800k Wise Transfer for Non 0 Visa

Posted (edited)

Yesterday I did a Wise transfer for my 800k 90 Day Non-O Imm Visa conversion from Visa Exempt.

My receipt from Wise today says, 'Local Bank Transfer'.

On-line my Bangkok Bank says, 'International Transfer'.

Bottom of bank screen says Disclaimer: The Transfer Reference is provided by the sender. The bank is not responsible for its content or appropriateness.

I have been in Thailand now almost a week.

Time now is of the essence, and it seems my local Immigration want a two-week seasoning period before submitting application.

Will this transfer be satisfactory?

All responses will be appreciated.

Edited by LosLobo

Posted (edited)

It's the Bangkok Bank description of "International Transfer" which is the one that will count for IMM purposes. So from that viewpoint you should be fine.

However, which immigration office is it that is insisting on a 2-week seasoning period for your non-O visa conversion application? Apart from Jomtien (which insists on a 2-month seasoning period in such circumstances) I am not aware of any other office which is insisting on any seasoning of the required 800k whatsoever.

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OJAS said:

It's the Bangkok Bank description of "International Transfer" which is the one that will count for IMM purposes. So from that viewpoint you should be fine.

However, which immigration office is it that is insisting on a 2-week seasoning period for your non-O visa conversion application? Apart from Jomtien (which insists on s 2-month seasoning period in such circumstances) I am not aware of any other office which is insisting on any seasoning of the required 800k whatsoever.

Thanks for response.
Ranong Immigration.

If you're concerned and want confirmation, take the passbook into any branch and have the clerk do a balance forward.

This will print recent transactions in the passbook.  The coding for the transfer should confirm an international transfer.

It's also possible to do this at the Passbook Update ATM outside the bank for both savings and fixed accounts.

8 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

If you're concerned and want confirmation, take the passbook into any branch and have the clerk do a balance forward.

This will print recent transactions in the passbook.  The coding for the transfer should confirm an international transfer.

It's also possible to do this at the Passbook Update ATM outside the bank for both savings and fixed accounts.

Thanks for response.

Closest BBK Bank is 2 hours return trip and I cannot get a new bank book unless I travel to Phuket.

Local bank just staples a new page in back of book.

10 hours ago, Upnotover said:

My transfers to k bank also show as local, but when I get a statement they are international. You'll need to get a statement I'm sure, not just your bank book.

Correct.

The issue with Bangkok bank is that they need several days to provide bank statement (ridiculous)

Kasikorn and most other banks can do it on the spot.. Thinking cost 200b.

You can also provide "credit advice" to show international transfer. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Correct.

The issue with Bangkok bank is that they need several days to provide bank statement (ridiculous)

Hi Dr Jack, what is credit advice and where do you get it?

10 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

That doesn't make any sense.

What local bank?

Where is the nearest mall?

Ranong Bangkok Bank.

Nearest Mall is in Ranong but there is no Bangkok Bank in the two malls there only in the local market area.

I live equidistant in Ranong between Ranong and Chumphon cities.

14 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

There's an example in this thread, but you'll likely need to go to the bank for it - might be worthwhile calling the bank helpline in advance to make sure it can be obtained on the spot, or that they can ensure it is produced ready for you to go pick up.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, LosLobo said:

On-line my Bangkok Bank says, 'International Transfer'.

Is this with web/pc/browser access? Or via the Bangkok Bank (BBL) mobile app? SMS?

Did you receive an SMS from BBL? What did that say?

IME web-based it says "International Transfer", mobile app says "International Funds Transfer", passbook says "FTT", SMS (from BANGKOKBANK SMSC) says I transferred nn,nnn THB (net) from abroad, Credit Advice Receipt (CAR) details the amount and source of the funds remitted.

I think you'll be able to prove that the source of the funds came from outside Thailand. I'd get documentation from the source bank, WISE and BBL.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

A credit advice is obtained from the receiving bank and a remittance advice comes from the remitting bank.

You can get a remittance advice from Wise fairly easily. Go to the transaction on the account and click on the 3 dots top right and select PDF receipt.

Much easier than dealing with a Thai bank and I believe quite a few use these for extensions.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Correct.

Krunsri 100b at CW

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Krunsri 100b at CW

Not sure if you are referring to bank statement listing all transactions for a year or bank letter for annual extension.

