Young girl shares six-year abuse ordeal; Stepfather arrested

george

abuse-12yo-girl.jpeg

An incredibly brave twelve-year-old girl’s revelation of enduring six years of abuse has led to the arrest of her stepfather in Bangkok. Despite the girl's attempts to alert her mother, her pleas fell on deaf ears. Police Major General Thiti Saengsawang led a complex operation resulting in the arrest of the stepfather, Amnuay Dongtan, 60.

Beginning when she was only six in Tak province, the abuse continued even after the family moved to Bangkok. It was the girl's budding courage amid debilitating illness, dengue fever, in May 2024 that led her to confide in a doctor.

Upon verifying the abuse, the doctor alerted the authorities, and the girl was taken into protective care in a Bangkok safe house. The victim’s brother also played a pivotal role by filing a police report that built a robust legal case against Dongtan.

Though the girl’s mother attempted to mislead the police during the arrest, and Dongtan denied the allegations, Major General Teeradej Thamsuthi declared the girl's account credible. The strong evidence led the court to issue an arrest warrant swiftly. This case exposes the grim reality of child abuse within a household and urges the community to vigilantly protect its vulnerable members.

-- The Thaiger 2024-06-01

• Sad 1

On 6/1/2024 at 9:18 PM, dinsdale said:

Fair chance it will be an American

Amnuay Dongtan is hardly an American name is it!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/1/2024 at 8:55 PM, george said:

Though the girl’s mother attempted to mislead the police during the arrest, and Dongtan denied the allegations, Major General Teeradej Thamsuthi declared the girl's account credible.

Some men become reduced to ugly , mindless beasts when they grow old ...

Why ? Probably a damaged brain by years of abuse of lao kao ... or lived a loveless life without any empathy that finally turned him into a humon , a human monster .

I do not think that he was even able to realize what he did to that little girl ...

SAD .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Some men become reduced to ugly , mindless beasts when they grow old ...

Why ? Probably a damaged brain by years of abuse of lao kao ... or lived a loveless life without any empathy that finally turned him into a humon , a human monster .

I do not think that he was even able to realize what he did to that little girl ...

SAD .

on this forum, the story of sexual harassment in middle-school-aged students shows how young, many males begin this evil journey - it will be really interesting to me to see how the authorities/school officials respond to the actions of the male students.  Another sad story but this one today is absolutely one of the worse I have read.  Reminds me of some other countries (different religion) that I have lived in.  An UGLY subject for sure and hope that the young girl can recover mentally.

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, D M G said:

Death is too swift

Life sentence in "The Hole"

Solitary

use the stepfather as a test monkey for new medicine. if it works great we can heal other people and save countless lives. if not oh well no loss.  

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, stoner said:

use the stepfather as a test monkey for new medicine. if it works great we can heal other people and save countless lives. if not oh well no loss.  

I think that he is ( mentally ) different from other , normal , people .

Therefore he may not be an ideal subject for the testing of new medicines ...?

Depends if the mind has influence on the general health of the body ...?

1 minute ago, nobodysfriend said:

I think that he is ( mentally ) different from other , normal , people .

Therefore he may not be an ideal subject for the testing of new medicines ...?

Depends if the mind has influence on the general health of the body ...?

you could give him cancer or some other nasty disease that we need to find a cure for. 

• Agree 1

she needs to dis-own that horrible mother immediately and spit on her grave when she dies,   and as for the stepfather,  well.....   revenge is a dish best served cold,   when she's older, a few thousand baht can get anyone removed here. 

• Like 1

Who's going to be the 1st to say execute him? Fair chance it will be an American. Yes this is very bad but it happens globally and in some religions and theocratic countries it's not a problem. Thailand had flags at 1/2 mast for the president of a country that hanged the victim of a rape and not the perp. The world is fkd. 

Fair chance it will be an American.

On 6/1/2024 at 8:55 PM, george said:

Police Major General Thiti Saengsawang led a complex operation resulting in the arrest of the stepfather, Amnuay Dongtan, 60.

Actually, very good chance this is not an American.

42 minutes ago, JOE BAMA said:

What in the world would make you think he's American??

Read my post a little closer. I'm saying more than likely the 1st poster to say the bloke should be executed will be from the mighty US of A. I'm obviously not saying the perp is from the USA.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, rtco said:

Amnuay Dongtan is hardly an American name is it!!!

2 hours ago, JOE BAMA said:

What in the world would make you think he's American??

1 hour ago, Misty said:

Actually, very good chance this is not an American.

wow, reading comprehension.
actually makes me think about how to formulate a post in such a way that it will be understood by readers viewers

24 minutes ago, tgw said:

wow, reading comprehension.
actually makes me think about how to formulate a post in such a way that it will be understood by readers viewers

Nothing to do with reading comprehension. OP was ambiguous.

On 6/1/2024 at 4:18 PM, dinsdale said:

Who's going to be the 1st to say execute him? Fair chance it will be an American. Yes this is very bad but it happens globally and in some religions and theocratic countries it's not a problem. Thailand had flags at 1/2 mast for the president of a country that hanged the victim of a rape and not the perp. The world is fkd. 

Not often I have used the confused emotion, but, seriously, what do you mean by this post?