Israeli Pensioner Robbed and Abandoned by Motorcycle Taxi in Thai Tourist Town

webfact

1 hour ago, Aussie999 said:

Removed... double post... there seems an issue with this sites Submit feature.

Yes, it's happening frequently recently.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why is he reported as an israeli? What difference does his nationality make?

Maybe to point out the language difficulties with the cops. ...:coffee1:

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Irony alert

Another disrespectful comment. 

Surely there are some adults on this thread, all I get are children replying. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's normal for the nationality to be reported. Otherwise, why do they always mention that they were Brit, German, American etc?

(Although this guy's surname sounds Bulgarian/east European).

Edited by Andrew65

1 hour ago, impulse said:

The Israeli guy's braver than me.  I think long and hard before I hop on a scooter taxi past one or 2 km, especially if it involves the open road and any speed at all.

Agree, and at 81 and not slightly built either. 

2 hours ago, hwas said:

Side comment:  What is an 81 year old man doing using a motorbike taxi for touring?  30+ people a day killed in accidents, mostly involving motorcycles 

Yep, in my 20 years there I almost totally avoided using motorcycles either as a driver or passenger.

2 hours ago, cowellandrew said:

Ah a case of up the Jordan without a paddle!

I got bored of the river to the sea chanting every Saturday about 15 weeks ago here!

The irony here that none of those who chant the 'River to the sea' BS would know what river or sea they are parroting about,

and if they knew, and were given a map, they would be able to point where are those 'river or sea'...

7 minutes ago, neeray said:

Some of us find it difficult to communicate with a poster who is so disrespectful of the elderly.

Well said!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, neeray said:

Some of us find it difficult to communicate with a poster who is so disrespectful of the elderly.

What did I say that was disrespectful of the elderly? 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

And the sun shines out of your anal orifice, no doubt.

Bahahaha, Another comment from the school yard playground. 

Bloody comedian 😂

Grow up. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, SAFETY FIRST said:

an 80 year man is an old guy. 

Listen precious, why don't you get back to school, learn the language and grow up. 

I'm not a Troll, I have an opinion, be RESPECTFUL to other members 😡

"Other members" seem to agree about your disrespect, whereas my comments seem to garner respect. I turned 103 last week and still like to get laid a couple times a week, walk my dog vigorously several times each day and go out dancing twice a month. I consider myself a senior or elder, NOT an old guy. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Classic victim blaming; assuming without any knowledge, that the whole incident was the fault of the victim.

I have lived in Thailand for 19 years, I have never seen any Jew hatred amongst Thais. Could be because most Thais don't even know what a Jew is, look at Hitler chicken, poster of Hitler with super heros on University campus, etc,  This was naivety not hate.  But with farang, it is a different story, it is rampant especially since October 7th.. 

Move one country to the south of Thailand, Israelis are banned from entering Malaysia, Palestinian flags flying on many buildings, and rampant Jew hatred running wild.. (The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree when you look at Penny Wong.) 

The journalist who wrote this might have thought he would get more hits putting in an Israeli.. but maybe he is one of the very few that said "Israeli" due to Jew hatred.

https://focusmalaysia.my/when-flying-the-israeli-flag-is-now-a-crime-in-malaysia-but-ok-with-the-palestinian-flag/

19 minutes ago, aussiebrian said:

I have lived in Thailand for 19 years, I have never seen any Jew hatred amongst Thais. Could be because most Thais don't even know what a Jew is, look at Hitler chicken, poster of Hitler with super heros on University campus, etc,  This was naivety not hate.  But with farang, it is a different story, it is rampant especially since October 7th.. 

Move one country to the south of Thailand, Israelis are banned from entering Malaysia, Palestinian flags flying on many buildings, and rampant Jew hatred running wild.. (The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree when you look at Penny Wong.) 

The journalist who wrote this might have thought he would get more hits putting in an Israeli.. but maybe he is one of the very few that said "Israeli" due to Jew hatred.

https://focusmalaysia.my/when-flying-the-israeli-flag-is-now-a-crime-in-malaysia-but-ok-with-the-palestinian-flag/

I agree Jew hatred isn't a thing among Thais and is extreme in Malaysia but it would have been a journalistic error not to mention the foreign nationality whatever it is.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hoping to use Anti Semitism I suppose , they use it for everything else

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, neeray said:

"Other members" seem to agree about your disrespect, whereas my comments seem to garner respect. I turned 103 last week and still like to get laid a couple times a week, walk my dog vigorously several times each day and go out dancing twice a month. I consider myself a senior or elder, NOT an old guy. 🤣

I assume you're taking the piss but if not you're a hero.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

He had travelled from Pattaya to Sattahip for sightseeing, hiring a motorcycle taxi from Soi Buakhao in Pattaya

It seems that he actually was driven to Sattahip by the motorcycle taxi. Did he actually pay for the ride, or did the driver take the passengers mobile phone as collatteral for missing payment?

1 minute ago, Xonax said:

It seems that he actually was driven to Sattahip by the motorcycle taxi. Did he actually pay for the ride, or did the driver take the passengers mobile phone as collatteral for missing payment?

Why would you assume such a thing?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, neeray said:

That's a better explanation, thank you. 

I will be more careful next time describing senior citizens in articles. 

I don't mean to offend anyone.

I am always willing to learn and listen. 

Have a nice day. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1