Trang man wins 72 million baht lottery jackpot

george

winwin.webp

A man from Trang struck it rich after scooping 72 million baht in the latest lottery draw. He also won additional prizes, making his total winnings even more substantial.

The Government Lottery Office announced the results of the lottery draw this afternoon. The winning number for the first prize was 205690. The three-digit front prizes were 885 and 747, while the three-digit back prizes were 137 and 070. The two-digit prize was 60.

A live broadcast by Lottery Plus showcased the lottery draw. The first prize consisted of 12 tickets, amounting to 72 million baht. The lucky winner is Lert from Na Yong district in Trang province. Lert bought the tickets at 2.30pm yesterday.

Upon discovering his windfall, Lert was contacted by Not, a lottery application owner who congratulated him on his immense luck, reported KhaoSod.

Lert expressed his desire for Not to visit him at Na Yong Hospital to hand over the winnings.

In related news, lottery enthusiasts are in a frenzy as the much-anticipated Chinese calendar lottery numbers have surfaced, promising potential wealth in the upcoming draw. The Chinese calendar, an often-referenced guide for those seeking lucky numbers, has released four editions worth scrutinising for the next big win.

The Chinese calendar, historically a source of lucky lottery numbers, has once again captured the attention of lottery aficionados. As the draw approaches, speculation mounts about which numbers will emerge as the celebrated winners.

In other news, at a housewarming ceremony in Kalasin province, the mystical numbers generated from candle wax droplets have captivated the local community, with many lottery enthusiasts eager to see if the digits will bring them luck in the upcoming draw.

In the district of Mueang, Kalasin, at the residence marked number 182 in village number 7, a significant Buddhist ceremony was held to bless a new home.

-- The Thaiger 2024-05-16

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would have thought buying 12 different numbers would give you better odds

of winning something , this time it worked ....but  , now he will have many new

friends coming to see him , hope he is sensible with his winnings , many are

not and soon blow it .

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

not and soon blow it .

regards Worgeordie

My wife buys them like this guy. She's never won anything. At all. Period.

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

My wife buys them like this guy. She's never won anything. At all. Period.

But she is still happy, and she loves you. What more can you ask for. 😉 

• Haha 2

Know someone that won big on this. Pretty rare though. Dunno if there’s an option to remain anonymous but I wouldn’t be telling anyone bar close relatives that I’d won ‘a bit’. Broadcasting it is asking for trouble. 

Aside: Do wish the Thais would stop this hardon for everything China… Chinese new year, the Chinese calendar, lucky Chinese numbers blah blah. Enough already, you’re your own beast ff,s. 

How many times has the big winner just happen to buy  10-15-20 tickets of the winning number?

If it happend once ok......

But it happens often very often, impossibly often..

The Thai lottery looks like a scam to me for the big big winners.....O sure they let regular people win sometimes to make it all look legit....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

How many times has the big winner just happen to buy  10-15-20 tickets of the winning number?

If it happend once ok......

But it happens often very often, impossibly often..

The Thai lottery looks like a scam to me for the big big winners.....O sure they let regular people win sometimes to make it all look legit....

A scam - where large numbers of money are involved - surely not!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, george said:

Upon discovering his windfall, Lert was contacted by Not, a lottery application owner who congratulated him on his immense luck, reported KhaoSod.

12 hours ago, george said:

Lert expressed his desire for Not to visit him at Na Yong Hospital to hand over the winnings.

A lottery application owner ??

Would have thought any app selling digital lottery would be owned or run by the GLO ??

Why hand over the winnings at a hospital ? Did he donate it all to them 🙄

This is the second or third young guy that has seemingly won doing the lottery this way in last few months . Guy before won 90 million from buying 15 numbers the same and looked about similar age to this guy . So either these guys are very lucky , are spending tens of thousands every lottery buying numbers or something is a bit suspect with this way of buying online .

14 hours ago, george said:

It is probably a lot wiser to go to the lottery office in Bangkok and collect the prize money there.

14 hours ago, worgeordie said:

not and soon blow it .

regards Worgeordie

A blessing or a curse.. hope he's smart.

While looking at this article I thought about the 2 guys that stole 25 million dollars in 12 seconds that were caught the other day . They came up with a program to receive people's bitcoin transfers the second they were sent .

Then from all the hacks etc on government sites here I thought how difficult would it be for someone to make up that winning numbers had been bought days before the draw , when they were put into a system after the draw number came out and the program was designed to make the system think they were bought before the draw.

Surely not the most difficult thing for some computer nerd to make and hide their trail.