leg angioplasty Cost?

I require a procedure to increase the blood flow in my legs.

One of the options is leg angioplasty.

Does anyone have experience of having this done in Thailand ?

What are the costs of having this procedure done?

They would usually not do an angioplasty alone, but also insert a stent.

Alternative is a bypass.

Which procedure is best, must be individually determined by an experienced vascular surgeon.

Cost will very much depend on where it is done, private hospital or government hospital. Very roughly, angioplasty plus stent at a private hospital probably around 250K baht.

Whatever is done, aggressive medical treatment of risk factors (hyperlipdemia, diabetes) is important.

Where in Thailand are you?

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

They would usually not do an angioplasty alone, but also insert a stent.

Alternative is a bypass.

Which procedure is best, must be individually determined by an experienced vascular surgeon.

Cost will very much depend on where it is done, private hospital or government hospital. Very roughly, angioplasty plus stent at a private hospital probably around 250K baht.

Whatever is done, aggressive medical treatment of risk factors (hyperlipdemia, diabetes) is important.

Where in Thailand are you?

I was qouted 300k for bypass at Bangkok Pattaya 2 years ago.

4 hours ago, Paris333 said:

Source:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/coronary-angioplasty/about/pac-20384761

300.000 Tbaht or €7.511 is very expensive stent procedure if you do not cover from free public medical insurance.

Take in your consideration :

1.Your general medical record 

2.Your current of age

3.If you have been corona vaccinated ......(??????)

14 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Actually not much cost difference in Thailand between the angioplasty with stent, and bypass. The reason being the cost of the stent for the former. 

25 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Actually not much cost difference in Thailand between the angioplasty with stent, and bypass. The reason being the cost of the stent gor the former. 

Docs reckon a stent wont work for me and need bypass.

Was planned to do last year but other health hiccups put shut to that.

I have decided no hospital stays for 2024 so will revisit the idea of surgery next year.

57 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Docs reckon a stent wont work for me and need bypass.

Was planned to do last year but other health hiccups put shut to that.

I have decided no hospital stays for 2024 so will revisit the idea of surgery next year.

If you are in need of a bypass,  you have severe PAD and delay is inadvisable, could well end up losing your leg.

My brother delayed on PAD treatment (and did not well manage his underlying conditions), ended up with an amputation, then amputation revision, multiple wound infections and eventually died of complications from sepsis from the poorly healing wound.

You should take this seriously. It is not emergency surgery in the sense of needing to be done at once, but a more than 6 month delay is very inadvisable.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

If you are in need of a bypass,  you have severe PAD and delay is inadvisable, could well end up losing your leg.

My brother delayed on PAD treatment (and did not well manage his underlying conditions), ended up with an amputation, then amputation revision, multiple wound infections and eventually died of complications from sepsis from the poorly healing wound.

You should take this seriously. It is not emergency surgery in the sense of needing to be done at once, but a more than 6 month delay is very inadvisable.

My doctor shares the same sentiment, my last ABI was 0.6... improved from 0.4.

I'll revisit the idea of surgery next year if no further improvement.

10 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

My doctor shares the same sentiment, my last ABI was 0.6... improved from 0.4.

I'll revisit the idea of surgery next year if no further improvement.

You delay that long at your  serious peril. 

Listen to your doctor. 

Not doing so may cost you your leg or more.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

You delay that long at your  serious peril. 

Listen to your doctor. 

Not doing so may cost you your leg or more.  

Given my health hiccups last year.... I have an exit plan in place and will implement when I choose to.

I will not be going back to hospital this year, if this turns to be a bad call well so be it but I will exit with two legs.

The OP might consider getting it done in India if cost is an issue. I had an aorta-illiac bypass with two kissing stents done in Chennai about five years ago.Think it was about $6,000 all in. 

3 minutes ago, Yme said:

The OP might consider getting it done in India if cost is an issue. I had an aorta-illiac bypass with two kissing stents done in Chennai about five years ago.Think it was about $6,000 all in. 

i read the other day that 1 in 3 doctors in India are fake which put me off, further investigation required