I was bored out of my mind in Pattaya

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Great, can we meet later at the Big C food court?

What cubicle number?🏳️‍🌈👨‍❤️‍👨

Jim there is no need in this day and age to be homophobic 

Look I admit I actually saw 2 guys tongue kissing recently at a bus stop in Australia and passionate and I did have homophobic thoughts but please listen to the data 

Thankyou Jim 

Edited by georgegeorgia

12 minutes ago, susanlea said:

I left out drugs, traffic, pollution and a rocky beach you drive to.

Nang Ram beach area is the best in the area, but you've never seen it, because you stick to the touristy places

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nang Ram beach area is the best in the area, but you've never seen it, because you stick to the touristy places

It is 53km from Pattaya. Entirely different area and not part of Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, susanlea said:

It is 53km from Pattaya. Entirely different area and not part of Pattaya.

easy to get to, shorter routes there, certainly quicker getting there than an island. Sattahip not far at all with all the flyovers, 20 mins from Sukhumvit top of Thepprasit, anyway don't go, it's much better with no tourists

• Love It 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

easy to get to, shorter routes there, certainly quicker getting there than an island. Sattahip not far at all with all the flyovers, 20 mins from Sukhumvit top of Thepprasit, anyway don't go, it's much better with no tourists

Hua Hin has a nice beach in the centre of town. Can walk there.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'd need to leave it hidden somewhere and you can pick it up

You lose man, I will be out of town (moving next week). Have fun at the food court! 🤣

Edited by JimTripper

Must admit no one is mentioning hobbies to keep the mind and body active. Cycling to remain healthy. Photography, chess, snooker, an hour in the gym every day, learn a musical instrument - learn Thai!

People who never saved money (live for today!?) surviving on meagre pensions and bored out of their heads.

1 minute ago, Purdey said:

Must admit no one is mentioning hobbies to keep the mind and body active. Cycling to remain healthy. Photography, chess, snooker, an hour in the gym every day, learn a musical instrument - learn Thai!

People who never saved money (live for today!?) surviving on meagre pensions and bored out of their heads.

Chess and snooker are incredibly boring.

Just now, susanlea said:

Chess and snooker are incredibly boring.

Not if you are good at them and win!! 😁

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Being happy with hobbies is something people with money do. Poor people tend to sit in their rooms a lot and not get out and don't take initiative. You don't find them running around smiling in parks and on beaches a lot.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

You lose man, I will be out of town (moving next week). Have fun at the food court! 🤣

That's a shame, i was going to do a 10 baht treasure hunt, give you clues and you go and find it somewhere in Pattaya

20 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Being happy with hobbies is something people with money do. Poor people tend to sit in their rooms a lot and not get out and don't take initiative. You don't find them running around smiling in parks and on beaches a lot.

True to a point.

But I'm extremely poor and I still read books ,go for walks ,go to second hand markets 

2 hours ago, susanlea said:

I left out drugs, traffic, pollution and a rocky beach you drive to.

Yes nothing worse than a rocky beach while stuck in traffic

1 minute ago, kwak250 said:

I thought that when i was shi7 at playing them

About as exciting as moping a floor and I'm good at snooker. Just very boring waste of time activities. Chess and snooker must be the worst retirement activities ever.

1 minute ago, kwak250 said:

Hua Hin was ok years ago still prefer Cha-am 

Hua Hin is better now than ever. More gyms, more hotels and really not many people. There is less to do in Cha-am.