Panasonic shower/water heater stopped heating

kwak250

37 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

You got it !

If it was being used for a warm shower I would have noticed

Been using it for a couple of months as a normal cold shower.

Luckily somchai didn't come to check it.

Saying that he probably would have wanted me to fit a new one and say he will throw this one in the bin.

Had workers make shower/install heater for maid room a few year age and they installed exactly wrong input/output to heater.  But you get a higher level medal for doing on a previously working unit.🙄

Admit I took their word for it not working and ordered a new unit before checking a few hours later.  As any rate just had an old unit fail last week so that extra unit which had been in storage for few years now operating

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Had workers make shower/install heater for maid room a few year age and they installed exactly wrong input/output to heater.  But you get a higher level medal for doing on a previously working unit.🙄

Admit I took their word for it not working and ordered a new unit before checking a few hours later.  As any rate just had an old unit fail last week so that extra unit which had been in storage for few years now operating

Yes problem is the hoses were taken off as I checked the lengths then went and bought new ones as these were very old and bought stainless ones.

Came back and how the shower is fitted with the inlet the hoses had to cross over.

I thought it looked a bit neat for the last few months.

I just read all your posts ....  you did something I would have done ... haha 

well, least it's sorted ...  good job.  and Panasonic is a good brand, I always try to buy Panasonic if possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Yes problem is the hoses were taken off as I checked the lengths then went and bought new ones as these were very old and bought stainless ones.

Came back and how the shower is fitted with the inlet the hoses had to cross over.

I thought it looked a bit neat for the last few months.

Confusing what you did, i take photos and even a video if need be when making changes

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Getting power the green lights on
It just wasn't switched on for a couple of months and with all the rain i turned the power on as normal but it just never heated up the water

The "pressure switch" could be stuck due to not to be in use for long time. If you can knock on it (while water tap open) a few times (with power breaker off) by screw driver handle. 
don't forget to shut off the breaker before doing this.☠️
let us know if that was the case. 👍

Edited by The Theory

18 hours ago, kwak250 said:

I have one of these showers and not used it for around 2 months due to the crazy heat but switched it back on today and not getting hot water

Tried the ELB test and not that.

It was working fine for years and wondered if its an easy fix or just replace with a new one as they are only about 3000 baht and this must be around 8 -10 years old by now.

My wife's mother has the same one that stopped working a few months back so if i can sort mine out i expect hers could be the same problem

Problem is might cost 1000baht in parts and go wrong again in 3 months time.

sg-11134201-22100-3zgy1jlyr9iv8e.jpg

After 14 years I received my 3rd one in December last year. Always Panasonic.

So it seems a quite normal period of time.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Confusing what you did, i take photos and even a video if need be when making changes

Should not have happened but your correct if it was anything more complex than 2 shower hoses that is what i do also

22 hours ago, kwak250 said:

I have one of these showers and not used it for around 2 months due to the crazy heat but switched it back on today and not getting hot water

It was working fine for years and wondered if its an easy fix or just replace with a new one as they are only about 3000 baht and this must be around 8 -10 years old by now.

My wife's mother has the same one that stopped working a few months back so if i can sort mine out i expect hers could be the same problem

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, 1sickpuppy said:

Nothing lasts forever count yourself lucky it lasted that long, dont be a ki nok

Your right it doesn't but if it's not broke how can that be tight?

Seems you are familiar with the phrase

Is this what people say to you?

On 5/23/2024 at 10:43 PM, kwak250 said:

you got 8-10 years of use out of it ..   at least you know it was not made in China

7 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

you got 8-10 years of use out of it ..   at least you know it was not made in China

Still going strong after I switched the hoses back how they were meant to be 

Panasonic are excellent showers 

• Thumbs Up 1