First Group of Ukrainian Pilots Completes F-16 Training in the U.S.

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Do you think the people of London wanted to surrender during the Blitz of 1940?

Do you think the Ukrainian people are less determined that the Londoners?

That's a rather pathetic equivalence and in the case of Ukraine, the government ( probably from the safety of their well defended bunkers ) is forcing them to wait till a missile enters their bedroom. If you can point to a referendum on it I'm agog to hear about it.

The British had Churchill to give them determination, but sadly the Ukrainians only have Zelensky, and he is no Churchill.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Heard some encouraging news from Jake Broe today that the F16s will be stored in NATO countries when they aren't getting ready for active missions in order to prevent fascist genocidal Russia from taking too many of them out. What an excellent plan! Imagine Putin's frustration learning about that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

F16s will be stored in NATO countries when they aren't getting ready for active missions

He has already said that targets in other countries supplying armaments that strike inside Russia are "fair game" !!!

Did you miss the news about  the Russian submarine visit to Cuba ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jun/07/russia-nuclear-powered-submarine-kazan-to-visit-cuba

and here

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-cuba-ships-military-exercises-caribbean-what-to-expect/

Keep on rocking in the free world (keep on bombing in the third world)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, johng said:

He has already said that targets in other countries supplying armaments that strike inside Russia are "fair game" !!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jun/07/russia-nuclear-powered-submarine-kazan-to-visit-cuba

and here

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-cuba-ships-military-exercises-caribbean-what-to-expect/

You're exactly the type of westerner that fascist dictator Putin who hopes to completely erase Ukraine is hoping to fool with his bluffs.

Are you really so daft that you think he would bomb a base in Germany? Get a grip.

You're playing directly into his hand.

Sadly so has Biden to a certain extent. Way too cautious! The goal isn't to prevent more losses. The goal is to flippin' defeat Putin. 

Of course the actual missions will be started from Ukraine. Obviously. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, johng said:

and here

Oh, one that works..........🤗

As for bombing in the Third World, your chum is bombing a country they thought was third world, and being shown up, just like you... :coffee1:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's not up to me to prove someone's post is correct. As stated in forum rules that is on the one posting so called facts, but you know that, don't you?

Of course. That is why I do an internet search for topics, but only if I am interested in the subject, Otherwise with no links it is only my opinion, which if it is unsupported, isn't worth more than anybody else's.

Edited by billd766
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, transam said:

I thought the Russians gave up and retreated in Afghanistan, or was it to go have tea & sandwiches.......🧐

You got confused - that was the Americans who ran away telling us the Afghan Army would win - that worked out well, didn't it?  Just like 'Nam, Syria, Cuba and all the rest oh... and Ukraine.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

You got confused - that was the Americans who ran away telling us the Afghan Army would win - that worked out well, didn't it?  Just like 'Nam, Syria, Cuba and all the rest oh... and Ukraine.

You're the one that's confused, but typical of a Red............😂

"Russia (USSR) never withdraws"........😉

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_withdrawal_from_Afghanistan#:~:text=6 External links-,Prelude,[by October 1985]".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

Was he bluffing about Crimea  and the 25% of the territory he has taken ?

I doubt Putin wants to erase Ukraine more likely he wants it as a buffer zone.

He has indicated that he would provide armaments to other countries  who would then use those arms to strike...you know like a "proxy" war.

How do you defeat the man with an equal nuclear arsenal who says he is prepared to use it....

more bluffing ???  wanna f around and find out if he isn't bluffing ?  

You're exactly the type of westerner  that will lead us to Armageddon. 

I bet you read the Beano too...........🤭

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wrong generation. The Russians were there long ago. Gorbachev gave up and withdrew the troops.

Stallone made a movie about how he won the war in Afghanistan with his bow and arrows, or was that Vietnam? Perhaps it was with a helicopter in Afghanistan.

I know - they withdrew. Americans were humiliated, and it cost them BILLIONS - the same as Ukraine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, BobBKK said:

I know - they withdrew. Americans were humiliated, and it cost them BILLIONS - the same as Ukraine.

