Is a new TM 30 needed after returning to my home address after overseas trip please?

I assume a TM30 is filed for me at the hotel I stay at overnight in Bangkok, en route to Chiang Rai.

There does not seem to be any requirement to do a new TM30 in Chiang Rai.

7 hours ago, CMBob said:

CM in general follows the June 2020 police order and as long as you return to your TM30 registered address from either (1) abroad presuming you enter with a re-entry permit or (2) from a hotel/whatever within Thailand that has filed the usual TM30 for you, then you don't need to do anything; however, that being said, when you have stayed at a hotel/whatever in Thailand that has filed the usual TM30 for you, it's hit or miss whether a 90-day online filing will be rejected (even in that case, you can still file the TM47 in person without messing with the TM30 routine).

Living in Chiang Mai, I found that the practical solution is to set up online filing for TM30, then file whenever staying overnight in a hotel or returning from abroad. Online filing is quite easy once you get the hang of it

6 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Nope. The TM30 has been around for ages. Even a house book does not supersede it, even though it should. Out of district refile. If you are in a more modern place they have it more automated now though. For the OP, definitely on a new entry.

Maybe the TM30 dates to 1979, but before it only practically concerned hotels. There was no enforced requirement for foreigners living at home to report themselves until after the last coup.

The only item I can add is that when I returned last December from the US, then went into Chiang Mai to get my Non-O visa, I was 4 days late for TM30 reporting and they fined me 1900 THB.  I returned home to my wife at our house.  What I did not understand is why they did not have this form at the airport when I re-entered Thailand.

2 minutes ago, koratkarlos said:

The only item I can add is that when I returned last December from the US, then went into Chiang Mai to get my Non-O visa, I was 4 days late for TM30 reporting and they fined me 1900 THB.  I returned home to my wife at our house.  What I did not understand is why they did not have this form at the airport when I re-entered Thailand.

I asked the same question when I got detained by Immigration for not reporting an address change within the allotted time, their answer was I should have checked the requirements before arriving in Thailand.

On 5/18/2024 at 12:55 PM, DrJack54 said:

I renewed my pp couple of months ago.

Had visa info and stamps transferred at CW. 

NO TM30 required 

Jack, when you had BKK CW transfer your stamps into the new passport recently, did they require you at the time to provide documentary evidence of your Thai bank account deposit having remained above the 800K requirement or of monthly foreign transfers?

BKK CW was doing that, much to my surprise, when I went there to handle the transition my new passport about two years ago. At that time, an IO and her supervisor informed me that was going to be their new policy from then on.... But don't know that I've seen much on the topic since then.

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But don't know that I've seen much on the topic since then.

I have been posting as much as I can giving heads up about this "new requirement" 

They made me go downstairs to bank and make deposit into my FD and Savings account.

I use money in bank method and 800k+ all year round..

To be fair they photocopied my bank book pages back to my last extension date.

I pointed to the requirements on back of the form for requirements to transfer into to new pp.

The banking requirement was not shown. 

I just happened to have my bank book with me. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I just happened to have my bank book with me. 

That was the same with me two years ago... I had brought my retirement extension deposits bankbook with me and the linked ATM card, just in case, even though I had no reason at that time to expect I'd need them for doing a passport stamps transfer....

Had I not followed my eternal approach to dealing with BKK CW documentation -- better to be safe than sorry -- I would have ended up with a wasted trip that day and then would have had to return the next day with my bank stuff in hand. 

Thanks for confirming the ongoing presence of that unfortunate policy of theirs.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/18/2024 at 12:59 PM, cjinchiangrai said:

The full rules say you need a new one to cancel one from a hotel.

On 5/18/2024 at 1:32 PM, cjinchiangrai said:

The TM30 has been around for ages. Even a house book does not supersede it, even though it should. Out of district refile. If you are in a more modern place they have it more automated now though. For the OP, definitely on a new entry.

Can you post a link to these 'full' rules?

Since Immigration published the new TM30 regulations in 2020, I haven't seen anything different.

1 hour ago, koratkarlos said:

If you were applying for a Non O, then entering was a new entry.

As the varied experiences above reveal,while there may be written regulations but the individual office are laws unto themselves. They are an effective monopoly for us that have a home family at a constant home address.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

If you still have the receipt for the THB 1,900 fine I would be interested in seeing the part of the page tha states the reason for the fine.

I doubt very much that THB 1,900 is the correct fine for the late submission of the TM.30 notification.

32 minutes ago, edwardflory said:

As posted MANY times.  Depends on your LOCAL IO policy.  Find out BEFORE you leave the country.

32 minutes ago, edwardflory said:

As posted MANY times.  Depends on your LOCAL IO policy.  Find out BEFORE you leave the country.

Or the mood of the individual Immigration Officer you are dealing with.

• Like 1