I was bored out of my mind in Pattaya

1 minute ago, kwak250 said:

Hua Hin was ok years ago still prefer Cha-am 

Hua Hin is better now than ever. More gyms, more hotels and really not many people. There is less to do in Cha-am.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, susanlea said:

About as exciting as moping a floor and I'm good at snooker. Just very boring waste of time activities. Chess and snooker must be the worst retirement activities ever.

Chess is a bit boring.

Snooker and pool are much better, but then that's me.

The world would be very boring if we all like the same activities 

What is your idea of fun when your not moping the floor?

Edited by kwak250
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Hua Hin is better now than ever. More gyms, more hotels and really not many people. There is less to do in Cha-am.

We started our serach in Cha-Am, was gone after two nights even we already had booking and paid for a week. We settled in Hua Hin for 3 years until covid came, then moved to Isaan. Do not regret that choice now.

Just now, kwak250 said:

Chess is a bit boring Snooker and pool are much better but then that's me the world would be very boring if we all like the same activities 

Mopping floors is great exercise.

My forearms are powerful built 

I have a exercise type job 

I love my job 

Just now, kwak250 said:

Chess is a bit boring Snooker and pool are much better but then that's me the world would be very boring if we all like the same activities 

Gym, beach, eating, walking, live music. Chess and snooker are just lazy activities that do nothing for you.

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

We started our serach in Cha-Am, was gone after two nights even we already had booking and paid for a week. We settled in Hua Hin for 3 years until covid came, then moved to Isaan. Do not regret that choice now.

That's a shame.

Just now, susanlea said:

Gym, beach, eating, walking, live music. Chess and snooker are just lazy activities that do nothing for you.

Yes eating is a great exercise .

Walking /gym/beach are all good and live music although watching a live concert is not that good regarding exercise unless your in the mosh pit

3 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Try walking from Pattaya to Jomtien up the hill....walking is great , in fact a few times I took my luggage 🧳 bag with me to create more exercise 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Hua Hin is ok but loved it years ago before all the traffic

Just now, kwak250 said:

Yes eating is a great exercise .

Walking /gym/beach are all good and live music although watching a live concert is not that good regarding exercise unless your in the mosh pit

It is all movement. Walk to a restaurant and back. Swim at the beach and walk the sand. Movement is always good for you. 

6 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Do you search for waterfalls wherever you go? maybe one a week?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Try walking from Pattaya to Jomtien up the hill....walking is great , in fact a few times I took my luggage 🧳 bag with me to create more exercise 

Can you ride a bike along the beach from Jomtiem through Pratumnak to Pattaya. Or from Jomtiem to Na Jomtiem along the beach. Something to do. Stop at the beaches. 

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

It is all movement. Walk to a restaurant and back. Swim at the beach and walk the sand. Movement is always good for you. 

Lift the burger,have a bite , put it down yes all good exercise

• Haha 1

Just now, susanlea said:

Not much traffic at all with the bypass road.

Have you not been there in the week going past villa market around 5pm
If you live a long way out its ok but anywhere near the center is a nightmare 

Just now, kwak250 said:

Have you not been there in the week going past villa market around 5pm
If you live a long way out its ok but anywhere near the center is a nightmare 

I was there 3 weeks ago. There is some traffic but nothing like Bangkok. The inland roads have very little traffic. At night the roads are all quiet.

What a selfish lot you all are !!!

I started this thread because I was practically imprisoned in a small oven room in The View Talay 2B in Jomtien and not one ounce of sympathy or empathy 

I think nearly 6 weeks of this walking up going to that overpriced cafe run by a German guy and his staff ,sitting next to walking frames Warren and his drunk mates 

Please ! I got out 

16 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Nah not for me we visit hua hin at the weekends but still prefer Cha-am 
Always prefer less hotels/less pollution/less traffic
How many gyms/hotels do you need ? 

2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

I was there 3 weeks ago. There is some traffic but nothing like Bangkok. The inland roads have very little traffic. At night the roads are all quiet.

Oh compared to Bangkok yes but that is not saying much
4-5 hours in traffic jams no thanks

1 minute ago, kwak250 said:

Nah not for me we visit hua hin at the weekends but still prefer Cha-am 
Always prefer less hotels/less pollution/less traffic
How many gyms/hotels do you need ? 

