Apology from Pattaya Pub Guards after Assault on Tourists

webfact

2 minutes ago, BigStar said:

You probably didn't notice, but the USA has become extremely corrupt in the last couple of decades. It's merely a different kind of corruption, leading to the vast increase of violence you also haven't noticed.

Actually most never hear about the true number of violent cases in the USA because it's suppressed by legacy media organizations in bed with the political left, who don't want to lose votes and donations. It also never gets to the US daily, which is why you've remained clueless.

It always amazes me how many "adults" here assume they know about others personal lives. Everything you know I probably have already heard about before you have, as I keep up with daily news worldwide both here and with family and friends over there. Unlike some here, I don't go by random youtube videos but actual news. Nothing was suppressed when I was there 6 years ago and I still hear about it daily now. Here, there are nowhere near as many news stations as there are home. Here, news is suppressed because they don't want to hurt tourism dollars. Back home, there's infighting between the two parties, and everything that happens gets out immediately, even involving the two parties. Like I've said before, don't assume about others, because you nothing about anyone here. Also don't assume you know all that goes on here, because they won't let you know all of it on TV, although it does get recorded somewhere, and you can look up stats online anytime. There is corruption everywhere, as history has shown, but it's always higher in poorer countries, because of that one thing, money.

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You clearly don't know Thailand very well. These kind of incidents happen on an almost daily basis in Thailand, but it is usually Thai(s) on Thai. They fight like a pack of rabid dogs, with the scale of violence far in excess of what we would see in the west. Many Thai men are uneducated neanderthals who have no sense of moderation and the fact that the way they fight could result in brain damage or death never occurs to them, as they are too stupid to join the dots. The thug savagely kicking the guy in the white shirt when he was down and absolutely no threat at all tells you all you need to know. This still from a video shows the thug running at the victim so fast he is blurred in the photo. But you claim - you 'guess' - such excessive violence must have been warranted. You 'bet' they deserved it.

videoframe_16764.png

This right here should be enough for an aggravated assault charge if not attempted murder. Saying they need a complaint is bull<deleted>. If I kill someone and no one sees it why can I be charged with murder if there is no one to complain. 555

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, charleskerins said:

Yes attempted murder restores the safety of what ?    You also posted  about swift punishment Thai style -have the guards been punished?   

lol @ attempted murder !

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

55 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Nonesense. The farang in the doctor-kicking case wasn't charged until the victim decided to press charges. Enough with the silly bashing. 

The truth hurts don't it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

When will they realise an apology isn't enough

By their own standards it is though. 

Not like beeping at a motorcade or picking mushrooms, those are jailable offences. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

When, if at all, will the three security guards be charged with some sort of crime?  Or is 500 baht and a wai good enough?

The bottom line, as a farang or tourist in Thailand you ain't going to win. My advice as a 78 yoa retired cop is to avoid any conflict at all cost, don't argue and walk away before getting your ass handed to you.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Everything you know I probably have already heard about before you have, as I keep up with daily news worldwide both here and with family and friends over there.

So you claim, and we hear spurious claims to Informed Authority all the time here. But then you really have no excuse except a problem between the ears of processing the information and drawing accurate, unbiased conclusions--a condition actually worse than mere ignorance. It comes as no surprise you're moving back to the USA as fast as you can.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Pathetic. Yes you are defending them. There's no excuse for these young Thai punks/goons/thugs resorting to this. It's OVER-THE-<deleted>-TOP punching a 65-70 y.o. granny in the face, then another dealing a death kick to her face while she was down...still only semiconscious and seeing stars. These angry, violent and dangerous <deleted> could have easily restrained their old and infirm "opponents" (and themselves) without resorting to assault and attempted murder. The only threat they were facing was their fragile Thai male egos. Sickening. 🤮

Do you feel better now?

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Pathetic. Yes you are defending them. There's no excuse for these young Thai punks/goons/thugs resorting to this. It's OVER-THE-<deleted>-TOP punching a 65-70 y.o. granny in the face, then another dealing a death kick to her face while she was down...still only semiconscious and seeing stars. These angry, violent and dangerous <deleted> could have easily restrained their old and infirm "opponents" (and themselves) without resorting to assault and attempted murder. The only threat they were facing was their fragile Thai male egos. Sickening. 🤮

I saw the vdo and the only grannies I saw were nearly naked, and Thai. 

