I think Thailand should only allow cannabis in Public hospitals for medical purposes.

4 minutes ago, Deerculler said:

I have had CBD oil from a hospital.

Yes, from the GPO, been around for a few years. THC, CBD and 50:50 versions

https://www.gpo.or.th/view/21

CBD oil is being used to treat meth drug abusers...

Thailand tokes on new approach: CBD-infused Marijuana oil to fight drug addiction

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/marijuana-oil-used-for-drug-addiction-recovery

208ffbbe32c6a1f0c2f269d5e46ead42.png

2 hours ago, Davedub said:

As a healthy, informed adult I thoroughly resent being told by a government what I can and cannot imbibe. No government has any business whatsoever doing so; it is my body and it is my choice, not theirs

Same goes for self righteous posters on internet forums 

6 minutes ago, ThailandYoda said:

WOW don't like difference of opinion? Thin skinned? How do you know they are weed addicted? So you must be an alcoholic right? Your body your choice. Their body their choice 

He forgot to add "comments only welcome from like minded others who agree"   in his original post

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/11/2024 at 8:19 PM, advancebooking said:

So the government is rightly doing a backflip on the mess caused by Mr Auntin. Its been a balls-up from the start but what do you expect from him. 

The solution to the problem is to only have medical cannabis distributed by clinics in Thai government hospitals throughout the country. Close ALL other retail shops

Its the only viable solution. The government should pay compensation to retail shops when closing. End of story. 

Thoughts?

No they haven't flip flopped.   Public dispensaries are convenient, and promote competitive pricing, hopefully.   Same as public / out of hospital pharmacies.   Do you really want have to register at a hospital.   Q up at 0600 hrs, if not earlier, to get the Q for services that start at 0830 hrs, and wait 3 hours, hopefully, to see a doc, to get a script, to get a small supply, only to repeat next month.

I think not

On 5/11/2024 at 8:24 PM, Jingthing said:

No.

Just regulate it better to not sell to underage, control imports, and get tax out of every sale.

Any proof that the regulations have failed.  No system will be perfect, but not a whole lot of news-blips of the system being abused.  And they should be getting tax out of every sale now, along with license fees.

• Agree 1

So the government is rightly doing a backflip on the mess caused by Mr Auntin. Its been a balls-up from the start but what do you expect from him. 

The solution to the problem is to only have medical cannabis distributed by clinics in Thai government hospitals throughout the country. Close ALL other retail shops

Its the only viable solution. The government should pay compensation to retail shops when closing. End of story. 

Thoughts?

What about shops and bars selling alcohol and cigarettes ?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/13/2024 at 1:56 PM, spidermike007 said:

Sounds like you possess a tremendous misunderstanding about the facts. I know people like my mother for instance who had degenerative spine disease and ganja helped her tremendously to deal with the pain on a day-to-day basis. You think it really would have been realistic for her to go to the hospital every time to get a puff? For what, $1000? Ganja is such an innocent drug and it helps so many people in countless ways. If there's some recreational use of it big deal, this is so overblown and this is not Reefer Madness. No reason for us to go back in time 100 years. Wouldn't you rather see some forward movement in society? 

$1000? Govt hospitals are cheap in thaliand. This topic is not about the USA

• Confused 1

On 5/11/2024 at 9:59 PM, advancebooking said:

Moderators... please delete all off topic posts from weed addicted members whose only argument is to compare a drug such as cannabis to alcohol and cigs. Can all people commenting on my valid opinion above, please keep to the topic. thanks

Please post any data you have that indicates cannabis is more of a public health hazard than cigarettes or alcohol.

I don't have any skin in this discussion, cannabis does nothing for me.

Your statement of a "valid opinion" begs the question.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, advancebooking said:

please stay on topic. This post is about weed. duh

Well, if someone wants to ban weed when alcohol and cigarettes are legal and do way more damage then cannabis then it's a very valid argument to bring them up. Booze is even worse than heroin when it comes to the damage it does to the addicted and their social environment! It's the epitome of hypocrisy! 

• Thanks 2

On 5/11/2024 at 3:39 PM, Phat Dawg said:

Since alcohol and cigarettes have no medical use, and they pose definite health risks to people of all ages, then just ban those completely. In fact, ban anything that has no medical use. Hub of bans. 

