Anutin Joins PM in Pot Stand, Urges Arrests of Foreigners

webfact

6 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Honestly, are there  really  any farangs operating weed shops, or is this just another weak attempt at staying in the headlines?

He did not make the "farang" restriction, he referred to all "foreigners".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pomchop said:

Idea:  Lets start out by arresting mr red bull for killing a cop hyped on coke and speeding and then hiding in plain site for a decade or so...and lets also arrest all of the high placed enablers who have participated in protecting the uber wealthy from justice...

Once that is done then maybe go arrest a few pot dealers.

Vorayuth is not in this country so he cannot be arrested, the illegal foreign cannabis shop operators are.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, DjSilver said:

First off, I don't like these racist Thais. However, the only ones who will lose on this new cannabis law are Thais who own the cannabis stores. And this is something I support 🤣

First off, you should have read the OP, he is referring to cannabis shops that are illegally owned by foreigners, not those legally-owned by Thais.

6 hours ago, pomchop said:

Idea:  Lets start out by arresting mr red bull for killing a cop hyped on coke and speeding and then hiding in plain site for a decade or so...and lets also arrest all of the high placed enablers who have participated in protecting the uber wealthy from justice...

Once that is done then maybe go arrest a few pot dealers.

or go shoot a few along with general populous who get in the way - the crim ex PM could be consulted for advice on how to undertake this and wipe your hands clean of any responsibility.    

6 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Much more to come on this. The fact remains, cannabis is far less harmful than cigarettes, alcohol and crystal meth, and has beneficial medical use.

That is not the issue, the OP is about foreigners illegally running these businesses.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Dioj said:

Thus, operating shops selling weed for recreational use can only be owned, operated, and profited by locals moving forward is the real underlying message here. Fine, if that's the real agenda then stop pretending that wide spread use of cannabis in Thailand is harming society, is damaging public image, is a health and safety risk, blah, blah, blah. If it is all just bluster to simply squeeze foreigners out of a hugely lucrative US$1 billion business that they want the locals to dominate then they should stop all the buffoonerous flip-flopping about the cannabis laws and stop pretending it's all about cannabis being a health and safety risk to local society.

Also, nothing new in Thailand. So all the foreign run cannabis businesses will now have to bring locals into their businesses to insure the locals are getting a larger piece of the pie. This is actually something that has been done for years. Bring in foreign knowledge and experience to start with in order to develop an industry new to Thailand and once the locals have gleaned all the skills needed to do it themselves then they no longer feel they need to exploit the foreigners now involved who taught them the new techniques and methods to grow a new industry that they had no knowledge of before. 

Also, Srettha, and the rest of the PT goons, are probably only acting as if they want to make it an illegal narcotic again because they are pandering to their base of anti-cannabis supporters. At the end of the day they know the cannabis genie is not going back in bottle, but, when the laws aren't changed later, then they can at least say that they attempted to live up to their campaign promises, but they were blocked by other uncooperative parties in the coalition. It's always about the blame game and not about having any morals or values, doing things they claim are in the best interest of civil society, or even doing or achieving anything that they originally promised. It's always only about individual personal interests of "public servants" and political arse covering. 

In other words, it's career politicians playing politics. That's what they do in every country on Earth.

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Vorayuth is not in this country so he cannot be arrested, the illegal foreign cannabis shop operators are.

can you guarantee that?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:
17 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He did not make the "farang" restriction, he referred to all "foreigners".

Po TAY to, po TAH to. C'mon, you're just being pedantic and looking for an argument. You know exactly what I meant.

No, I was not.  There have been reports of non-"farang" foreigners - Asians - being illegally-involved in these businesses and Anutin's remarks were not aimed at "farangs".

If I had wanted to be pedantic I'd ask who the fck says "po-TAH-to.  Isn't the usual comparison, "tuh-MAY-tow, toh-MAH-tow"?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Ever the xenophobe! Was just praising him on another thread in standing up for weed, but he’s capitulated with this knob of a pm and can’t help himself but attack foreigners. Anyone should be arrested for operating an illegal weed shop, shouldn’t they?

I hope the government gets of serious reprisals for dialling it back and screwing with people’s lives. 

Don't weed outlets come under the same law as reserved occupation for Thais only???????? Not sure.

5 minutes ago, Artisi said:
24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

can you guarantee that?

I can guarantee that if he is not in Thailand he cannot be arrested by Thai authorities and I can guarantee that the illegal cannabis shop owners are in Thailand.  

• Confused 1

Just now, Lopburikid said:

Don't weed outlets come under the same law as reserved occupation for Thais only???????? Not sure.

It's not specifically a reserved occupation, but only Thai nationals can register cannabis businesses and to be legal they have to be registered.

• Thanks 1

yep just like the defamation warning.....do something ILLEGAL is ANY country and you will likely be i trouble.....'

in related news water is wet....kudos to the new merger........sigh.....quality content here...smh

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I was not.  There have been reports of non-"farang" foreigners - Asians - being illegally-involved in these businesses and Anutin's remarks were not aimed at "farangs".

If I had wanted to be pedantic I'd ask who the fck says "po-TAH-to.  Isn't the usual comparison, "tuh-MAY-tow, toh-MAH-tow"?

Like I said, just looking for an argument.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

The whole process for legalization was poorly planned and not managed at all. I smoke, but pot shops lining the streets? Terrible. We saw many teens buying weed. We're guessing many just launder money. Never any customers, so can't be making money.

Absolutely FUBAR.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's not specifically a reserved occupation, but only Thai nationals can register cannabis businesses and to be legal they have to be registered.

Probably do it like all the other businesses owned by foreigners. Just register it under your Thai partners name?

Quite a few pissed off Russians then, hopefully will turn a few weed shops back into a viable business like a 7/11.

Jimbo has hit the nail on the head.

There will be  frantic behind the scenes discussions with the hundreds of Thai nominee cannabis shop owners 

who have their 51% shareholding on the books of farang owned & operated businesses but who do not get anywhere near their 51% dividend.

The big boys in the business (who also grow & distribute) will be checking that their lease on the land is watertight along with ensuring that their Thai shareholders get their just dues Ie, 51%

Question: I presume all cannabis shops are properly licenced, which Government Dept has been given this task?

7 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

This is why the Pakistanis in the UK open shops side by side to each other, mainly empty, they are selling Indian Curry and KFC style takeaways, very few people buy from them, but they carry the air of respectability and are a ' front ' to launder their drug proceeds, which is by far, their prime source of revenue. The Police are well aware of it.

I've been inside them, unfriendly guys with beards sat behind the counters playing with their I phone, surprised when somebody walks in and places an order.

Not that different from Thailand. Lots of Indian tailor shops with virtually no customers.

Half of  the Indian restaurants in "Indiatown" in Pattaya Tai are almost always empty. How fresh is their food?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Much more to come on this. The fact remains, cannabis is far less harmful than cigarettes, alcohol and crystal meth, and has beneficial medical use.

The words of a true puffer..........😂

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Don't think a falang is superior to other foreigners. All non Thais are put in the same bucket fyi. But belive the opposite if it makes you feel better and get rid of the falang complex when walking on the street.🤣

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1