UK former mercenary, living in Thailand for 22 years, given a strong warning by police

webfact

3 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Cops need to keep an eye on this guy. Hard to believe someone who assaults a gas-station attendant and drove intoxicated is the model citizen he purports himself to be. Wife's going to paint him as a saint to the police in order to avoid deportation and loss of support, but wonder what neighbors have to say about this guy. Little bit worried about what's going on in the home and potential for domestic violence. 

At aged 44, he still has a lot of mileage to go. Hopefully this incident tampered his rage significantly.

3 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

At aged 44, he still has a lot of mileage to go. Hopefully this incident tampered his rage significantly.

Will obviously be watching his P's & Q's for a while, but worried about what might go on behind closed doors if he has anger management issues.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

44 years old

22 years living in Thailand

so assume he came to LOS when he was 22 years old

how has he supported himself for 22 years

what visa has been on for 22 years - is that possible?

when / where was he a mercenary if he's lived in Thailand since he was 22 years old?

Some explanation would be nice.

The same nonsense post we always see as if this is impossible.

Quite simple answers could be provided, set up a business that makes money and provides Visa, work for a Thai company that provides a Visa. 

Why do you need to know?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

The 44-year-old was identified by Udon Thani police on Friday as Mr Davis. The UK man offered a profuse apology to 25-year-old Jirawat Sunthorn, or Tum (inset), whom he assaulted on Wednesday morning at a PTT service station in the town. Mr Davis also agreed to pay full compensation to the Thai man. Police Colonel Phattanawong Chanphon (inset) of Udon Thani Police Station brokered a resolution to the case.

UK former mercenary, living in Thailand for 22 years, fined and warned by Udon Thani police after assault at PTT station. Man agrees to pay full compensation and apologises to the Thai victim’s family. Police cite prior cooperation with Immigration Bureau for not revoking his visa on this occasion.

A UK man, a former mercenary who has lived in Thailand for 22 years, was fined and warned by Udon Thani police on Friday. It came after he was summoned by police for being involved in an assault at a PTT station in the early hours of Wednesday morning. The UK man also agreed to pay full compensation and offered his apologies to the family of the Thai man he assaulted. Police, it is understood, declined to revoke the 44-year-old man’s visa due to his previous cooperation with the Immigration Bureau on Ko Samui and the fact that this was a first-time offence.

The foreigner who assaulted a 25-year-old service station employee in Udon Thani in the early hours of Wednesday morning has been fined and booked by police.

The man was identified by Udon Thani police as 44-year-old Mr Davis. In brief, a UK national who has lived in Thailand for 22 years. Mr Davis is reported to be a former mercenary or soldier for hire.

Full story: Thai Examiner.com 2024-05-27

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Deport this Trash:coffee1:

• Thumbs Up 1

Previous co-operation with immigration on Samui, and now he lives in deepest darkest issan and claims to be 'immigration' - he sounds like a grass rather than a mercenary to me tbh. I wonder if he was ever on the inside of a foreign criminal group working for the Thai authorities ??? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Crash999 said:

Funny how all these old out of shape guys are all ex-SAS 

I knew a proper retired SAS man and I told him after one trip to the LOS ,"Mate you must have been in the biggest regiment in the world" He laughed .

Edited by findlay13
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

England would be fxxked now if it had to go to war.

It seems like all the special forces and mercenaries live over here now.

And in cahoots with the RTP. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Irish star said:

Where do you put Faux Entertainment News 

I watch both CNN and Fox frequently, and would assert that Fox is the nearest the US has to what is known in many countries as "the opposition".  (For ex, Fox has been lamenting the open border during the whole of Biden's regime, whereas CNN and MSNBC have been virtually silent until just recently and even now do their best to ignore the fact that anywhere between 9 and 14 million illegals have invaded the United States under the Biden/Harris "watch".)

A responsible press would be hammering away at this issue insistently for the last 3 years.  Not surprisingly, the invasion by illegals is supposedly the #1 issue with voters.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I was shown FBI id cards by two Americans in a bar years ago, I asked if they got them in Kaosan Rd. and why would you show a stranger them, potentially 'breaking cover' they had no answer. I left.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, blazes said:

I watch both CNN and Fox frequently, and would assert that Fox is the nearest the US has to what is known in many countries as "the opposition".  (For ex, Fox has been lamenting the open border during the whole of Biden's regime, whereas CNN and MSNBC have been virtually silent until just recently and even now do their best to ignore the fact that anywhere between 9 and 14 million illegals have invaded the United States under the Biden/Harris "watch".)

