I was bored out of my mind in Pattaya

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I haven't been to my condo pool for 4 years, the first six months i used to go so maybe it's something people do at the beginning 

So you been sitting in that small studio you have all day ?

Do you have a balcony?

Some condo don't have a balcony, imagine that sitting in a dark small room

Think about it before you retire to Pattaya  what your lifestyle will be like for god sake people!!!!

You will soon tire if going to bars , meeting John at the bar etc 

After 1 year you will be bored <deleted>less

Plan it first !!; 

Go on admit it , WHO went back to their farangland after semi retiring in Thailand particularly Pattaya ,admit it , be a man and say yes I went to retire there and it WASN'T for me !!

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I haven't been to my condo pool for 4 years, the first six months i used to go so maybe it's something people do at the beginning 

I used the pool almost daily when I first moved in. I began getting more concerned about the water as time went on. This was due to seeing more people in the water over time. I started getting the feeling people were peeing in the water, or at a minimum the water was coming into contact with people's arses and genital area. My pool is pretty small though so that's part of it. Sounds dumb, but I wish I had a private pool sometimes. Maybe I'm just paranoid, other people don't seem to care about these things. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by JimTripper
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I used the pool almost daily when I first moved in. I began getting more concerned about the water as time went on. This was due to seeing more people in the water over time. I started getting the feeling people were peeing in the water, or at a minimum the water was coming into contact with people's arses and genital area. My pool is pretty small though so that's part of it. Sounds dumb, but I wish I had a private pool sometimes. Maybe I'm just paranoid, other people don't seem to care about these things. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know of someone recently getting legionnaires from their condo, the pool was riddled with it. Went in ICU for a while

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Chivas said:

No idea lol but anyone who claims to be bored in Pattaya has a screw loose

I cannot imagine another place in the world where everything is on tap starting (not with the obvious) but sun sea swmming cheap accomodation whether hotels or condos golf shopping Gyms galore malls galore and  every  other type of activity thats humanly possible and yet I can stilll end with the obvious one as well !

.....and if you dont indulge too much all the rest above are dirt cheap in comparison

How can anyone young or old be bored !

Do you live in pattaya? 

Sun is bad for your skin.

I wouldn't go near the sea of course.

Cheap accommodation is not a hobby or pastime???

The gyms are spoiled by the skanky people pattaya attracts.

There are 2 malls worth visiting.

Been here nearly 2 years. Finding it a bit boring now.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I know of someone recently getting legionnaires from their condo, the pool was riddled with it. Went in ICU for a while

Yeah, the tropical weather is going to grow stuff real fast in things that are not maintained well.

Edited by JimTripper

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Think about it before you retire to Pattaya  what your lifestyle will be like for god sake people!!!!

Thought about it, decided an enjoyable, practical lifestyle could be had in Pattaya. I was right. 🙂 

You will soon tire if going to bars , meeting John at the bar etc 

You keep insisting that's all there is to do in Pattaya. That merely reflects your own limitation as a boring person.

After 1 year you will be bored <deleted>less

I wasn't, and plenty of people aren't. Why didn't you attend any of the expat club meetings?

Go on admit it , WHO went back to their farangland after semi retiring in Thailand particularly Pattaya ,admit it , be a man and say yes I went to retire there and it WASN'T for me !!

Many only go back for the health insurance or "free" schooling for the kids. Many, such as yourself and our other chronic whingers, aren't happy anywhere. Others, esp. the bigots, can't adjust to a different culture. Others, notably the windbags, succumb to infection by the horrid, brain-eating Whither Pattaya? and Whither Thailand? space monkeys. The only cure is to return to a nanny state, notably the paradise of the UK. Any members so doing are deliriously happy thereafter and end their perpetual bashing of Thailand. 

Threads about boredom in Pattaya are hardly anything new--posters seem to think it means they themselves are exciting and others are reponsible for entertaining them--and many posters in the past have affirmed they aren't in the least bored and do find plenty to do, as in When boredom starts to rule the day, I Love Pattaya, and Why live in Pattaya? Potential retirees might read through them to counteract the negativity, fearmongering, and swill served up by our trolletariat.

