5 year multiple entry DTV visa (Destination Thailand) from 2024-xx-xx

4 hours ago, DCXMX said:

Thanks for posting.  Thats the most detail I have seen.

I checked the official evisa website and noticed it is down for maintenance a lot of the next couple of days.  I would bet they are doing upgrades for the new visa now and it will probably launch on the 15th.  We should know all the details soon.

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

image.png.e08c82e0d1c2494b6b7dae8d0ab98ff3.png

This suggests you can stay 5 years continuously. Only having to leave the country once a year after 360 days.

Yes, but you can only get the visa one time.  A lot could change in five years but those are the rules right now.

Edited by shdmn
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, anrcaccount said:

As long as you can show 500k THB, and a reason to visit - which can include attending a music festival or a cooking class, there you go, a 5 year multiple entry visa, only 10k THB....

How's that Elite Visa purchase feeling?

42 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

It's on the Washington DC website now

https://washingtondc.thaiembassy.org/en/page/dtv-visa

So weird it has what someone needs to apply for DTV but still has no info on how it actually works (eg 180 days maximum per year for 5 years). You also cannot apply for it as US only does e-visa and DTV is not in the e-visa drop down list.

So pretty meaningless having it on the Washington embassy website. That aside, will many people actually be able to provide the proof of employment needed anyway:

5. Employment contract or employment certificate in their country or professional portfolio showcasing digital nomad, remote worker, foreign talent or freelancer status

Edited by Pattaya57

Also on the Thai Embassy Washington website, cost of DTV is US$400, which is same price as the 10 year O-X visa and equals about 14,400 baht.

Edited by Pattaya57

3 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

That aside, will many people actually be able to provide the proof of employment needed anyway:

5. Employment contract or employment certificate in their country or professional portfolio showcasing digital nomad, remote worker, foreign talent or freelancer status

Doesn't look very difficult,  who wants to bet the Zoolander style "professional" modelling portfolio may suffice!

Failing that, simply enrol in a Thai cooking class and get the visa granted under the "soft power" reasoning.

If this is as it seems written, it'll be exceptionally popular amongst those looking to visit, emigrate and those currently residing in Thailand under a myriad of other visas.

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Also on the Thai Embassy Washington website, cost of DTV is US$400, which is same price as the 10 year O-X visa and equals about 14,400 baht.

Not everyone qualifies (read: not old enough) for the O-X

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Persuader0963 said:

Not everyone qualifies (read: not old enough) for the O-X

That wasn't my point. I was pointing out cost is 14,400 baht, not the 10,000 that's been advertised

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

That wasn't my point. I was pointing out cost is 14,400 baht, not the 10,000 that's been advertised

RTE and RTC always use an unfavorable exchange rate when converting THB to local currency. Unfortunately not much can be done about that. 

10,000 baht!!
NOTE the NOTE below> so when???

451553019_923006849871824_50269772541313

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin posted on Monday a message on his X social media account to inform about Thailand new visa measures, as follows:

"To complement the recent ranking by World of Statistics as the fourth most beautiful country in the world, we will soon be granting 60-day visa exemption for nationals from 93 countries and territories and visa-on-arrival for nationals from 31 countries and territories. Apart from that, under the Ignite Thailand vision, we are granting a 180-day visa for digital nomads and those traveling to Thailand to take courses in Muay Thai and Thai cuisine, as well for seminar, organizing music festival and art exhibition, and medical treatment purposes."

37 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

10,000 baht!!

10,000 baht is the Thai published rate so it will be much more from Thai Embassy/Consulates due to applied exchange rate, just like all other visa fees.

Examples:

Tourist Visa - 1000 baht (but costs $40 = 1440 baht)

Non-imm O - 2000 baht (but costs $80 = 2880 baht)

DTV - 10,000 baht (but costs $400 = 14,400 baht)

Edited by Pattaya57

26 minutes ago, lisaflisa said:

So people will really get 180 upon each entry during 5 years? Why get anything else than a DTV now?

Great question, this visa (if implemented as it looks), will be extremely popular and

• as well as attracting new visitors/migrants will, also
  • Put many other existing visa types on the back burner, with many existing holders likely to be advantaged by changing to this.

Even many retirement and marriage visa holders will surely consider this, why not?

34 minutes ago, lisaflisa said:

So people will really get 180 upon each entry during 5 years? Why get anything else than a DTV now?

Because most would not be a digital nomad and don't want to sign up for Thai language or Thai cooking classes for 5 years, if thats even possible

I'm happy with my 1900 baht per year retirement extension

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 2

On 7/14/2024 at 1:24 AM, anrcaccount said:

This looks like a complete free for all.

No. Sir, please get appropriate visa, you are not a digital nomad and are married and/or are in retirement age. Please step aside, next.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

still no official announcement?

more delays?

DTV is now on the official Thailand e-visa application site. Can't get any more official than that

Screenshot_20240715_182932_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/13/2024 at 10:21 PM, DonniePeverley said:

Big difference Cambodia and Laos are not open to India. The indian economy per gdp is far lower than Thailand. There will be incentives for them to come and work here.

I agree that opening borders to lower-wage nations is a very different thing, due to incentives to work illegally - where an "under the table" job pays more than a legal job where they come from.  

However, Thailand already has this problem - facilitated by unlimited land-border entries - with its neighbors.  Regular Thai working folks would be much better off, with higher wages and much greater opportunities, if illegal-hiring were stopped.  But, given who benefits from it, and that the EMPLOYERS who benefit are the ones who need to be targeted by law-enforcement to stop it, I find that unlikely.  This problem is not unique to Thailand.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, lisaflisa said:

So I guess there will be some redundancies over at Thai Privilege Card in Sathorn soon... Why would anyone pay 900k for a 5y visa, when they can pay 10k?

I can't disagree with you, the DTV is pretty much an Elite visa killer.

2 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I can't disagree with you, the DTV is pretty much an Elite visa killer.

Looks like it. I am looking at DTV, but might still spring for 10yr Elite to have some certainty on visa status up to age 50 (about to turn 40)