Nearly 15 Million ‘Fragile’ People Entitled To Digital Wallet Within Fiscal 2024

webfact

image.jpeg

OFFICIALLY BRANDED AS “FRAGILE” types of people, nearly 15 million nationwide will be entitled to the 10,000-baht, digital wallet handout project before fiscal 2024 ends, government spokesperson Chai Wacharong confirmed today (June 4).

The 14.98 million “fragile” Thai nationals who may currently hold state welfare cards will be the first recipients to the 10,000-baht digital wallet to be handed out within the end of September which marks the end of the current fiscal year whilst other categories of recipients totalling some 35 million will have to wait until the fourth quarter of this year or during October and December, according to the government spokesperson.

The cabinet today approved the Budget Bureau’s proposal for the acquisition of 122 billion baht in supplementary budget as part of the Central Fund to finance the digital wallet project specifically for the 14.98 million “fragile” recipients throughout the country, Chai said.

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

A representative image of the digital wallet project. Photo: Thai Rath

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-06-05

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 5

Seeing as the last update that I read said that this bribe is available to all Thais (above a certain age) with less than 500,000 baht in their bank account.

I respectfully suggest that if one has 499,999 baht in their account, then they are not 'fragile people'.

(What if they have multiple accounts???)

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Somebody at Thai Rath needs to learn how to type '10,000'.

Someone reading this thread needs to know that Thai Newsroom not Thai Rath produced the image.

• Haha 2

Initially this "scheme", in addition to buying votes, was meant for some 50 Million people, for the purpose of "juicing" an otherwise moribund economy.

Since the initial promise, it's been whittled down multiple times.

Now it's down to just under 15 Million "fragile" people.

An abject failure, limping along on life support with no identified source of funding.

Incompetence.

Has this government accomplished anything?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

All these fragile people should pretty much be expired by now....

Who have been waiting ages for this 10,000 baht, that was going to save them...

This 10,000 baht will be gone in days, then whats going to happen to the fragile people?

Edited by redwood1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Rats! I was hoping that as there are some saying I was “fragile” due to being “woke” that I would be eligible. Ah, well … (said tongue in cheek, only to bring a smile to your face).

Don't they mean only 15 million... that number should be a lot higher. i would think that many who do not file taxes or have their names and incomes on record are a lot more than this 15 million

• Agree 1