Austrian Man Detained for Overstaying Visa by 920 Days

webfact

5,000 lashes with the cane, 214,709 years and 3 months in the slammer and 500 Baht fine. 

If the immigration would be really doing their job, they could run a complete list of overstay alien and go after them. But it always needs a whisteblower, envying the alien or being jealous over something. 

The Austrian clocked almost three years and, if staying at hotels all the time, I wonder to whose nuisance he was living. Irrespective of that, that's the local law, cough up the fine and move on, Mr. Rothauer (that's his name actually as per the picture). Sans griesst! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chris Daley said:

I got an 11,000 baht visa fine.  The Nonthaburi immigration office looked at their own stamps done a year ago and disputed it.  Litterly a few desks apart in the office.  They gave me a choice of leave in 24 hours or pay the fine.  Animals.

what outcome did you expect? 0 baht fee and please stay for the next 10 years free of charge on us?

• Haha 1

OMG, only foreign criminals and fugitives are overstaying in Thailand for such a long time! There must be a good reason for that. Some of them have committed a crime in their home country, so they have escaped to Thailand to avoid being caught.

Does RTP have a database of all foreigners who are currently overstaying in Thailand?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

what outcome did you expect? 0 baht fee and please stay for the next 10 years free of charge on us?

"Free of charge" on whom?

You? You is "us"? Who is "us"?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Its hardly crime of the century. He could have just as well stayed 3 years by doing visa runs. Whats the difference? Except he saved himself the money and hassle of a trip to the border or Malaysia every now and then.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

OMG, only foreign criminals and fugitives are overstaying in Thailand for such a long time! There must be a good reason for that. Some of them have committed a crime in their home country, so they have escaped to Thailand to avoid being caught.

Does RTP have a database of all foreigners who are currently overstaying in Thailand?

Sure they have those data. 

But it's not an so "easy" effort for the ITs, and the administrative "cracks", to handle, and filtering it out.

If your main engagement is producing and shovel photocopies.

Edited by Maitdjai

2 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

I got an 11,000 baht visa fine.  The Nonthaburi immigration office looked at their own stamps done a year ago and disputed it.  Litterly a few desks apart in the office.  They gave me a choice of leave in 24 hours or pay the fine.  Animals.

Did you not check the visa yourself, before you left the office that issued it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

5,000 lashes with the cane, 214,709 years and 3 months in the slammer and 500 Baht fine. 

If the immigration would be really doing their job, they could run a complete list of overstay alien and go after them. But it always needs a whisteblower, envying the alien or being jealous over something. 

The Austrian clocked almost three years and, if staying at hotels all the time, I wonder to whose nuisance he was living. Irrespective of that, that's the local law, cough up the fine and move on, Mr. Rothauer (that's his name actually as per the picture). Sans griesst! 

How could he check in, anyway?

No tm30s?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Did he hit the jackpot now?

I think they should let him stay because of his skills to sail under radar.🙏

But he didn't sail under the radar. 

quote from the OP.

"The investigation was initiated based on local residents' tips about the harmful and destructive behavior of an alien, identified as Mr Harald. The suspect, who is suspected of being mentally unstable and a threat to society, did not have a fixed address and frequently stayed in hotels."

I wonder, if he had not caused any commotion, and was not reported to the Immigration Police, would they have even bothered looking for him.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

But he didn't sail under the radar. 

quote from the OP.

"The investigation was initiated based on local residents' tips about the harmful and destructive behavior of an alien, identified as Mr Harald. The suspect, who is suspected of being mentally unstable and a threat to society, did not have a fixed address and frequently stayed in hotels."

I wonder, if he had not caused any commotion, and was not reported to the Immigration Police, would they have even bothered looking for him.

Maybe he got mad because it was boring to hide such a long time.😂

(But going back to Austria is not as bad. Beginning summer. Edelweiss on the mountains, Wiener Schnitzel, and Sacher cake)

3 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

So Chris Daley thinks that Nonthaburi immigration are animals .

When will you be going to Nonthaburi immigration to get your next visa extension, Chris ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yeap.. This country is full of them bums with no future but being a nuisance to the public and causing problems, this

case looks like a one way ticket back to where he came from...

Another,im alright Jack aseannow member.Pathetic comment.

• Agree 1