How is Ao Nang now for retirement?

simon43

On 6/28/2024 at 8:42 PM, simon43 said:

As an update, I moved from smoky Laos to temporarily stay in Pattaya while I sort out a few admin things (update bank card etc).  The offer from my wife is still on, but I have had another offer to rent a detached house on Koh Lanta for 6,000 baht. Weighing up the 2 houses, the Lanta one is preferred because it has a garden for my radio antennas. I also have a 6,000 house in Khanom right near to the beach. My suitcases are in Khanom right now and the beach is lovely, but I'd like to do some snorkelling/coral reef visits in my dotage and Khanom beach has none of that.  Coral reefs are more accessible from Ao Nang and Lanta.

Anyway, since moving south from Laos to be by the sea, my bronchitis has gone, my coughing and phlegm have gone and I have no need for daily anti-hystamine and mucus thinner medicines :).  Pattaya is not a preferred long-term base for me (cheap condos, hanging 10 meter antenna poles out of the windows upsets the locals!).

Lo and behold, you remove the air particulates, shazaaam, all that disappears.

Just had some friends return from Patters, they had a great time. A best buddy's wife had passed away a year earlier, a year of melancholy and then I think Pattaya was a good cure for the guy.

I love Koh Lanta, not as much in the low season. Lots of places closed up as they take the brunt of the monsoon winds, but rest of the year, Lanta is great.