If you have half a brain and interests, enjoy characters study, get along well with Thais, etc., Pattaya will do nicely as a retirement haven w/o the bar scene or the excessive drinking. Retiring in Pattaya just as elsewhere hardly means you're imprisoned in Pattaya as insisted. It's also a base for travels elsewhere. Yet, whenever I travel, I find myself happy to return home here in our beloved cesspoool, ha ha. Deal with it.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Thought about it, decided an enjoyable, practical lifestyle could be had in Pattaya. I was right. 🙂 

You keep insisting that's all there is to do in Pattaya. That merely reflects your own limitation as a boring person.

I wasn't, and plenty of people aren't. Why didn't you attend any of the expat club meetings?

Many only go back for the health insurance or "free" schooling for the kids. Many, such as yourself and our other chronic whingers, aren't happy anywhere. Others, esp. the bigots, can't adjust to a different culture. Others, notably the windbags, succumb to infection by the horrid, brain-eating Whither Pattaya? and Whither Thailand? space monkeys. The only cure is to return to a nanny state, notably the paradise of the UK. Any members so doing are deliriously happy thereafter and end their perpetual bashing of Thailand. 

Threads about boredom in Pattaya are hardly anything new--posters seem to think it means they themselves are exciting and others are reponsible for entertaining them--and many posters in the past have affirmed they aren't in the least bored and do find plenty to do, as in When boredom starts to rule the day, I Love Pattaya, and Why live in Pattaya? Potential retirees might read through them to counteract the negativity, fearmongering, and swill served up by our trolletariat.

If you have half a brain and interests, enjoy characters study, get along well with Thais, etc., Pattaya will do nicely as a retirement haven w/o the bar scene or the excessive drinking. Retiring in Pattaya just as elsewhere hardly means you're imprisoned in Pattaya as insisted. It's also a base for travels elsewhere. Yet, whenever I travel, I find myself happy to return home here in our beloved cesspoool, ha ha. Deal with it.

People jumping off balconies left & right? Pattaya flying club?

Yes, they could have other problems, but they are living in pattaya. The place is also full of alcoholics. Why are they drinking so much if they are happy?

Edited by JimTripper
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Do you live in pattaya? 

Sun is bad for your skin.

I wouldn't go near the sea of course.

Cheap accommodation is not a hobby or pastime???

The gyms are spoiled by the skanky people pattaya attracts.

There are 2 malls worth visiting.

Been here nearly 2 years. Finding it a bit boring now.

Yeah best you go home. You clearly dont like sun sea swimming whatsoever so on that basis I wouldnt drop anchor in Pattaya either if I didnt

As it is I love it and after 32 years havent caught any diseases or skin cancer just yet

You clearly want to find fault so why stay. Am sure the Maldives will welcome you with open arms

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Yes, they could have other problems, but they are living in pattaya. The place is also full of alcoholics. Why are they drinking so much if they are happy?

In fact, they do have other problems that would achieve expression wherever they found opportunity. At home, opportunity might be less owing to family or responsibilities or some sort of support network. Yet most big cities in the West have areas where the depressed gravitate. Miami, for example, one of the happiest cities in the USA, also has bar areas full of retirees who spend their days drinking and talking sh*it with their fellow drunks. And they're happy doing just that. They don't visit museums or go to concerts as our disaffected on the forum fantasize about doing themselves--but never would either.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BigStar said:

In fact, they do have other problems that would achieve expression wherever they found opportunity. At home, opportunity might be less owing to family or responsibilities or some sort of support network. Yet most big cities in the West have areas where the depressed gravitate. Miami, for example, one of the happiest cities in the USA, also has bar areas full of retirees who spend their days drinking and talking sh*it with their fellow drunks. And they're happy doing just that. They don't visit museums or go to concerts as our disaffected on the forum fantasize about doing themselves--but never would either.

Misery likes company. Pattaya is full of miserable people who choose to live there = Pattaya is miserable.

If you like happy places and happy people it's you who is better off just moving. You're not going to change Pattaya by finding bright spots here and there, though I will admit threre might be enclave areas that are Ok.

Trending on twitter now folks:

Edited by JimTripper

4 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Pattaya is full of miserable people who choose to live there = Pattaya is miserable.

A non-sequitur. The miserable people in Pattaya are miserable because they're miserable. Others are not miserable, but you imagine that you would be miserable if you were they, though you're already miserable because you're miserable.

8 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

If you like happy places and happy people it's you who is better off just moving.

Plenty of happiness all over Pattaya, including in central Pattaya. If you can't see it, but you imagine you NEED to see what you think is happiness before YOU can be happy, then, yes, of course go wherever you think all the happy people are. Pattaya isn't responsible for anyone's misery; that's on you. Nobody's keeping you here. Trouble is, you won't move and make excuses for not doing so.