A responsible press would be hammering away at this issue insistently for the last 3 years.  Not surprisingly, the invasion by illegals is supposedly the #1 issue with voters.

side note notice how Fox doesnt say Biden stole the election either ..or at least anymore since being sued...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2023/02/27/murdoch-admits-fox-news-hosts-pushed-false-election-fraud-claims/

dont forget who refuses to draw up a border bill...GOP even had one until King Baby cried about it as its all he has to run on due to his inablity to even finished his crappy wall...you know the one mexico is gonna pay for.....but do go on....

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

ill wait for your msnbc rebuttal...reminder...facts matter.......no gaslighting........I posted facts under oath in a court of LAW...

funfact anyone is allowed to enter the USA and seek asylum and eligible to apply...but you would rather gaslight...typical...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, blazes said:

I suspect that most high-school papers have higher standards than CNN, America's version of Pravda

and yet you admit to watching it....I love how King Baby and GOP claim CNN to be fake news and YET will go that network to gaslight people......so i guess they are the reason its called fake news......whom they themselves call it.....makes sense..to idiots

What other crying grievances do u have to moan about today????  need more tissues???..mercenary in Thai=CNN????...hmmm

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Celsius said:

I worked for KGB

Are you dyslexic?  It's KFC 🙄😂

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Why don’t people read referenced articles before jumping into print?

They will see he is married, has an 18 year old daughter here, so has grounds for a visa.

Being a mercenary is not the same as Special Forces, so he could have done that from a young age.

I’m more concerned that no action was  taken in respect of his admitted drink driving, which he used as his excuse for the assault. His cooperation with Immigration must have been very strong.

Hm,....Something like a year ago someone pointed me a Farang that works as informant with the Immigration in Chiang Mai, Checking on overstaying or working without work permit Farangs !! 

it would explain some successes from the police and immigration in catching some Farang offenders.

Edited by off road pat
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, findlay13 said:

I knew a proper retired SAS man and I told him after one trip to the LOS ,"Mate you must have been in the biggest regiment in the world" He laughed .

I bumped into him at last years Balcony Reunion Cruise.

IMG_1267.jpeg

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, loong said:

Why do the news reporters keep repeating the same slightly reworded paragraph yet manage to give very few actual details?

Exactly my thoughts. Literally no details of what actually happened. The linked Examiner article gives a bit more details but also not much. One thing is clear though: the guy admitted to being drunk - why is the police not pursuing charges for drunk driving? or they cannot for some weird legal reason? It's quite amazing how many people in Thailand regularly drive drunk and fail to see how and why it is wrong. Police seems to very rarely enforce unless something (accident) happens.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, scorecard said:

44 years old

22 years living in Thailand

so assume he came to LOS when he was 22 years old

how has he supported himself for 22 years

what visa has been on for 22 years - is that possible?

when / where was he a mercenary if he's lived in Thailand since he was 22 years old?

Some explanation would be nice.

I came at 23 years old and that was 15 years ago

I did about 6 years on overstay on and off at different points, back then there was no blacklisting, 2 education visas, loads of tourists visas and exemptions all extended, and changed my passport for a fresh one a couple times, and often enter via Laos land border in a car with an agent that hands over a 200 baht tip in return for no questions

I worked online doing content writing / editing remotely for companies back home 

Edited by jspill

12 hours ago, Crash999 said:

Funny how all these old out of shape guys are all ex-SAS 

It's a fact that of the 873 known ex SAS expats living throughout Thailand 2,950 of them live in Pattaya alone.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, loong said:

Why do the news reporters keep repeating the same slightly reworded paragraph yet manage to give very few actual details?

I assume they all want to be a politicians in the future. Getting in practise now.

• Haha 1

I think in general the authorities should be concerned about the numbers of "retired" military personnel living on Samui . THey seem to have made arrangements with local authorities but one wonders how genuine they work permits/visas may be.