Why are there restrictions on weed but not on alcohol?

Booze has been around since the Roman times, ale was drunk by most in the UK because drinking water was contaminated with all sorts of nasties. So booze of some sort was/is part of the UK culture.

Pubs were in easy walking distance, they were everywhere...........🤗

At the same time, tobacco, whether in a pipe or paper, has been around for centuries.

Dope, I suppose we must thank the Chinese for that, though I am not going look.......😋

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Already established business, same with tobacco, and too many vested in it.   Along with both are a great tax revenue stream.

Let those 2 deadly, profitable, tax generating, allowed vices sink in, when govt states they care about your health & well being ... worldwide :coffee1:

Weed is controlled, because it is, a weed, an any idiot can grow it, eventually.

producing alcohol is hardly rocket science, we did it at school as a chemistry project  when we were about 12 years old

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Let those 2 deadly, profitable, tax generating, allowed vices sink in, when govt states they care about your health & well being ... worldwide :coffee1:

God bless em.

Why?  One word, TAX.

IF alcohol is banned, people will make it at home and the gov't gets nothing from it.

IF weed is banned, people will grow it in their backyards, and once again, nothing for those in power who need copious amounts of money from the population to sustain themselves and their next ten generations of family members in uber-luxury.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, transam said:

Dope, I suppose we must thank the Chinese for that, though I am not going look.......😋

Actually, I suppose we must thank the British for that...

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Opium-Wars

https://asiapacificcurriculum.ca/learning-module/opium-wars-china

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/education/resources/hong-kong-and-the-opium-wars/

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Haha 2

There are restrictions on alcohol!!!

1. Under Thai law you must be 20 years old to buy it legaly.
2. You can only buy alcohol between 11 am to 2 pm and 5 pm to midnight

The 2. restriction is complete nonsens if they check buyers about the 1. restriction.

But it is a real stupid restriction if you drive just once the week into the city for shopping. This are the times with the most traffic and if you are just 1 second to late at the cashier you don't get alcohol. And if you drink beer which you can't buy everywhere (Leo Strong No.8) 😎 you have a real problem. 
The staff in 7/11 are the best. If you want to buy a box of 12, they will charge you the bottle price * 12 or they not sell the box.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm 75 years old and have never, not even for a moment, considered that I've needed a gun for self-defence.

Whilst countless others have, making your point irrelevant.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

producing alcohol is hardly rocket science, we did it at school as a chemistry project  when we were about 12 years old

You had a community minded teacher then?

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Stocky said:

Waaaaay earlier than that: the earliest evidence of wine production comes from jars at the Neolithic site of Jiahu in China, where residue analysis has identified a fermented concoction of rice, honey and fruit that site dates to 7000BC.

Yeah the World revolved around China lol 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, snowgard said:

The staff in 7/11 are the best. If you want to buy a box of 12, they will charge you the bottle price * 12 or they not sell the box.

And why shouldn't a retailer do that?

Edited by Liverpool Lou