I was bored out of my mind in Pattaya

30 minutes ago, susanlea said:

I'm talking about hotels not immigration. Immigration is actually quicker for tourists now. No card to fill in. 30 days is moving to 60 days.

Your comments only apply to long term stays but Thailand has introduced a new 5 year visa. I read the cost was 10,000 baht.

I doubt it will work as intended. They can't even get the 90 day reporting and TM30 correct without giving people fines. It's not all "hunky dory", but a mess.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I doubt it will work as intended. They can't even get the 90 day reporting and TM30 correct without giving people fines. It's not all "hunky dory", but a mess.

If the 60 days gets implemented then you don't need any visa. Fly home every 59 days. You sound unhappy in Thailand anyway. Get a job cleaning hospitals. You don't need any skills.

Edited by susanlea

35 minutes ago, susanlea said:

If the 60 days gets implemented then you don't need any visa. Fly home every 59 days. You sound unhappy in Thailand anyway. Get a job cleaning hospitals. You don't need any skills.

You're right, I'm not happy in Thailand. I will probably choose Siem Reap as a long term base, rent a place there annually and do 60 day holiday's in Bali. The visa's are easy and nothing to worry about. I will also be keeping the retirement funds in my own account and not depositing them into a Thai bank.

Edited by JimTripper

13 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

You're right, I'm not happy in Thailand. I will probably choose Siem Reap as a long term base, rent a place there annually and do 60 day holiday's in Bali. The visa's are easy and nothing to worry about. I will also be keeping the retirement funds in my own account and not depositing them into a Thai bank.

Sounds like a good idea.

3 hours ago, susanlea said:

Chiang Mai hotels are guest friendly as far as I know. I don't think many hotels have policies against a second person. Normally they just want ID from all people staying but I would say half don't ask. They only want ID from the one paying. I have checked in some hotels without any ID as it was paid online. One condo they had no front office staff at night and key was left in secret spot.

I think most of your ideas are based on pre 2010. Thailand has changed a lot. Most people book and pay online now. Check in fast and most hotels don't ask questions.

I do not know what kind of hotels/resorts you check in to, but there is not one place yet I have been to where me or my wife did not show id! 

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I do not know what kind of hotels/resorts you check in to, but there is not one place yet I have been to where me or my wife did not show id! 

Just regular hotels or condos with gyms and pools. One condo had no staff, just security. Maybe you look dodgy.

3 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Just regular hotels or condos with gyms and pools. One condo had no staff, just security. Maybe you look dodgy.

You cant help yourself do you? Just a little high on your self?

Just to prove Im actually traveling quite a bit, and this is just the records since covid started. 4 years ago, so you k ow I know what Im talking about, and have experience with traveling and staying at hotels and resorts all over Thailand. 

Screenshot_20240615_081258_Maps.jpg

• Love It 1

Just now, Hummin said:

You cant help yourself do you? Just a little high on your self?

Just to prove Im actually traveling quite a bit, and this is just the records since covid started. 4 years ago, so you k ow I know what Im talking about, and have experience with traveling and staying at hotels and resorts all over Thailand. 

Screenshot_20240615_081258_Maps.jpg

Good for you. Why do you think I care? I don't.

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

Good for you. Why do you think I care? I don't.

You do, when you telling people how you see and experience Thailand, and make claims that is not true. 

Im trying to be as correct and sober as possible when I make statements or share my opinions, and as well, no problem to back down if someone corrects me with correct information if Im wrong. 

Just now, Hummin said:

You do, when you telling people how you see and experience Thailand, and make claims that is not true. 

Im trying to be as correct and sober as possible when I make statements or share my opinions, and as well, no problem to back down if someone corrects me with correct information if Im wrong. 

You are making comments about your life. Everyone has different experiences in life. It is very ignorant to think all hotels or staff act the same. They don't. Some want a key deposit, some don't. Some want payment up front, some later. Some give receipts some don't unless you ask. I just go with the flow.

5 minutes ago, susanlea said:

I look forward to reading about those countries.

If I do ever go away there will be many others to take my spot who like to complain...

Edited by JimTripper

You are making comments about your life. Everyone has different experiences in life. It is very ignorant to think all hotels or staff act the same. They don't. Some want a key deposit, some don't. Some want payment up front, some later. Some give receipts some don't unless you ask. I just go with the flow.

Still, no one so far have not forgot to ask about my id or my wife, and You talk about it like its normal, thats whay I show my stats for travelling in Thailand, 583 days on the road in 4 years, not one hotel or resort did not ask for id!

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Still, no one so far have not forgot to ask about my id or my wife, and You talk about it like its normal, thats whay I show my stats for travelling in Thailand, 583 days on the road in 4 years, not one hotel or resort did not ask for id!

Some of Susan's responses are bizarre and unusual for someone living here. They may not live in Thailand.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Normal for me. Happened more than a dozen times. My partner checks in before me sometimes, she shows ID I don't.

Your perception of life is rather strange. Just because you never experienced an event you falsely believe it never happens. Like saying I've never had my car stolen therefore it doesn't happen.

5 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Normal for me. Happened more than a dozen times. My partner checks in before me sometimes, she shows ID I don't.

Well there you go, read my replies, and dont be such a pain in the place where sun never shines! 

Your partner show id! Case closed!

5 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Can you swim in Jomtiem beach or is that a definite no no. Assume you cannot. 

It is water, of course you can swim 😉

But I have seen condoms in the water there and many other things

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Well there you go, read my replies, and dont be such a pain in the place where sun never shines! 

Your partner show id! Case closed!

What case? I was talking about both parties showing ID not just 1 person. Reading isn't your forte then you went on a rant about visiting a 1000 hotels in 4 years.

What case? I was talking about both parties showing ID not just 1 person. Reading isn't your forte then you went on a rant about visiting a 1000 hotels in 4 years.

Seriously? 

Previously you mentioned nothing about your partner showing id, I did twice, and you continue your rant. I call it "The mirror effect" where you try to push responsibility or make false claims about other, when it is you

Just now, Hummin said:

Seriously? 

Previously you mentioned nothing about your partner showing id, I did twice, and you continue your rant. I call it "The mirror effect" where you try to push responsibility or make false claims about other, when it is you

You reading skills are lacking.

4 hours ago, susanlea said:

Normally they just want ID from all people staying but I would say half don't ask. They only want ID from the one paying

What I said before your 1000 hotel rant.

4 hours ago, susanlea said:

Chiang Mai hotels are guest friendly as far as I know. I don't think many hotels have policies against a second person. Normally they just want ID from all people staying but I would say half don't ask. They only want ID from the one paying. I have checked in some hotels without any ID as it was paid online. One condo they had no front office staff at night and key was left in secret spot.

I think most of your ideas are based on pre 2010. Thailand has changed a lot. Most people book and pay online now. Check in fast and most hotels don't ask questions.

You forgot the rest!

Edited by Hummin

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You forgot the rest!

Which is true. Checked in and out of a condo without seeing any reception staff. Picked up and dropped key in same spot.

Edited by susanlea