Again you missed out, the same happened to your Russia (USSR), the same for them is happening in Ukraine, so much so, taxes are going up to pay for another failure. Even now asking for munitions from communist countries.......😋

But, I give you credit for standing by your chum, even if it is bluster........😉

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, transam said:

Again you missed out, the same happened to your Russia (USSR), the same for them is happening in Ukraine, so much so, taxes are going up to pay for another failure. Even now asking for munitions from communist countries.......😋

But, I give you credit for standing by your chum, even if it is bluster........😉

While you hum this tune, two other top Ukrainian officials resign. One of them, Mustafa Nayyem, claims abuse and mismanagement. These are among the hundreds of others who have left or been fired from the corrupt Ukraine government—what could possibly go wrong?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's a rather pathetic equivalence and in the case of Ukraine, the government ( probably from the safety of their well defended bunkers ) is forcing them to wait till a missile enters their bedroom. If you can point to a referendum on it I'm agog to hear about it.

The British had Churchill to give them determination, but sadly the Ukrainians only have Zelensky, and he is no Churchill.

That was a zero content post.

Nations at war don't conduct referendums. So your position is bat sh*t crazy, something that Lord Haw Haw would broadcast back to Britain during WW2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

While you hum this tune, two other top Ukrainian officials resign. One of them, Mustafa Nayyem, claims abuse and mismanagement. These are among the hundreds of others who have left or been fired from the corrupt Ukraine government—what could possibly go wrong?

Corruption in Ukraine?

It has always existed, and will continue for a long time.

Is that the theme of the day that your troll farm is pushing?

If you keep up your pointless propaganda posts, you might incent me to send Ukraine's army a donation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/7/2024 at 1:43 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Wow, a whole 10 of them. One suspects they will be rather busy then. I wonder how many mechs there are in western airforces to maintain dozens of aircraft, but IMO it would be rather more than 10.

Of course it could be that it will be so long before any of them are in Ukrainian skies that the war will be over, so it won't matter.

I Guess New Zealand has send more?

6 hours ago, still kicking said:

I Guess New Zealand has send more?

Is that some sort of bad joke?

I think NZ sent some old missiles a long while back, but not aware of any current contribution.

In any event, NZ does not possess any attack warplanes, ergo no ground crew familiar with F16s.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Who is the "shadow" president? Surely not the right-wing nationalist Navalny? you really need to research a bit - try switching off CNN/MSNBC for awhile. 

It appears that our Red hating content free poster is more daft than we thought…

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

FYI try doing a little research first.

https://www.studysmarter.co.uk/explanations/history/cold-war/soviet-invasion-of-afghanistan/#:~:text=The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan,%2C nine-year civil war.

The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan began on 24 December 1979. Within days, Soviet troops had been air-dropped into Afghan cities, heavy artillery had breached the border, and the KGB had poisoned the Afghan president and his ministers. The invasion sparked a bloody, nine-year civil war. The conflict would see approximately one million citizens lose their lives, the country razed to ruins, and ultimately contribute to the downfall of the Soviet Union.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Soviet-invasion-of-Afghanistan

The war in Afghanistan became a quagmire for what by the late 1980s was a disintegrating Soviet Union. (The Soviets suffered some 15,000 dead and many more injured.) Despite having failed to implement a sympathetic regime in Afghanistan, in 1988 the Soviet Union signed an accord with the United States, Pakistan, and Afghanistan and agreed to withdraw its troops. The Soviet withdrawal was completed on February 15, 1989, and Afghanistan returned to nonaligned status.

There is more in the link, and there are more links if you wish to look for them.

Different war - wake up, it's morning already! We were discussing the USA in Afghanistan in the 2020s, not the 1980s.

You know - the recent war 1999 to 2021 when they ran away after 2,500 American deaths and 20,000 injuries for NOTHING saying "we have trained the Afghanis with Billions, given them weapons they will win" 

Now the Burkas are back, female education is banned - great success! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Corruption in Ukraine?

It has always existed, and will continue for a long time.

Is that the theme of the day that your troll farm is pushing?

If you keep up your pointless propaganda posts, you might incent me to send Ukraine's army a donation.

The government is corrupt. I encourage you to send a large donation—good money after bad. Maybe send some to Zelenskys' offshore accounts?

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

The government is corrupt. I encourage you to send a large donation—good money after bad. Maybe send some to Zelenskys' offshore accounts?

Nobody has stolen more money in the history of the world than your Dear Leader Putin.

• Like 2