What is life about ? A rant .

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No one is saying that we should. I and others say not to live close enough to them for them to be able to invade one's space. When I lived with my wife in Pattaya and they lived in the north we were fine. It was only when we lived in C M and the evil nephew came to stay whenever he liked that it fell apart. When the family moved in as well it was time to call it quits.

Sounds like they did that by design. It is often done like that on purpose, to let the foreigner walk away. Then they can keep all and say; you wanted to end it.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 11:48 AM, nobodysfriend said:

Life is ok for me now , but my wife and me are slowly becoming estranged

This seems to be the key point. Will life continue to be ok for you as you get older and presumably more socially isolated on the island? It's such a common problem that the Chiang Mai expat club used to run some sort of outreach for isolated expats, not sure if they still do.

A key question is - can you afford to continue this situation indefinitely? If not, then you need to make some sort of change.

You're close to 70? Some say 70 is the new 50, plenty of scope for change if that's what you decide.

Edited by oldscool
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

So just hire some girl to be your maid or nurse? You seem to not have financial issues and that solves what you need. Next.

Would love to ... Never found a good one .