British Tourist Injured in Gang Attack on Bangla Road, Patong

webfact

5 hours ago, AdamRich said:

Stop arguing with the locals!

Yes, agree but sometimes one has to and yes even all families have arguments but soon forgotten but everywhere in the world why do so many go out with weapons on them and not self- defense.
Very very sad and under the influence of drugs and Alchol and then drive off.

24 minutes ago, Slocum said:

Agreed..cultural different...learn to be humble... don't try to get smart...Learning the hard way..sadly

100% correct.

Arrogance begets Ignorance - an intelligent person goes from awesome to ignorant in five seconds, flat. 

Just now, Cereal said:

I don't care about who started it, the cowardice of Thai men is staggering. 

cowards they are mate!

they always hunt in packs,

one on one they are soft as butter!

bob.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cereal said:

I don't care about who started it, the cowardice of Thai men is staggering. 

Agree - on that same note, arrogance of some foreigners is more than staggering!

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, michaellee said:

I concur. When they are with a girl they dont shut up and talk about his life and life in England. They are not interested in your sad life miserable lonely life back home, all they want is your brown note. Learn to STFU!

Unlike the loudest voices in the bar - "Hey, man......." (You know who I'm talking about! The ones who  have to let everyone within walking distance listen to their dialog (missspelt on purpose - hint no 2!))

• Thanks 1

Well by 0440 hrs tourists guests ect would be in their beds 🛌 

So if you are out drinking alcohol at this time and see some Thais doing the same  don't say  anything or get involved go your own way 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ravip said:

Agree - on that same note, arrogance of some foreigners is more than staggering!

could you not just have said you agreed with his comment?

stop deflecting!

a british person was almost killed by a gang of thai thugs wielding knives.

That is unforgiveable and has nothing to do with the so called arrogance of foreigners.

Just call a spade a spade and admit that thai men in groups whilst intoxicated are dangerous!

The swiss david incident is nothing compared to this!!

but of course, thai's dont care about that.

it doesn't suit their narrative. 

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

could you not just have said you agreed with his comment?

stop deflecting!

a british person was almost killed by a gang of thai thugs wielding knives.

That is unforgiveable and has nothing to do with the so called arrogance of foreigners.

Just call a spade a spade and admit that thai men in groups whilst intoxicated are dangerous!

The swiss david incident is nothing compared to this!!

but of course, thai's dont care about that.

it doesn't suit their narrative. 

bob.

stop deflecting! - NOT at all.

could you not just have said you agreed with his comment? -  calling a spade a spade.

4 hours ago, cookie1974 said:

So that makes it ok to stab someone then?

LOL this exact argument happens with every article of every fight in Thailand on this forum.  "Thais do this" and "Brits do that."  LOL enjoy the freak show and relax.  

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Patong authorities are actively pursuing a group of men linked to a violent assault on Bangla Road, which resulted in injuries to a British tourist early yesterday morning. The altercation occurred in the vicinity of a 7-Eleven near Soi Sea Dragon around 4:40 am.

Upon police arrival, Charlie Faulkner, a British tourist, was discovered with a stab wound on his lower left side. Responders from the Kusoldharm Foundation provided initial medical aid and transported him to Patong Hospital for further treatment.

According to witnesses, Faulkner had engaged in a dispute with a group of Thai men prior to the stabbing. Following the attack, the assailants fled, leaving Faulkner to seek refuge within the 7-Eleven premises.

In response, Patong police have assembled an investigative team to review surveillance footage from the area, aiming to identify and apprehend the individuals involved in the assault.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Chanan Mekchai emphasized their commitment, stating, "We are diligently analyzing CCTV recordings and compiling essential evidence to ensure accountability for those responsible."

The investigation remains ongoing, with authorities urging anyone with pertinent information to come forward and aid in the resolution of the case.

Picture courtesy: Daily News

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-20

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Off course at 4am it will be stabbing. Anywhere at 4am you got more chance meeting the dregs of society.

1 hour ago, Cabradelmar said:

it is you that has no clue of what actually happened, unless you miraculously saw the CCTV footage (that no one else has seen)...

What post are you actually replying to? I think you need to collect your thoughts, we weren't even debating the actual incident.

Pointless carrying on with you if you are unable to remember what you originally argued about.....duh.....

5 hours ago, sungod said:

Whilst the Aussies are safely tucked up in bed with their Ladyboy 'girlfriends' for the night 🤪

And the Americans with their horses 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Nor do many foreigner males from every country when they're drunk or otherwise - including yourself!

Don´t go out drunk. What´s the fun in that?

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, jwl53 said:

There you go assuming again how you know he was talking? Was you there? Best of you shut up!!!

Let´s say, I just take it from my experience of encounters with Brits. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

Wow,i didn't know what "kinok farang" meant.

The  wife always told me it meant "kind and generous man.

Wish i was as fluent as you.

I can spot a  BS lame excuse a mile off as well. Guess you can bash! the missus, shes no doubt thai as well! Run home now, its getting dark outside? 

Edited by Olmate

8 hours ago, AdamRich said:

Stop arguing with the locals!

OMG! Just can't help yourself. Victim Blaming at its best. A group of Thai men and he is stabbed "it is attempted murder" just what you expect on holiday NOT!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Bit odd wearing one shoe, isn't it?   If the cap fits, wear it, would be a better idea, surely!?

Have to change his handle to Hopalongcassidy eh ?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, sumongkhwai said:

Nothing ever good happens at 4:00 am. I'm sure the Brit was pissed and then got into it with a local or two. One thing I learned long before my wife taught me is that when you fight a Thai you are fighting 9 not just one. Keep your head down, ignore the comments and keep moving. I can swear rightly in Thai but, my wife has always told never to do so and I respect her advice (aside from the fact I'm getting to old to scrap with people a third of my age although I could probably take them but with knives and guns and what not, just stay quiet, plus we're pretty much done with the past 12:00 am bar scene, nothing but trouble- mostly for me!)

Agreed. My eldest Son was in Thailand for a year in CM. Out in the wee hours, 3 Thai boys wanted his bag. His journal of experiences, past ravels was in the bag, as well as Passport, mobile, etc. No way was he giving it up. One of the Thais had a piece of wood or metal (I don’t know which). Thai went t strike my arson, he raised an arm to block … hospital with a broken arm needing a metal reinforcement surgery. What he was doing out? What was said? What exactly happened? I have no ides but he was diagnosed as having PTSD as a result. His decision to be out and about … his resulting problem.

31 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

You conjure up a nightmare scenario. Drinking with male Thais. The more  drunk they get, the more aggressive and stupid they get. With inhibitions lowered.they show their true colors, how much they "love " farangs. 

You can have a more intelligent conversation with  a 5 year old.

Didn't take me 17 years to figure that one out. 

When you hear the you you whiseketi, you know they are bored out of their skulls ,and in dire need of some entertainment, and what could be better than a dancing circus bear in the shape of a farang kee nok.

By all means, smile and youyou them back, but do not make a fool of yourself. 

Drinking with male Thais. The more  drunk they get, the more aggressive and stupid they get.

What a 'generalised' accusation!

It is just an indication of the Thai society you mingle around.

• Confused 1