Remember this...

4 minutes ago, Martin71 said:

Nope...it's rarely bad enough...it's sheepie syndrome... 

I guess you don't ride MB too often, as get behind a few ICEV, whether properly maintained or not, especially if a few are diesel, and you'll want a mask on.  Though one better than what most wear.

Or stand at a busy intersection or simply walking next to a busy street at Krung Thep, and it can get a bit nauseating. 

Why we live kind of rural ... :coffee1:

• Like 1

Ride a good few times a day.. if one of the 'black beltchers' is in front I drop back.. if safe to do so of course.. I am also quite rural.. and the local driving habits are erm ... interesting..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Martin71 said:

Ride a good few times a day.. if one of the 'black beltchers' is in front I drop back.. if safe to do so of course.. I am also quite rural.. and the local driving habits are erm ... interesting..

I live in the sticks (rural South Isaan), and fortunately in my neck of the woods masks are a rarity and nowhere are they imposed.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I live in the sticks (rural South Isaan), and fortunately in my neck of the woods masks are a rarity and nowhere are they imposed.

Same here.

But!!! We had to take a blood sample (Mother in Law) to Ban Dung Hospital on Monday morning. I stayed outside in the pick-up, while the Mrs went inside. She told me later that there were about 100 people in that department, and apart from herself, she only saw 4 not wearing a mask.

Today, there was a medical lady in the village giving out papers (house to house) about cervical cancer testing. She had a mask on.

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2024 at 3:15 AM, transam said:

My step grandson, 9 months old was not well, they took him to hospital (He is insured) for a check-up. 

He tested positive for Covid, which strain I don't know. We are all a bit mystified as to how he contracted it, as he has a pretty sheltered life.

Thankfully, he is dealing with it OK, they hope he will be able to go home sometime this week..🤗

How many jabs have you given the boy? ...🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, BigBruv said:

Yep, there's a LOT of revisionism going on so NEVER FORGET

Yep, Cuomo hasn't forgetten... well... maybe!

Journalist Chris Cuomo opens up about his struggle with long COVID

Jan 7, 2024

"On his NewsNation show "Cuomo," journalist and former CNN anchor Chris Cuomo recently opened up about his struggle with long COVID. He shared that he's currently been battling a cold for over a month, and also relayed that since contracting COVID in Spring of 2020, his health hasn't been the same as it was pre-COVID. He has always considered himself very healthy—he lifts weights and is in great shape—but in the years following his COVID infection, he has struggled with more frequent illnesses that he doesn't bounce back from like he used to. He stated, post-COVID, "I can beat nothing" without medicine. He also shared that he has lost bone density from COVID."

https://boingboing.net/2024/01/07/journalist-chris-cuomo-opens-up-about-his-struggle-with-long-covid.html

Poster guy for all the reasons folks should do their best to avoid coming down with COVID.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Poster guy for all the reasons folks should do their best to avoid coming down with COVID.

Or poster guy for pushing the establishment narrative?

Most people have worked it out by now   👀

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, BigBruv said:

How many jabs have you given the boy? ...🤔

None, not my boy, but he is home now, BUT, his mum now has Covid.......😂

13 minutes ago, BigBruv said:

And how many jabs has the mother had?

Jabs do not stop you getting Covid, did you not know that..........🤭

But, she has had a variety of Covid before...😉

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, BigBruv said:

Morons everywhere.

'c19' was a proper wake up call for all *thinking* people

Now we know how people act so brutally in wars - 'other' them by name calling etc & then exclude, isolate & exterminate.  

Beware the people you deal with everyday...

Are you puffing something............?  🤪

• Confused 1

Posts with unsourced and unsubstantiated claims have been removed.

Please note the following forum rule:

"In factual areas such as news forums and current affairs topics member content that is claimed or portrayed as a fact should be supported by a link to a relevant reputable source."

Posted (edited)

Nope, he hasn't -- from earlier this year:

Long COVID to blame for lingering 'sick' symptoms? | CUOMO

Screenshot_2.jpg.3c5b8e4029f0f556b57c2aa2804c7cf1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z3b8-2mv-k

And previously, back when he came down with COVID in spring 2020 long before COVID vaccines became available:

CNN’s Chris Cuomo Says Coronavirus Symptoms Have Been “Maddening” in New Health Update

He’s been dealing with a relentless fever, extreme weight loss, and sleepless nights.

Apr 15, 2020

On Tuesday, Chris Cuomo, 49, opened up about his coronavirus symptoms following his COVID-19 diagnosis on March 31. The CNN anchor, who is still quarantined in his basement away from his family, said he’s been frustrated with his recovery.

“I still have this low-grade fever. I can’t shake it. And I know everybody tells me it’s gradual, it takes time, it’s anywhere between 2 to 3 1/2 weeks, but it is maddening to have this little, stupid fever,” he said on Cuomo Prime Time.