Most banks are 200 and 100 respectively

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Correct.

Bangkok Bank will do up to 6 months (I think, definitely 3 months as I get one for my extension) on the spot, its ones longer than this (e.g. some people need a 12 month statement for their extension) that take 7 days. 

OP, What is the 3 letter code entry in your Bangkok Bank book If it's FTT then you're good, if it's anything else (e.g. TRF) then I'd recommend printing the Wise Transfer receipts to take with you to Immigration.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Is this with web/pc/browser access? Or via the Bangkok Bank (BBL) mobile app? SMS?

Did you receive an SMS from BBL? What did that say?

IME web-based it says "International Transfer", mobile app says "International Funds Transfer", passbook says "FTT", SMS (from BANGKOKBANK SMSC) says I transferred nn,nnn THB (net) from abroad, Credit Advice Receipt (CAR) details the amount and source of the funds remitted.

I think you'll be able to prove that the source of the funds came from outside Thailand. I'd get documentation from the source bank, WISE and BBL.

Thanks for your response.

I checked my account on my web browser, my new mobile number will take another 5 days to update on the Bangkok Bank system, so I assume I cannot register for BBL app until then?

So no SMS from BKK Bank.

For source bank will online screen shot suffice?

The only mention a foreign bank in the Wise receipt is my overseas  address.

A screen print of the transaction in my Wise A/C shows the Foreign Currency amount and the equivalent amount in Thai Baht, will this be OK?

Edited by LosLobo

On 5/11/2024 at 1:44 PM, treetops said:

Some offices are said to accept Wise' printouts, some not.  If it helps. Wise detail on their website how to obtain the Foreign Exchange Transaction form which is the Thai bank issued proof and seems to be more bulletproof than the Wise document.

https://wise.com/help/articles/2932335/guide-to-thb-transfers

At my SCB branch I enquired about FET form and was told it is only used for sums in excess of 50k USD. So credit advice receipt from Bangkok bank is easiest to obtain in the OP's case.

On 5/10/2024 at 10:37 PM, DrJack54 said:

Only 12 month statements.
They can print off 6-month statements in branch within minutes.

• Agree 1

@LosLobo

Immigration will not accept screenshots.

Print off the Wise pdf receipt as explained by @sandyf above.

Have Bangkok Bank print off a 1 month statement, stamp and sign.
I'd also request the standard letter for Immigration.

For future reference, if transferring to BKK through Wise, always select the reason of the transfer as;

Reasonforfundstransfer..JPG.aa8e82f6e556c7ae4df5c6c2967b2cfb.JPG

Your passbook entries should then be coded as FTT (Foreign Telex Transfer), provided it was paid through Wise partner office at BKK.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, norbra said:

At my SCB branch I enquired about FET form and was told it is only used for sums in excess of 50k USD.

You were fobbed off, that simply isn't true.

15 hours ago, norbra said:

So credit advice receipt from Bangkok bank is easiest to obtain in the OP's case.

You can only obtain a 'credit advice' receipt from the bank where you hold an account.

If it was paid through another receiving bank into your branch account, then you need an FET (Foreign Exchange Transfer) form from the receiving bank.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Liquorice said:

You were fobbed off, that simply isn't true.

You can only obtain a 'credit advice' receipt from the bank where you hold an account.

If it was paid through another receiving bank into your branch account, then you need an FET (Foreign Exchange Transfer) form from the receiving bank.

I stated in my post that the information provided was intended for the OP's situation only

Screenshot_20240513_183647.jpg

1 minute ago, norbra said:

Screenshot_20240513_183647.jpg

Does the article have a date on it?  That appears a significant change if this article is correct.

On further reading it's mandatory to issue a FET if the value is over $50,000 USD.  Maybe lower value ones are a grey area or down to the bank local practices?

1 hour ago, norbra said:

I stated in my post that the information provided was intended for the OP's situation only

You completely misunderstand the OP's position and when an FET form may be required.

There are many ways to provide proof of an overseas transfer.

The OP already stated on his online bank account the 800K is coded as 'International transfer'. He doesn't need any more than that.

12 hours ago, Liquorice said:

You completely misunderstand the OP's position and when an FET form may be required.

There are many ways to provide proof of an overseas transfer.

The OP already stated on his online bank account the 800K is coded as 'International transfer'. He doesn't need any more than that.

Agreed