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you expect the Security to say, "hey mr farang, you didn't pay your bill, you tried to steal from us and hit me in the face, let's have a square go, I want to respect the noble culture of your country regarding square gos"?

Of course they loathe drunken foreign mongers who come to take advantage of their impoverished women who are forced into selling their bodies.

I know what would happen in Leith or Aberdeen if drunken Asian tourists tried this in a Scottish nightclub.

The smiles are not fake, there are 13 smiles and they all have names, research them. 

I agree they are thugs, Pattaya is where the dregs of Thailand meet the dregs of the world.

Kicking a man when he is down is not nice in any culture. 

Pathetic. Out of touch Thai apologist BS. Yeah I've read the books and know about the different "smiles" and "hearts". Been here near 3 decades and not relevant to my posts. 

I have been to many provinces (73 so far) in my 30 years in Thailand. Married to a myanmar- Thai wife with many Thai relatives. There are all sorts of communities all over. Phuket, koh samui, pattaya, hua hin, Chiangmai, Bangkok, chiangrai being more inhabited by foreigners each with their preferences. There are many types of Thai people with different ancestral backgrounds. There are myanmar- Thai culture in Mae sot area, pattani Thai culture in the south, Laos - Thai culture in northern part of issan , Cambodia-Thai culture in the lower part of issan, central Thai culture from sukhotai Ayutthaya,Lopburi,Bangkok area, Lanna-Thai culture in chiangmai,chiangrai region.

those Thais in the night club areas are mainly from issan region. Both man and women. They are also being discriminated and exploited by mainstream thais too so can you blame them with their ‘it’s us against them mentality ?’ Given their myopic  interactions with the only foreigners they come across daily?

• Confused 1

One of those guards alleged he was punched by one of the Brits which caused a wound requiring six stitches.. It must have been a body punch because I don't see any medical dressing on any of their faces.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Pathetic. Out of touch Thai apologist BS. Yeah I've read the books and know about the different "smiles" and "hearts". Been here near 3 decades and not relevant to my posts. 

Nearly 30 years and you think that Thais should change to the farang's culture?

ever heard of "assimilation and integration''? 

Much easier NOT to make any attempt to integrate into Thai society and Thaibash everything you think is wrong with your new culture, to justify your non-action. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I saw the vdo and the only grannies I saw were nearly naked, and Thai. 

Haha yeah true...my bad. Wrong vid. Was referring to another vid in this thread and a different one of my posts. Apologies for my confusion. 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bob smith said:

forced into selling their bodies??

most of the thai bar girls are just lazy cows who couldn't be ars3d at school!

bob.

May be true but if you go to rural issan upcountry, there are small hamlets with literally no human habitations around for miles let alone schools. Thailand traditionally do not have public schools in ancient time. The temple provides the schooling for the public thus the emergence of temple schools. With no means of upgrading themselves, the males would go into hard labour while the females chose the easier path. There are females in constructions too but they live a hard life. You would be surprised to know that majority rural issan people are quite conservative in their outlook. 

1 minute ago, baipaibkk said:

The tourists lay on the ground and gave up. Then hitting someone in the head with full force is, in my opinion, an attempted murder.

Luckily the video has already traveled around the world. Everyone can now see that nothing happens to the brutal guards and Thailand is classified as dangerous for tourists in other countries.

Only unscrupulous, cowardly guys do that --- in the Family Resort

It may also work in Thailand’s favour now that those hooligans or bogans know that their antisocial behavior would not get the woke treatment like back in their home countries.
act like a dxxx and you may get your arse kicked! 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

There are females in constructions too but they live a hard life

A hard life it may be, but it is one with pride to be sure.

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

At the very least....

The guard on the left could shave his mustache....

As a sign of remorse.

(It's like cutting off ones que, in atonement, only less so....)

image.png.22ed73ac8193ba603ea7ab1b934f058e.png

Cutting off just a mustache is not as bad as cutting off one's cue.

In addition, the guard would be even handsomer without his mustache.

Mustache denotes masculinity and position of power ie. as in Muslim countries. Clean shaven denotes feminine character… as in gay . He must be proud of his hair growth as you don’t see many mustachioed Thais around. Better he shave his head to atone for his sin …