UK warns British tourists to behave in Thailand or face jail time

webfact

A complete waste of time, the dregs that cause trouble here mostly can't read and have the brain of a neanderthal.

A spell in the Hilton will do them good, lock them up 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Then you should educate yourself on the difference between the two.

I'm part of the problem ????  :cheesy:....    the problem of idiots misunderstanding a thread about the Foreign office advising its nationals of visa regulations and bigots going off on a Brit bash !!!....   ???  hmm... 

This is the problem with these fora... they are full of idiots who suck out the oxygen and replace it with with their hypoxic stupidity.

Once you take your head out of your backside and are able to re-oxygenate those brain cells... what problem are you imagining and what solution could 'I be part of' ???    - seriously, your comment itself is so ridiculously unintelligent !!! 

No, they are just having some fun at your expense and a few have comprehension issues.   Most know the OP has nothing to do with offensive behavior.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

two

Right.

An endemic of two negative Swiss men, one of who was obviously mentally unwell.

Waiting for the Swiss government to put out a statement now. 

Two, twice, a couple. 
Don’t look over here, look at the Swiss. 

6 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

To avoid paying the tax. Much cheaper.

i have been buying some from Cambodia I think. Cheaper and none of those stupid warnings on the packets. I bought them from a Burmese guy in Patong.

I applaud this warning from the UK Foreign Office.

what I have noticed in the short time I have been here is the terrible behavior from the Brits. Murders, trying to rip off poor sex workers, bashing the elderly Thais, human trafficking and child molesting etc etc

It is disgusting. 
And ironically most of the Brits I have met here are constantly criticizing Russians.

People in glass houses should have a good hard look in the mirrors.

So you admonish others for breaking the law, yet in the same post you openly brag about buying illegal cigarettes to avoid paying duty, Knowing full well, as we all do, that the profits from such illegal enterprise are often used to fund people smuggling and sex trafficking operations. Then you end the lesson in hypocrisy with "people in glass houses"

Jesus you really are a piece of work

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Right.

An epidemic of two negative Swiss men, one of whom was obviously mentally unwell.

Two, twice, a couple. 

There you go, I put your English right

Could I perhaps suggest a remedial course in English, you obviously need help

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Knowing full well, as we all do, that the profits from such illegal enterprise are often used to fund people smuggling and sex trafficking operations

Yeah, sure mate. 
Everyone knows that.

Got a link for any of your accusations?

4 minutes ago, schweizer said:

There you go, I put your English right

Could I perhaps suggest a remedial course in English, you obviously need help

Will they help me speak proper?

4 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Yeah, sure mate. 
Everyone knows that.

Got a link for any of your accusations?

I haven't made any accusations, I didn't need to , you admitted everything.      if you want any further  information about  the illegal tobacco trade and its links to organised crime there is no shortage of it on google. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I haven't made any accusations, I didn't need to , you admitted everything.      if you want any further  information about  the illegal tobacco trade and its links to organised crime there is no shortage of it on google. 

No need to google, everyone knows that.

I just asked my girlfriend. She said she didn’t know that either and that the Burmese guy who sold them to me was just trying to make some money to send back to his family in Myanmar and wasn’t a sex trafficker.

There is a lot of trouble over there at the moment.

A lot of Burmese in Thailand now.

Posted (edited)

You can now come without a visa for 60 day business assignments but they haven't changed the working of aliens legislation.  So you can still be busted for working without a work permit. Seems to be a trap. 

You can also be forced by pay tax for the time spent on a business assignment.  It happened to me years ago when I was new to Thailand.  Immigration gouged me for 40,000 baht income tax based on the officer's assumption from looking at Thai stamps in my passport that I was working on several visits of a few days each and his personal assessment of what he thought my salary might be, which I just agreed to because it was much less than I was earning.  I needed to get a NON-B visa from him, so I had little choice but to given in to the extortion and my company was decent enough to reimburse me.  I got some sort of receipt, which at least facilitated the claim from my company, but doubt that the cash was forwarded to the Revenue Department.  

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

Right.

An endemic of two negative Swiss men, one of who was obviously mentally unwell.

Two, twice, a couple. 

Your observations underscore a discernible absence of critical thought, an dearth of intellectual balance, and a lamentable deficiency in education.

It incredibly easy to pinpoint three discrete instances involving the Swiss this year. However, this remains irrelevant to the discussion, as you persistently falter in understanding anyone else's comments.

1) This thread is about the British Foreign Office reiterating their advisory for British Nationals to adhere to Thailands visa stipulations. This thread became requisite subsequent to Thailand's proclamation that incoming individuals would be granted a 60-day stay, a policy not yet implemented.

2) The focal point herein does not revolve around inebriated British tourists or British individuals causing disturbances in Thailand. Those who disparage the British, much like yourself, have interjected such remarks into the conversation due to an inability to engage with the actual subject matter, instead fixating on a misleading headline.