Cuomo also urged others to stay home and take the pandemic seriously. “So here’s the message: Don’t be me. But more importantly, be better than we’re being right now,” he told his viewers.

https://www.prevention.com/health/a32031580/cnn-chris-cuomo-coronavirus-symptoms/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Posted (edited)

He hasn't been able to shake Long COVID after four years from his original spring 2020 COVID infection, so he's trying whatever he can... I can understand that. He's literally desperate. But the credible medical research says that won't solve his Long COVID problems.

WHO:

"The update also includes a strong recommendation against the use of ivermectin for patients with non-severe COVID-19. WHO continues to advise that in patients with severe or critical COVID-19, ivermectin should only be used in clinical trials."

https://www.who.int/news/item/10-11-2023-who-updates-guidelines-on-treatments-for-covid-19

New England Journal of Medicine Editorial:

Time to Stop Using Ineffective Covid-19 Drugs

" Ivermectin and fluvoxamine, in particular, are still widely prescribed, even though evidence has been steadily accumulating to indicate that both treatments at acceptable doses are not effective for Covid-19."

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2209017?query=recirc_curatedRelated_article

Wall Street Journal:

Ivermectin had no clinical benefit against COVID-19 in largest study to date - WSJ

Mar. 18, 2022

A group of researchers evaluating the effect of repurposed drugs against COVID-19 found that oral antiparasitic medication ivermectin did not improve patient outcomes in the largest trial of its kind to date, The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.

Ivermectin marketed by Merck (NYSE:MRK) as Stromectol for parasitic infestations sparked controversy during the pandemic prompting the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to issue warnings against its excessive use.

“There was no indication that ivermectin is clinically useful,” said Edward Mills, a lead investigator of the trial and a professor of health sciences at Canada’s McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3815030-ivermectin-had-no-clinical-benefit-against-covid-19-in-largest-study-so-far

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

There also have been credible journal-published studies showing ivermectin specifically had no value in reducing the risk of Long COVID when given soon after COVID infections:

Outpatient treatment of Covid-19 with metformin, ivermectin, and fluvoxamine and the development of Long Covid over 10-month follow-up

The Lancet Infectious Diseases

October 2023

"Post-COVID-19 condition (also known as long COVID) is an emerging chronic illness potentially affecting millions of people. We aimed to evaluate whether outpatient COVID-19 treatment with metformin, ivermectin, or fluvoxamine soon after SARS-CoV-2 infection could reduce the risk of long COVID.

"There was no effect on cumulative incidence of long COVID with ivermectin (HR 0·99, 95% CI 0·59–1·64) or fluvoxamine (1·36, 0·78–2·34) compared with placebo."

To our knowledge, this is the first randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial to evaluate the effect of outpatient COVID-19 treatment on the incidence of long COVID.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1473309923002992

On the other hand, the same research has shown that the diabetes drug metformin DID have a significant impact in reducing the risk of Long COVID:

Common diabetes drug shown to prevent long COVID

June 14, 2023

"A 14-day course of metformin, a common drug used to manage type 2 diabetes, prevents long COVID, according to a new study in The Lancet Infectious Diseases.

The promising results come from the COVID-OUT study, which looked at three readily available drugs: ivermectin, fluvoxamine, and metformin, for both COVID treatment and long-COVID prevention. All three drugs had shown antiviral properties in vivo against SARS-CoV-2, and all had been promising medical treatments for the virus, as they are cheap and safe.

Now, more than 2 years after the outpatients trial began, metformin is the only medical intervention in the study shown to prevent long COVID.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/common-diabetes-drug-shown-prevent-long-covid

Google search doesn't seem to find any mention of Cuomo and metformin together regarding COVID.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, BigBruv said:

Or poster guy for pushing the establishment narrative?

Most people have worked it out by now   👀

can i change that to "most SMART and critical thinking people who do not have complete acceptance of what the establishment tries to force people to believe".... have worked it out by now .

Unfortunately.... the masses still outnumber the critical thinkers .   Though no chance of changing the few unchangeable "minds"  on this forum ,  it does seem a number of members certainly are waking up ... as more REAL facts are getting through the cracks of the establishment wall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rumak said:

Unfortunately.... the masses still outnumber the critical thinkers

Let me change that for you.
Fortunately the logical thinkers and science believers still outnumber the conspiracy theorists.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, johng said:

The fact you do not realise/acknowledge what actually happened over the last 4 years says it all.

Perhaps you don't realise, I don't take much notice of your posts.....:cowboy:

15 hours ago, johng said:

Didn't I post this before ???

He was a poster boy for pushing vaccines and shaming popple who didn't want them or wanted to use alternatives..but has now very much changed his tune.

When he stopped receiving his corporate paychecks is when he changed his tune. That’s the key. 

And yet people don’t stop and ask themselves why or how that could be. They don’t ask themselves “maybe I am missing something here”. And it continues. 

• Thumbs Up 1