Does Cha-am have any proper shopping centres?

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

I started this thread because I was practically imprisoned in a small oven room in The View Talay 2B in Jomtien and not one ounce of sympathy or empathy 

I think nearly 6 weeks of this walking up going to that overpriced cafe run by a German guy and his staff ,sitting next to walking frames Warren and his drunk mates 

Please ! I got out 

So why not get a nicer bigger condo with nice outlook - you can afford it - do normal stuff inside like write crap here - but have nice food and entertainment for a good price outside and a nice beach to walk along. Seems like you picked a depressing cheapie even though some of those View Talay look large and nice.

Just now, kwak250 said:

Oh compared to Bangkok yes but that is not saying much
4-5 hours in traffic jams no thanks

Far less traffic than Chiang Mai, Phuket or Pattaya. Hua Hin seems quiet in comparison. Those other places have lots of traffic on different roads.

Just now, kwak250 said:

Hua Hin is ok but loved it years ago before all the traffic

Living in a decent condominium central makes it ok, and no need for a car. And during the normal weekdays there is a great atmosphere with very few people around. Decent choice of restaurants, but nothing really high end, even Andreas had some moments where he really delivered top notch, but the last few times disappointed us, also with his arrogance when trying to give some heads up about our last experiences. Might be different now. 

Also a great expat environment with many different interest groups, hands down a lot more decent people in Hua Hin than other places I travelled,  and easy to meet and hook up with outside typical bar scenes. 

Very good gyms, tennis, golf, combat sports, and the Jazz festival was great, not sure if they are up and running again, since I'm off social media now. 

The beach and hills for walking, and with a big bike it was a great base for going anywhere in the country. No boring roads going south or North.

For those who searching young ladies, and p4p bar scene, I can understand Hua Hin is not a very good place. What I saw was mostly retired tired ladies, so better to Keep those guys in Pattaya and leave Hua Hin for couples 😉

Hua Hin is suposed to be good for swinging for those who is interested in that. Never got involved, but we had a few proposals. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Please ! I got out 

Where was the german place at?

Edited by JimTripper

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Having to move from the beach to Isaan.

Not at all, we live a decent life when we are in Isaan, a very good life which gives meaning, and also a nice contrast to chasing around to keep boredom away. 

A great base with all facilities we need, fresh food, live stock to feed from, and peace and quiet. But now we will spend more time back home, and secure our future both places. This is possible with good help from her family

Edited by Hummin

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Not at all, we live a decent life when we are in Isaan, a very good life which gives meaning, and also a nice contrast to chasing around to keep boredom away. 

A great base with all facilities we need, fresh food, live stock to feed from, and peace and quiet. But now we will spend more time back home, and secure our future both places. This is possible with good help from her family

Isaan is fairly polluted and there are no beaches or mountains. Walking around Central mall would be the highlight of the day.

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Living in a decent condominium central makes it ok, and no need for a car. And during the normal weekdays there is a great atmosphere with very few people around. Decent choice of restaurants, but nothing really high end, even Andreas had some moments where he really delivered top notch, but the last few times disappointed us, also with his arrogance when trying to give some heads up about our last experiences. Might be different now. 

Also a great expat environment with many different interest groups, hands down a lot more decent people in Hua Hin than other places I travelled,  and easy to meet and hook up with outside typical bar scenes. 

Very good gyms, tennis, golf, combat sports, and the Jazz festival was great, not sure if they are up and running again, since I'm off social media now. 

The beach and hills for walking, and with a big bike it was a great base for going anywhere in the country. No boring roads going south or North.

For those who searching young ladies, and p4p bar scene, I can understand Hua Hin is not a very good place. What I saw was mostly retired tired ladies, so better to Keep those guys in Pattaya and leave Hua Hin for couples 😉

Hua Hin is suposed to be good for swinging for those who is interested in that. Never got involved, but we had a few proposals. 

Nope wouldn't like to live in a condo.

OK for a few days.

Much prefer to be able to go for a drive and have some space around me.

All good though everyone is different .

I loved Hua hin 20-25 years ago but not so much now.