3) Furthermore, you have failed to grasp the notion that individuals exhibiting misconduct hail from every nation, a reality readily discernible in media coverage.

4) Similarly, you have overlooked the concept that the transgressions of a select few do not serve as a representative benchmark for an entire nation.

I would be remiss to castigate the entirety of your nation as undereducated and bigoted based solely on the cognitive challenges you evidently face and example in this thread.

you like links... 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1321119-thai-woman-assaulted-by-swiss-man-in-phuket/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1321451-foreign-man-throws-glass-at-a-thai-woman-in-a-dog-cafe/

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/03/06/a-swiss-man-seriously-hurts-thai-woman-in-trang-supermarket/

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)

Many guys want to let go in Thailand. Want to let it all hang out. Some of those guys, are one of those guys, who look better with their shirt on.

Are you one of those guys by the pool?

Edited by JimTripper

13 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

One just has to see the mess these Brit drunks create in Spain. Even the locals in Spain are fed up.

Specific areas of Spain that are specifically targeting British Tourists - with cheap accommodation, cheap booze, cheap 'pseudo-British food'...  (Benidorm, Mallorca etc) - despicable places to be avoided at all costs..  But, this is what the Spanish wanted, or rather, they wanted to attract these cheap tourists, concentrated them all in congested area's, but then complain when they get the accompanying cheap chavy behavior. 

Its exactly the same in Bali with Australians...    Its the Same in Cancun with those from the USA.

And now... we have the Japanese complaining about the hoards of Chinese and Thai Tourists.

Ultimately, anywhere there are a lot of tourists from a specific nation, some of those tourists are going to be behave diks and build a negative reputation....  In Japan now, even Thai's try and avoid other Thai's because they are embarrassed by their behavior....   In much the same way we (I) are often embarrassed by the behavior of other Westerners in Thailand and worry we will be tarred by the same brush....    

... But...  that doesn't mean there is a sweeping generalisation that fits the behavior of all from than nation. 

BUT....  this thread is about Visa's and overstating - not about behavior of tourists !!! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, daveAustin said:

They won’t listen. While my country has nice, polite people that often find their way here, it also produces scummy bogun types. I’m all for turning them around or better still send them to Oz. Oh wait! 😜

Close the borders!

simple.

yes far too many boguns 

8 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

None of these stereotypes are strictly British. There are bad people everywhere. There is no country that has a monopoly of sending trashy people to Thailand. It is good that the UK government called it out though.

The Chinese are the most proactive, they will prosecute people that get deported from foreign countries.

Fortunately the football thugs can't afford the tickets. 🙂

Indeed these thugs come from everywhere. Thailand, especially Pattaya and Phuket seems to attract them like flies an a <deleted>.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Specific areas of Spain that are specifically targeting British Tourists - with cheap accommodation, cheap booze, cheap 'pseudo-British food'...  (Benidorm, Mallorca etc) - despicable places to be avoided at all costs..  But, this is what the Spanish wanted, or rather, they wanted to attract these cheap tourists, concentrated them all in congested area's, but then complain when they get the accompanying cheap chavy behavior. 

Its exactly the same in Bali with Australians...    Its the Same in Cancun with those from the USA.

And now... we have the Japanese complaining about the hoards of Chinese and Thai Tourists.

Ultimately, anywhere there are a lot of tourists from a specific nation, some of those tourists are going to be behave diks and build a negative reputation....  In Japan now, even Thai's try and avoid other Thai's because they are embarrassed by their behavior....   In much the same way we (I) are often embarrassed by the behavior of other Westerners in Thailand and worry we will be tarred by the same brush....    

... But...  that doesn't mean there is a sweeping generalisation that fits the behavior of all from than nation. 

BUT....  this thread is about Visa's and overstating - not about behavior of tourists !!! 

Also worth noting is that Germans also cause a lot of trouble in Spain

Ballerman has been a centre of debauchery for many years, there is even a German movie about it

and according the recent reports a German Hells Angel is causing havoc on the island of Mallorca using his gang to control businesses and extort money

as far as I can see any country that tempts cheap holidaymakers to their shore to make quick easy money is asking for trouble and shouldn't go crying afterwards

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Bigotry? Calm down.
Next you will be using the race card.

By denying all this you are part of the problem when you could be part of the solution.

aye aye calm down, calm down, dey do do dat do dont dey

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope... You can do your own leg work....   

There are plenty of articles on this very forum of  non-Thai's misbehaving and getting themselves into legal difficulties, and some of them have been Swiss... in fact, very recently two of the most famous stories were of Swiss nationals misbehaving...  but you still miss the point that this news, is of a warning to remain within visa regulations. 

It also seems you are unable to find information on any Governments webpage advising its citizens to remain within the legal bounds of their entry permissions when travelling overseas, you are too stupid to entertain any further discussion with... 

Time for a quote I think: Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

You can waste your own time a look for your own links.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat youwith experience.'”

Love this!  I can use this on the political threads.