Alcohol actually does have a medicinal purpose, it's used as a disinfectant. I agree, though, if alcohol and cigarettes are legal then so should be cannabis.

• Agree 1

Thoughts?

Agree. And hospital beer bars are the only viable solution to alcohol. 

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2024 at 6:43 PM, advancebooking said:

please stay on topic. This post is about weed. duh

Ridiculous comment. The comparison between the effects of consuming alcohol and smoking cigarettes with the effect of using cannabis is very much on topic. Either pay attention, or refrain from totally irrelevant observations

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thoughts?

And the same with alcohol!!! So it can be only used for desinfection!!!

Edited by snowgard
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Loving this discussion, but banning cannabis is being pursued as a moral issue, much more than as a health issue.

The government and a big part of the middle and upper class view THC intoxication as wrong to do. It may be hypocritical to view cigarettes and booze as OK, but just like in the states, among conservative people, most opposers are very comfortable with that double-standard. Constantly reiterating about that double standard is pointless.

There is no desire to toss a new vice in the mix, and a lot of pushback against it. Weed is net/net bad for you. This is undebatable. Arguing that it's not fatal-level bad is a very weak argument. Likewise, huffily complaining, "well, it's not bad for ME, personally". I am 100% for full legalization, btw.

This is a Buddhist country and Big B was def down on intoxicants. Likewise gambling. The concern about the young is genuine. I was surprised that weed ever got legalized. I won't be surprised if it's not in a year.

I hear a lot about harmlessness in this chat, but can anyone point to a societal net gain from weed?

Jobs? Mostly low paying, dead end crappy jobs. Tourism? Amsterdam is moving away from weed tourism and is still packed out, as would be Phuket. Money? For whom? Foreigners? The tax base?

Short version: What's in it for the Thai Middle Class? They don't want their kids near it and they don't like seeing stores with cartoony leaves on a sign out front.

How would you convince them otherwise?

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 9:12 AM, jonclark said:

If you ban it outright ( and remember there is a huge oversupply issue) it will just go back on the black market for sale and society will receive no benifit at all. 

If you ban it outright, there will def be much less cannabis use, partic among Thai people. When I lived in England, where it was much less available, I smoked a lot less weed.

The premise that the black market is immune to suppression is very specious. It's not 100% effective, but it's not wholly ineffective.

You may seen weed use reduction as "no benefit" but many Thai people -who vote- disagree with you.

The growing mood I get here is along the lines of: "We've catered to the whities too much for too long. MTGA."

Make Thailand Great Again.

It's amusing to see so many MAGA righties here arguing that's what's sauce for the goose back home is not -and can never be- sauce for the gander where they are currently enjoying a cheapskate paradise.

Edited by Prubangboy
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Prubangboy said:

If you ban it outright, there will def be much less cannabis use, partic among Thai people. When I lived in England, where it was much less available, I smoked a lot less weed.

The premise that the black market is immune to suppression is very specious. It's not 100% effective, but it's not wholly ineffective.

You may seen weed use reduction as "no benefit" but many Thai people -who vote- disagree with you.

The growing mood I get here is along the lines of: "We've catered to the whities too much for too long. MTGA."

Make Thailand Great Again.

It's amusing to see so many MAGA righties here arguing that's what's sauce for the goose back home is not -and can never be- sauce for the gander where they are currently enjoying a cheapskate paradise

"MTGA" ..."catered to the whities too long" 

As a fluent Thai speaker reader, and writer who has lived here for over 25 years, please do not be offended when I politely suggest that you are talking absolute boll**ks.

To add..please remember that legalisation if cannabis was a flagship election policy of BT party which recived 5 million votes (highest number of votes it has ever received) in the last election.  

Edited by jonclark
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I think Thailand should only allow alcohol in public hospitals for medical purposes (wound disinfection).

Edited by JackGats
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, JackGats said:

I think Thailand should only allow alcohol in public hospitals for medical purposes (wound disinfection).

So the Drs are expected to crack open a Chang and apply the contents to an open wound? Is that the idea? 

• Thumbs Up 1