner suns. Perhaps, just perhaps, he’d unplug his rage, And embrace the electric current’s sage.

But until then, he’d troll and taunt, A relic of the past, a fossil to haunt. And the EVs would hum, silently amused, As they rolled toward a future yet unfused.

Thanks for the fine poetry, I am flattered. I will grant you membership #1 of your newfound EOW fan club.

The BMW, Performance Motor and the interest in fires 🔥  feel left out, but thanks anyway, 😊

35 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Ode to ExpatOilWorker

In the dark corners of cyberspace, Where electrons dance and trolls embrace, Lurked a creature with a bitter soul, An anti-EV troll, on a relentless stroll.

His keyboard clattered with disdain, As he typed away, fueled by disdain, “Electric cars are a hoax,” he’d proclaim, “Gasoline forever! EVs are lame!”

He scoffed at Teslas and their silent glide, Called them “glorified golf carts,” with pride. His heart revved like a V8 engine, Spewing exhaust fumes of digital opinion.

“Range anxiety!” he cried, his knuckles white, As if EVs were fragile birds in flight. He mocked the charging stations’ humble plugs, While gasoline pumps hummed like ancient bugs.

But deep down, beneath his vitriol’s crust, Lay a fear—an existential mistrust. For progress threatened his fossil-fueled creed, And innovation was a foe he couldn’t heed.

He’d argue with zeal, ignoring facts, Ignoring the planet’s desperate acts. His comments echoed through the virtual haze, A cacophony of ignorance, ablaze.

Yet, in the quiet moments before dawn, When the world slept, and stars were drawn, The anti-EV troll would pause and wonder, Could he change? Could he break asunder?

For the road ahead was paved with electrons, And the future whispered of cleaner suns. Perhaps, just perhaps, he’d unplug his rage, And embrace the electric current’s sage.

But until then, he’d troll and taunt, A relic of the past, a fossil to haunt. And the EVs would hum, silently amused, As they rolled toward a future yet unfused.

Brilliant!!! :clap2:

I wish we still had a Quote of the Day award... whether one agrees with the sentiment or not, your prose is award-worthy!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Brilliant!!! :clap2:

I wish we still had a Quote of the Day award... whether one agrees with the sentiment or not, your prose is award-worthy!

I'm afraid AI produced that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

I'm afraid AI produced that.

Nicely done anyway.

Much better than the flames and bitter troll comments that we usually get. :cool:

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 8:06 PM, JBChiangRai said:

Here are 3 of our EV’s, we also have an MG4 I have posted it’s photo before on another EV thread,,I don’t have a photo of it on my phone.

180CFABD-3732-4C36-9B2F-5A079695031C2021-06-20_11-03-32_902.jpeg

IMG_0045.jpeg

IMG_0006.jpeg

Since this thread have been full of humor, let's finish it off in the same spirit. 

GNYNu2xWoAABJ0d.jpeg