Daily Airbnb does not require a hotel license!

1 minute ago, Robert Paulson said:

Imagine it.people,can do what they want with their own property 

Yeah, I was misled by a bunch of clowns who kept saying that daily Airbnb is illegal and requires a hotel license even for a single room

22 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Yeah, I was misled by a bunch of clowns who kept saying that daily Airbnb is illegal and requires a hotel license even for a single room

You gotta watch those clowns.

They pop up on all my threads telling me I can’t do anything, despite other people already doing it?

They usually post early.

Trick is to let it run a bit and give the posters with actual life experiences and factual information.

it is a great forum this, just got to sift through the chaff.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Imagine it.people,can do what they want with their own property 

So where does this crap come from, that for short term rentals you need a hotel license?

7 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

So where does this crap come from, that for short term rentals you need a hotel license?

It comes from a lot of complaints from places where people renting out their condos and other guests or owners in the same building get disturbed. Therefore it was much talk about it, but as I know it never really became law.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Comes from a farang real estate agent in Pattaya.

i couldn’t think of a more reliable source.

Like other clowns Farangs who replied to you on another thread.

Edited by Celsius
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

The amount of people who keep saying Airbnb is illegal in Thailand, 

for detached house, you can rent out as short as you like as a 'homestay' there is provision for it no problem

for a room in a condo it's illegal - they consider it multi-room building and needs hotel license which you won't get from having a few rooms in a condo 

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, digbeth said:

for detached house, you can rent out as short as you like as a 'homestay' there is provision for it no problem

for a room in a condo it's illegal - they consider it multi-room building and needs hotel license which you won't get from having a few rooms in a condo 

What about a hostel with bunk beds in a detached house?

2 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

I think certain areas will have their own  interpretation on how many rooms in a house requires a hotel licence

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, digbeth said:

I think certain areas will have their own  interpretation on how many rooms in a house requires a hotel licence

What if it's a single room with a few bunk beds?

19 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

That would usually fall under a homestay license

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

If the condo block has a hotel license the you as a owner are allowed to do STR, 

• Like 1

If it was illegal or them were the rules then Airbnb are capable on their platform of blocking any bookings that would be illegal, I think in certain areas of London you can only rent 90 days max, certain cities in Australia the max is 180 days and as far as I know Airbnb can block the calendar then nobody can book, 

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

If the condo block has a hotel license the you as a owner are allowed to do STR, 

that's a generous interpretation, in a mixed used condo there might be part of the building that's operating as a hotel, with separate entrance, check in desk and separate facilities like pool and lounge area, the condo residents can't access the hotel's lounge or pool and vice versa... the hotel there applied for their own license, just being in the same attached building does not grant you the right to that same license 

if it's a timeshare condo type of set up where you could pool your room into the hotel and guest got check in through the hotel's reception, use the hotel's maid for housekeeping then yes, you are part of the hotel 

1 minute ago, digbeth said:

that's a generous interpretation, in a mixed used condo there might be part of the building that's operating as a hotel, with separate entrance, check in desk and separate facilities like pool and lounge area, the condo residents can't access the hotel's lounge or pool and vice versa... the hotel there applied for their own license, just being in the same attached building does not grant you the right to that same license 

if it's a timeshare condo type of set up where you could pool your room into the hotel and guest got check in through the hotel's reception, use the hotel's maid for housekeeping then yes, you are part of the hotel 

If it's a Condo/Hotel, sorted then?