Thai Woman Arrested for Extorting British Husband

webfact

image.jpeg

Thai police arrested a woman, Sudarat, in Samut Prakarn province near Bangkok on May 6 for allegedly abusing her seven-year-old daughter in order to extract money from her British husband, Adrian.

The arrest followed the submission of a complaint by community leader Somsri Ngamprasert on Adrian's behalf.

Adrian reportedly could no longer stand by while Sudarat harmed their daughter during their video call conversations, threatening to kill the child in the absence of a money transfer. For evidence, he recorded their video calls, eventually sharing them with Sudarat’s ex-husband, which led to legal action.

Videos revealed horrific abuse, including threats of death and even an incident where Sudarat pointed a gun at her daughter's head. Sudarat had fled when authorities initially attempted to rescue the child but was eventually tracked down and arrested at a rented space.

Somsri clarified that Sudarat had a 14-year-old son from a previous relationship before marrying Adrian. Adrian moved back to the UK for work and dutifully sent Sudarat money each month for their daughter's upkeep. However, Sudarat began demanding more money, abusing the girl bi-weekly during video calls when he didn't comply. 

Sudarat's son also claimed to have been abused by his mother. He expressed fears for his sister's safety and suggested his mother might have a mental illness. He hoped the relevant parties would assist her in getting the necessary treatment.

Sudarat is currently under interrogation at the Bangpu Police Station. Charges against her are pending. Adrian is planning a trip to Thailand next month to rescue his daughter and bring her back to the UK.

Pictures via Matichon, PPTV HD

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-07

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 21
  • Thumbs Up 1

The real question is: why would you make a child with a woman who's clearly a nutjob. The signs must've been there before it happened.

2 minutes ago, khunpin said:

and she'll be free to walk away.

And do it all over again, either with these children, or after she makes new ones. Reminds me of the first girl I met in Bangkok- by the time I met her, at 26, she's already had 4 (one died), and from the time I dumped her (for being crazy and violent) within a few years she made 3 more. Textbook example of someone who should NOT reproduce yet she can't stop.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

The real question is: why would you make a child with a woman who's clearly a nutjob. The signs must've been there before it happened.

And do it all over again, either with these children, or after she makes new ones. Reminds me of the first girl I met in Bangkok- by the time I met her, at 26, she's already had 4 (one died), and from the time I dumped her (for being crazy and violent) within a few years she made 3 more. Textbook example of someone who should NOT reproduce yet she can't stop.

He didn’t. The child was from her previous marriage 

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, khunpin said:

"... might have a mental illness." 

And exactly that will help her out. 

A Wai to the child, a small donation for any mental health care institution - and she'll be free to walk away. 

What do you base that predicted outcome on?

• Sad 1

Despicable thing of a mother using her own kid for ransom.

Mental issues or not, she obviously & selfishly knows that money is above all other prioritizations.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Thai police arrested a woman, Sudarat, in Samut Prakarn province near Bangkok on May 6 for allegedly abusing her seven-year-old daughter in order to extract money from her British husband, Adrian.

The arrest followed the submission of a complaint by community leader Somsri Ngamprasert on Adrian's behalf.

Adrian reportedly could no longer stand by while Sudarat harmed their daughter during their video call conversations, threatening to kill the child in the absence of a money transfer. For evidence, he recorded their video calls, eventually sharing them with Sudarat’s ex-husband, which led to legal action.

Videos revealed horrific abuse, including threats of death and even an incident where Sudarat pointed a gun at her daughter's head. Sudarat had fled when authorities initially attempted to rescue the child but was eventually tracked down and arrested at a rented space.

Somsri clarified that Sudarat had a 14-year-old son from a previous relationship before marrying Adrian. Adrian moved back to the UK for work and dutifully sent Sudarat money each month for their daughter's upkeep. However, Sudarat began demanding more money, abusing the girl bi-weekly during video calls when he didn't comply. 

Sudarat's son also claimed to have been abused by his mother. He expressed fears for his sister's safety and suggested his mother might have a mental illness. He hoped the relevant parties would assist her in getting the necessary treatment.

Sudarat is currently under interrogation at the Bangpu Police Station. Charges against her are pending. Adrian is planning a trip to Thailand next month to rescue his daughter and bring her back to the UK.

Pictures via Matichon, PPTV HD

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-07

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

What a shame. She should not be responsible for her daughter forever 🙏

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Sudarat's son also claimed to have been abused by his mother. He expressed fears for his sister's safety and suggested his mother might have a mental illness. He hoped the relevant parties would assist her in getting the necessary treatment

That or an insatiable love of money

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

That is a regular scam for sure the dollar bill talks.a friend who was here had a lady friend simple give me money when needed then everyone happy.she got everything car bike whatever. He back home in Europe now but alot of money was given.I see her still and she has moved on to new targets that move.these people will not believe until it is too late