UK Passport Renewal Time

I will be back in Thailand next month for 6 weeks and i need to renew my passport while i am here.

I want to know if anybody has renewed their UK passport recently and how long did it take?

• Haha 1

The last renewal was for my Son, it took 4 weeks... 

But I have heard of longer...    and you never know who's going to go on strike with this lot.. 

As you still have a month before you depart from the UK for Thailand, why not renew in the UK ? 

That would remove the potential stress about waiting for it while you are here.

You can book a fast-track renewal (1 day or 1 week).

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, wlx said:

My passport application was submitted 22 Apr.

PP arrived at VFS 7 May

Maybe I'm misreading the OP.

Seems he is currently in UK and wishing to renew pp while still there prior to upcoming trip to Thailand? 

Don't know why he is asking in this forum 

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I will be back in Thailand next month for 6 weeks and i need to renew my passport while i am over there.

I want to know if anybody has renewed their UK passport from Thailand recently and how long did it take?

I work in the KSA and would like to renew my passport in Thailand as it is easier.

So, it looks like a 3-4 week turnaround. Has the VFS application center moved to a new building?

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

8 hours ago, CharlieH said:

MOVED

7 hours ago, stubuzz said:

I work in the KSA and would like to renew my passport in Thailand as it is easier.

So, it looks like a 3-4 week turnaround. Has the VFS application center moved to a new building?

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, stubuzz said:

Ah, that explains it... 

BTW - as you work overseas - you know you can get a second passport ??... this eradicates the issue you are facing with working overseas, but needing to renew a passport but not having a great deal of time to do so while still needing your passport for travel.

To your specific question:

Passport renewal in Bangkok is still have VFS at the Trendy Building, on Sukhimvit Soi 13 (Bangkok).

You'll need to email VFS and book an appointment.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

The usual hold up is in getting an appointment to submit. If you are available all and any day, no problem, but want a specific tme to submit on a particular day, you may need to wait 2 weeks.

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Maybe I'm misreading the OP.

Seems he is currently in UK and wishing to renew pp while still there prior to upcoming trip to Thailand? 

You've misread the op. He wants to renew after he arrives in Thailand. Why, no-one knows. Should do it while still in the UK.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ah, that explains it... 

BTW - as you work overseas - you know you can get a second passport ??... this eradicates the issue you are facing with working overseas, but needing to renew a passport but not having a great deal of time to do so while still needing your passport for travel.

To your specific question:

Passport renewal in Bangkok is still have VFS at the Trendy Building, on Sukhimvit Soi 13 (Bangkok).

You'll need to email VFS and book an appointment.

they have moved , new address is in an earlier post

Just now, stubuzz said:

Any idea how far in advance i can book my submission appointment?

If I recall they do it on a month by month basis, so maybe have not

opened up June bookings yet. Good if you can get it fixed before

you arrive.

Its coming up to the holiday season in the UK, which is when the

great unwashed suddenly realise their passport have expired, so

HMPO busier than usual.

10 hours ago, clarty boots said:

I made my application at VFS Bangkok 24th April and received an email on 2nd May to say it was ready for collection, so a very quick turnaround.

Damn, that is quick, they made me wait more than 12 weeks last time. Good job I renewed it with much more than the usual 6 months leeway remaining at the end.

Of course they were on strike, covid was a thing, etc all at the same time I needed a new passport.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

just dropped my passport off today with an agent in Pattaya, 11,000thb all in for a standard one and 12,000thb all in for a jumbo, they do all the paperwork and copying and pay for the passport, lets see how long it takes to arrive back

I was thinking of doing it myself as i am off to Bangkok next month for a few days, close to the new vfs place, but decided against it

Edited by steve187