Thailand to tax residents’ foreign income irrespective of remittance

4 minutes ago, Yumthai said:

Will relocation within Thailand be the new way to mitigate or completely avoid paying tax?

Anything is possible. If it keeps going like it's going, that may very well be the way to do it.

BUT, if your Thailand tax return becomes part of the visa renewal process, that may be different from office to office also.

1 hour ago, Talon said:

Anything is possible. If it keeps going like it's going, that may very well be the way to do it.

BUT, if your Thailand tax return becomes part of the visa renewal process, that may be different from office to office also.

Not really a solution I think as TRD can show up years later and demand taxes. The risk will always be there but then tit likely that nothing at all will happen.

17 minutes ago, stat said:

Not really a solution I think as TRD can show up years later and demand taxes. The risk will always be there but then tit likely that nothing at all will happen.

All true, stat.  TIT.

What happens for you or me today, may not happen for either of us -- or anyone else -- tomorrow or the next day or next week.

10 minutes ago, Talon said:

What happens for you or me today, may not happen for either of us -- or anyone else -- tomorrow or the next day or next week.

OR  ... What happens for you or me today, may not happen for either to all of us -- and anyone else -- tomorrow or the next day or next week or in a few years ... :smile:

6 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

OR  ... What happens for you or me today, may not happen for either to all of us -- and anyone else -- tomorrow or the next day or next week or in a few years ... :smile:

Yes, an infinite number of results possible -- even for two different foreigners in the same place at the same time. 🤣

1 hour ago, stat said:

Hey just wait for the statute of limitations to run out....Someone can leave the country the day before they are due to be charged in court and come back the day after the statute of limitations expire...100% Scott free, with all charges dropped.....

Edited by redwood1

26 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Hey just wait for the statute of limitations to run out....

Does Thailand even have a statute of limitations on their laws?

1 hour ago, Talon said:

All true, stat.  TIT.

We all may die suddenly overnight so enjoy each day if and when it comes!!!

1 hour ago, Talon said:

Does Thailand even have a statute of limitations on their laws?

I guess you have not been keeping up with the Tak Bai massacre case.....Every one of those charged conveniently left the country and missed their court dates.....And all are free men now because of the statute of limitations...

Edited by redwood1