UK warns British tourists to behave in Thailand or face jail time

webfact

America has there share of equivalents.

Fortunately distance, combined with lack of cash and the fact the State Department will not issue passports to individuals that have not paid child support keeps many but not all riff raff out of Thailand 

For now.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, kevozman1 said:

Well you have 2k+ posts within this year, and we're only in early June. Get out of your condo much? You could end up at the point that if media says there are 100metre tall fire breathing flamingos creating havoc you will believe it they say it enough.

But anyway given the nature of media, do you never question it? Say if I had a negative bias for Mongolians and I lived in Portugal, but I highlighted every incident involving a Mongolian person living in Portugal, would you just accept that or the reporting? What did you make of the BLM riots a while back? According to the media Black Americans were being victimized hardcore, yet the stats show they attack other races more than other races attack them - playing victim whilst lashing out, and the media ran with this narrative as it obviously serves a larger purpose.

The c00f has already proven to me that most people's critical thinking is low, but I do like to try and get into the minds of some people to see if there is anything remaining that can be salvaged, or just the remnants of mind-crushed automatons.

are you a stalker?

ii can’t bothered to read the rest of your gibberish.

go back to the pub

2 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

No need to google, everyone knows that.

I just asked my girlfriend. She said she didn’t know that either and that the Burmese guy who sold them to me was just trying to make some money to send back to his family in Myanmar and wasn’t a sex trafficker.

There is a lot of trouble over there at the moment.

A lot of Burmese in Thailand now.

One can only hope that they are also fully informed as to the various visa regulations that apply to them.  Selling illegal black-market cigarettes   is hardly likely to be encouraged

3 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

No need to google, everyone knows that.

I just asked my girlfriend. She said she didn’t know that either and that the Burmese guy who sold them to me was just trying to make some money to send back to his family in Myanmar and wasn’t a sex trafficker.

There is a lot of trouble over there at the moment.

A lot of Burmese in Thailand now.

And the quality of the cigarettes?

I wouldnt smoke any dirt cheap black marked cigarettes if I smoked. 

2 hours ago, kevozman1 said:

The c00f has already proven to me that most people's critical thinking is low, but I do like to try and get into the minds of some people to see if there is anything remaining that can be salvaged, or just the remnants of mind-crushed automatons.

+1 with that comment....

More than the subject itself - many comments, bias' and outright fluckwittery are of interest to some of us - it interesting from a psychological and sociological point of view to get an insight into the minds of some of those who post the more daft comments... 

For some I see no hope at all and just hope they can't afford a car, for being on the road at the same time of some of the idiots leaves cause for concern !!!... 

• Love It 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

+1 with that comment....

More than the subject itself - many comments, bias' and outright fluckwittery are of interest to some of us - it interesting from a psychological and sociological point of view to get an insight into the minds of some of those who post the more daft comments... 

For some I see no hope at all and just hope they can't afford a car, for being on the road at the same time of some of the idiots leaves cause for concern !!!... 

You sound very uptight.

The thread is UK warns British tourists to behave in Thailand or face jail time

I don’t get what you are ranting on about.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

You sound very uptight.

181 posts and joined a week ago! What else upsets you my guy? Which other subjects have the social engineers caused you to be a finger pointing/pitchfork raising state of mind over? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I imagine every fat-bellied, gold chain wearing, tattooed Brit always read up on the FO advice before they travel anywhere.

It was in one of the daily papers Mail, or Express, or one of the other quality rags! 

24 minutes ago, kevozman1 said:

181 posts and joined a week ago! What else upsets you my guy? Which other subjects have the social engineers caused you to be a finger pointing/pitchfork raising state of mind over? 

Yes I have been busy getting visa, bank account, citizenship, hotel license and business advice.

it has been fantastic to be honest and saved me a lot of legwork.

and have been awarded many awards also from the forum which you probably noticed.

What has horrified me is the constant stream of shocking reports involving Brits behaving terribly, murder, ripping of sex workers, hit and runs etc etc

No wonder the UK givernment has given this warning with the threat of jail. Thai jail at that.

On 6/4/2024 at 11:59 AM, Dmaxdan said:

All they have to do is search their luggage before they board the plane a Heathrow. If they find wife beater vests, football shirts or union jack shorts just don't let them board the aircraft. Easy. 

They beat their wife's with vests disgusting 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 1:28 PM, shackleton said:

The few bad apples  are tarring the many  good Brit Tourists who abide by the rules 

Only really in the eyes of fools, bigots and the ignorant.

Even when generalisations are likely more right than wrong, those that classify an individual based on a generalisation of a single characteristic are quite possibly hiding far worse character flaws.

• Love It 1

On 6/4/2024 at 6:10 PM, Sheryl said:

Unfortunately they have misinformed people re the 60 day visa exempt entry. It is now June 4th and not being provided yet,

Sounds like you can't extend it either, anyone know about extending it???? 

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

Sounds like you can't extend it either, anyone know about extending it???? 

Nobody is getting the 60 days yet but when they do there should be no reason why you can't extend it once for 30 days.

5 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

On 6/5/2024 at 6:54 AM, MalcolmB said:

You sound very uptight.

The point is that you have consistently and  totally missed the point (the fact that your bigoted head is so far up your own fundament perhaps a factor!). The article was about the FCO warning British citizens to comply with Thai immigration regulations, not some sort of (superfluous) generalised warning about complying with Thai criminal law. No matter how much you might have liked it to have been be the latter, the point is that it simply wasn’t!

An earlier poster quoted, apropos of your posts, the Mark Twain aphorism ‘Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

Mark was right and you are the individual he was referring to!

Edited by SE23inPhuket