Nobody wants you to walk around Pattaya with that perpetually puckered sphincter. I've long encouraged you (and others w/ the problem) to leave and suggested a perfect place. You claimed you want to live alone in a cabin like the Unabomber, and it's trivial to find one, but again you like hanging here and whining.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2024 at 8:50 AM, transam said:

Yes, sounds terrible.............🤔

Great input......again.

But +1 for your mega post count - well done.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Nobody wants you to walk around Pattaya with that perpetually puckered sphincter

How dare you be homophobic BigStar, I have no probs with gay farangs 🌈🌈🌈your the same poster on here who wears black socks with sandals , absolutely ludicrous as I said before!!

I won't harp on about it ,but I detest socks with sandals ,I really do !

Edited by georgegeorgia

36 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Great input......again.

But +1 for your mega post count - well done.

Oh, the envy of some people.......................🤣

But me being a nice chap, I could go through the ropes for you, on how to get a yellow book, in the simplest way possible, just for you...................🤗.............😂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

How dare you be homophobic BigStar, I have no probs with gay farangs 🌈🌈🌈your the same poster on here who wears black socks with sandals , absolutely ludicrous as I said before!!

I won't harp on about it ,but I detest socks with sandals ,I really do !

Well, but you left Pattaya for relief, before you could buy that gym you were talking about owning. No doubt in the Phils you'll again suffer from that uncomfortable puckered sphincter. In the end, Oz is really the only place for you. The rest, usual dreams.

Meanwhile, it's another fine day to be in Pattaya. 🙂 

Edited by BigStar

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Ive a condo in View Talay 7, bought it in 2011.

Stayed 3 months then purchased a house on the darkside.

Condo life aint for me.

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Trending on twitter now folks:

The media lies about Pattaya even more than ANF posters. Repeating those lies, and believing them, just makes things worse for you.

4 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Ive a condo in View Talay 7, bought it in 2011.

Stayed 3 months then purchased a house on the darkside.

Condo life aint for me.

isn't VT7 the gay one? rent boys coming all the time, so my friend said, moved out asap

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh, the envy of some people.......................🤣

But me being a nice chap, I could go through the ropes for you, on how to get a yellow book, in the simplest way possible, just for you...................🤗.............😂

+1 again.

Another yawnfest

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

… socks with sandals , absolutely ludicrous …

I detest socks with sandals ,I really do !

They’re now acceptable and OK with the fashion cognoscenti in the UK. But you’re in OZ so it won’t affect you.

Best of luck anyway.

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

isn't VT7 the gay one? rent boys coming all the time, so my friend said, moved out asap

The condo was new when I purchased, was not "gay" then that I observed.

If you are keen to know I guess I could ask my tennant.

On 5/29/2024 at 3:58 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Im going for walks, I'm going for massage, I'm sitting by the pool ,I'm going to the gym ....

I don't like to drink or bars 

Could I live like this if I retired ?

No thanks 

You know how depressed I would be  sitting in a dark 21sqm room in the view talay?

You sound like a laugh a minute. If you love the tea total lifestyle, Thailand is not for you.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BigStar said:

A non-sequitur. The miserable people in Pattaya are miserable because they're miserable. Others are not miserable, but you imagine that you would be miserable if you were they, though you're already miserable because you're miserable.

Plenty of happiness all over Pattaya, including in central Pattaya. If you can't see it, but you imagine you NEED to see what you think is happiness before YOU can be happy, then, yes, of course go wherever you think all the happy people are. Pattaya isn't responsible for anyone's misery; that's on you. Nobody's keeping you here. Trouble is, you won't move and make excuses for not doing so.

Nobody wants you to walk around Pattaya with that perpetually puckered sphincter. I've long encouraged you (and others w/ the problem) to leave and suggested a perfect place. You claimed you want to live alone in a cabin like the Unabomber, and it's trivial to find one, but again you like hanging here and whining.

They won't move. You will need to ignore or learn to like the complaining. It will be more difficult to remain positive the longer you are here. When you are around negative people you eventually become negative yourself. You become a "negative nellie". I can feel it effecting you even now. The happiness is being slowly chipped away with each complaining post you read.

Edited by JimTripper

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

You honestly believe Ralf is in Thailand?

He will forget in a few posts later and say he is in Isaan

He is in a nursing home in Canada !

But let him dream on !